Sign in to follow this  
Joeride

Help the graphics suck on my computer

Ok I have windows vista home premium, intel i7 920 CPU, 64 bit operating system, 9 gb of ram, nvidia geforce gtx 260, and my graphics are horrible what is the problem

use -winxp because of the 9GB or ram you have. And read the troubleshooting thread.
9gb issue? on 64bit... and how does he get 9gb on a x58 Mb? odd amount of ram.

yes i got 9 GB of ram has anybody else had this problem the graphics are all blocky

yes i got 9 GB of ram has anybody else had this problem the graphics are all blocky

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -nosplash -maxmem=2047

try that in a shortcut.

ok i put that in a shortcut and got nothing

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

i put this and got the game but still blocky "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"......i put this and got nothing "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -nosplash -maxmem=2047

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

anybody else got any ideas

ok i put that in a shortcut and got nothing

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

i put this and got the game but still blocky "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"......i put this and got nothing "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -nosplash -maxmem=2047

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

anybody else got any ideas

Try:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe -winxp -nosplash -maxmem=2047"

I updated my drivers last night to 190.62. Game totally screwed up. I had just gotten 4gb of RAM back from an RMA case, they broke, and had installed them. The game totally bleared up, like it would not load high quality textures, and it would look like I was always standing far away from where I actually was... The -winxp commandline solved it for me.

8800GT, 8gb RAM.

first of all that nividia 260 is a low end new series card, remember nividia 8600's? it was better to get a 8800 high end verson card for a bit extra money, those 8600 cards were a really bad , you would probably get better performance out of a high end 8800gts card than a low end new 200 series card.

first of all that nividia 260 is a low end new series card, remember nividia 8600's? it was better to get a 8800 high end verson card for a bit extra money, those 8600 cards were a really bad , you would probably get better performance out of a high end 8800gts card than a low end new 200 series card.

Wrong (as usual).

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200727

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-260-review/11

I could go on and explain the expansive technical differences, but I digress.

Your "old tech is better" advice is getting pretty old yet it never wavers in it's total inaccuracy.

Edited by BangTail

it does not matter..

Edited by kklownboy
will it ever end

that's one of the dumbest things I've heard. I went from an 8800GT to what I have now and I can goddamn guarantee that the performance increased 10x in my games. Do some research before spewing out crap

Ok I have windows vista home premium, intel i7 920 CPU, 64 bit operating system, 9 gb of ram, nvidia geforce gtx 260, and my graphics are horrible what is the problem

First off........................Screenshots maybe? Detailed system specs, game/gpu settings etc?

If you want help you need to give some real details.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

that's one of the dumbest things I've heard. I went from an 8800GT to what I have now and I can goddamn guarantee that the performance increased 10x in my games. Do some research before spewing out crap

It's a common theme with his posts bashing 200 series cards and harping on why 8000 series are superior.

I think some salesman must have suckered him and now he needs others to believe it to make himself feel better about the purchase.

MASSIVE FAIL

Yep. I upgraded from 8800GT to gtx-260 and got a HUGE improvement in graphics performance. Was great until A2 then for some reason the 8800GT (which is now in my mate's machine) has much better performance in this game.

Anyway, you're wrong. Go away.

nonsence

I upgraded from 8800GTS G92 to gtx 260 and my fps doubled at res 1600x1050

The 8800 really wasnt almost able to handle that res and the gtx260OC just eats it...

Weren't the two solutions from the "monster thread" on this to limit your RAM to 7xxx something using MSCONFIG or to fall back to the 182.50 drivers?