Sign in to follow this  
GLeek

vegetation ruin my gameplay experience

title say all !

my gaming rig run a 4870 1GB. it's not enough !!§§§

bohemia, could you include an alternative vegetation detail for casual hardware?

we nearly all have 22" - 24' display , all these tree are gpu ressource CHASM.

regards

i noticed in your screenshots in your other thread posted in the suggestions forum about this, that your video memory option is set to default when you have a 1GB graphic card. No doubt your system has more then 3GB in memory as a whole. therefore the default setting needs to be changed to either high or very high and try disable AT. Also i found on mine that setting shadows to high and object details to normal that FPS was given a boost.

Its not that your machine wont run the game its just that the game engine isnt yet optimised. Hell, i can run it on a 8500 gfx with just 1gb ram with the settings above but with lower view distance. So theres no reason why it shouldnt run well on yours.

Infact your lucky 20fps is good compared to what alot of people have been suffering.

20 fps is not playable. IMO . ati tray tool does nothing other than display sys info. so, i will not disable it. i simply don't see the point .

considering shadow, i dislike high & very high settings. too ugly , at my opinion.old tech are sometime the best ;) . and i already tested it => not faster ... something is different than arma1 here

tree and bush are the cause of slow framerate , usually ... it happens sometimes outside forest, but i can manage that and more important, it's CPU related.

in my thread (post scriptum) we can clearly see display resolution make all the difference. i don't have rendering time

detail , but i'm sure it's ALL about tree, mainly because i tested a lot of thing in the game.

ps: please, go in my suggestion thread and give them your opinion

Edited by GLeek

If you are interested, I can explain you how to make a vegetation replacement.

What are the rest of your specs? My 4870 is fine, my FPS only drops in CPU demanding missions because my x2 3800+ has trouble keeping up. :p

Q6600@3ghz, 4GB ,vista64 SP2 ,game run @high priority (a bit less stuttering) drivers 9.8 .

this screenshot was from new polo island . there are many tree on this island, but problem still here on worst area of chernarus .

20 fps is not playable. IMO . ati tray tool does nothing other than display sys info. so, i will not disable it. i simply don't see the point .

okay my bad !!§§§§ i just verified if ati tray tool OSD caused anything to framerate. and it DOES . this thing eat 20% of my fillrate with 3Dmarkvantage. i suspect it does with all game.

after disabled ATT OSD, i relaunch the test few time. it appears that ati tray tool cause stuttering... as soon as i end it , my modest framerate doesn't suffer of stuttering anymore.

my ATT version is 1.6.9.1386, vista64 SP2, catalyst 9.8.

Speaking of vegetation, I have my viewdistance set to ca 2000, details high, shadows high.

All fine, except that in forests, low vegetation seems to be "growing" below my feet as I am going. While all the other objects can be seen from the above stated distance, these goddamned grasses and small bushes are appearing right infront of me. Not that it is gamebreaking but still...:o)

couldnt get PM though to KJU so dumping here as it is related to the thread:

Hi Kju,

Im pretty interested in learning how to create a vegetation replacement. If you could summarise the process that would be great!

Does it make a large difference in performance and in quality?. Is it replacing the first lod with the second, i think i've seen you mention that before, or would it be a shader tweak like lowplants?

I presume you'll be releasing something under PROPER?

Many Thanks,

Jon

Edited by xmongx