UPDATED TO 1.3!
This addon for ArmA2CO makes the M136, NLAW and RPG-18 man-portable anti-tank launchers disposable as they are in real life. After one shot the tube is spent and cannot be reused in any way.
Ammunition size has been removed for players. Or rather, the magazines are removed from the player unless the launcher is weaponed. This means you have to reload the launcher every time you weapon it, and it is there to simulate having to remove the safety and flipping up the sights.
Carry a disposable launcher and you know you'll have ammo, as will your AI buddies as long as they have a useable launcher.
The spent tube can be thrown away after firing simply by switching weapon (default key: F). AI throws it away automatically shortly after firing.
The addon has full Extended Eventhandler support.
Aside from being a simple addon for a slightly more realistic game it is in great part designed for other addon-makers.
The code has been kept as simple and as modular as I have the wits to make it for the simple functionality it has now. It is fully possible to make this work with disposable launchers in other addons by adding a few variables to those launchers's config and should require no tinkering with INKO Disposable at all.
- v1.3 (20010-09-05, CO ONLY!):
- Added: NLAW launcher has been made disposable
- Added: M2A2 has got disposable launchers added to its cargo.
- Changed: All OA and BAF vehicles and ammo boxes has had their disposable launcher ammunition changed to actual launchers.
- Changed: Addon cfgPatches class name changed to inko_disposable_oa
- v1.2 (2009-12-06):
- Changed: Empty tubes are now locally created objects on all machines and are not retroactively created on JIP clients. This is all to reduce net traffic and improve overall performance.
- v1.11 (2009-09-10):
- Added: LAV-25, AAV-7, BMP-3 and BTR-90 have got disposable launchers added to their cargo. Numbers depend on vehicle size.
- Fixed: Ammo boxes and vehicles have got their cargo changed to provide enough launchers
- Fixed: Correct displayNames for magazines
- Fixed: Magazines (rockets) on ground are now invisible.
- v1.1 (2009-09-09)
- Added: Automatic ammunition management for players and AI. As long as you carry a M136 or RPG-18 you don't need to worry about ammo anymore.
- Added: Ammo won't take any inventory space for players. AI carries ammo as normal though, not to mess up their ability to fire.
- Added: Forced reload when weaponing launcher to simulate preparing the weapon.
- Added: Automatic throwaway of launcher when switching weapon
- Fixed: Player is no longer forced to kneel and drop weapon shortly after firing
- Broken: Discarded tubes might spin like a merry-go-round and bounce like a rubber ball.
- v1.01 (2009-08-23)
- Fixed CfgAddon entries
- Added module for reduced inventory size for M136 and RPG18 rockets (inko_disposable_ammosize.pbo)
- v1.0 (2009-08-23):
- First release
Special thanks to zGuba for his assistance and cooperation!
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
THIS ADDON REQUIRES COMBINED OPERATIONS PATCHED TO AT LEAST VERSION 1.54.
This addon requires the Extended EventHandlers found in CBA!
Download CBA here
1.2-link for ArmA2 standalone: