Sign in to follow this  
zeep

I updated Audigy soundcard driver, now ARMA2 BSOD's!?! Crash crash crash

Whatever magic thing changed when i updated my Creative Audigy soundcard driver, ARMA2 now gives me blue screens all the time.

For pete's sake, now what?! :confused::confused::eek:

Weird thing is it's the dreaded Nvidia nv_something_.dll blue screen everytime.

My guess is that the sounddriver screws something up so nicely inside ARMA2 (or vice versa), the pc *thinks* it's the Nvidia dll causing the crash. I see no other explanation. Maybe that's the secret in solving the nv_...dll crashes.

The disturbing thing is ARMA2 was running fine but i wanted to see if an updated soundcard driver could possibly give better 3D sound in-game. Following the sticky on sound issues, above in this forum, i downloaded the latest driver from Creative and after uninstalling the old driver (following Creative's step by step uninstall method to be safe) i installed the latest drivers.

Boom. Blue screens son. Say byebye to playing ARMA2.

Please help. I think i'm going bananas here..!!

Could be a hardware conflict that's being exaggerated by the new drivers.

Obviously the first thing to do is clean the audio driver off and reinstall the previous one, to see whether you still get BSODs.

Tried that immediately, uninstall and removal of all Creative files, then reinstall of old driver.

Still get the bsod's.

Any idea what now?

Other games run fine. HL2 series, Day of Defeat Source, COD4, Red Orchestra, TF2, GTA.

Interestingly enough I got a funny sound file error message when trying to update my nVidia drivers to 190.38 - It happens everytime, in and out of safemode. I dont know if it matters but I'm BSODing all the time in ARMA2.

I have no soundboard, only use a headset.