Sign in to follow this  
HomerMau BR

(SP) Gryphon Squad day 02

Brilliant! A worthy successor to Day 1. I like this one better, opening battle is epic, and the (albeit short) distance to travel adds much realism. I didn't really go for Day 1's base right beside the enemy attack, though get where you were coming from with the scenario.

Loved the area you chose. Plenty of nice forest-enclosed paddocks to pop up and down from.

Played it a few times now. Wasting my 2 sidewinders on enemy choppers before I was taken down later by the 2 SUs taught me well... :)

Keep it up man, you're doing the best chopper combat mission out there!

I can't see the mission in the game. I've placed in my missions folder but it's not appearing. Whats up with this?

I can't see the mission in the game. I've placed in my missions folder but it's not appearing. Whats up with this?

It comes in a folder which either must be pbo'ed or you can place it in your editor missions as is.

Fun mission btw -played with countermeasures and had a blast.

It comes in a folder which either must be pbo'ed or you can place it in your editor missions as is.

Fun mission btw -played with countermeasures and had a blast.

Can you explain the steps a little better? Also why isn't this indicated anywhere? Thanks

I'll try:p

The missions that you would normally put into your Arma2 missions have to be compiled into pbo format. For whatever reason, this mission was released uncompiled- aka, it's still a folder. Folder's you can only play in the editor, so you could just place it in 'Yourname/Documents/Arma2/Missions and should show up in you editor OR you would have to get a 'create pbo tool', then compile it yourself.

Thats weird. I downloaded it earlier today and it was definitely a folder which I converted myself.

Edit- yeah my bad. I accidently unpbo'ed myself when I told the download to 'open file'. Sorry bout that.

Edited by froggyluv

Njay - just drop it in the 'missions' folder in your Arma2 dir. Then it'll appear in the 'scenarios' menu. Easy.

Flouncy I have but it's not showing, thats the problem. Can anyone address this?

Did you per chance put it in the users\my documents\arma 2 missions folder? It should go in the game install directory - arma2\missions

That said, I've had mystery 'no show' .pbo files that were in the right place, but just don't appear...

Did you per chance put it in the users\my documents\arma 2 missions folder? It should go in the game install directory - arma2\missions

That said, I've had mystery 'no show' .pbo files that were in the right place, but just don't appear...

If they are mission files be sure that the name contains the island name too. For example:

- missionname.pbo won't show

- missionname.utes.pbo will show as playable cause it tells the game that it's for the Utes island.

Of course u will have to know the island name or guess it. For ArmA2 there isn't many possibilities and when more islands are released, if any it's a requirement u can easily figure out the name :D