Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice_Boat Tank Damage System

Found enough time and did some short tests with ARTY ammo. Fixes was needed and are done. Now TDS really handles ARTY ammo... I hope.

Howitzer and mortar ARTY ammo attacks top armor at direct hit only (so SADARM always). Rocket ARTY ammo never.

Also found listed somewhere "ARTY_SADARM_NET" and "ARTY_SADARM_BURST" classnames, but honestly I haven't idea, what uses and when these classes of SADARM.

Anyway:

Nice_Boat's Tank Damage System 2a

Nice_Boat's Tank Damage System 2.01 (experimental)
    Last edited by Rydygier; Feb 10 2012 at 19:48.

Cool ... thanks for the update mate ! Will test this immediately!

Useful info:

Found new, introduced in OA 1.60, command:

allowCrewInImmobile

Can't implement this into TDS, because this must be Arma2 only compatibile, but this may be in easy way used externally, by init field or separate script... This should to stop this suicidal behavior, when crew leaves immobilized tank with still operational armament regardless of situation, so even under heavy fire with many hostiles nearby, that may be easily destroyed by tank gun.
    Last edited by Rydygier; Feb 5 2012 at 13:36.

Hi Rydygier. I have a few questions about TDS.

Can I assume that this isn't compatible with ACE, since ACE has it's own integrated armour penetration system?

Does this addon work for all vehicles or just certain ones that it is configured for?

Lastly, could you clarify what you mean above re ARTY ammo? Do you mean that you got the BIS SADARM arty rounds to work with this mod?

Cheers.
    The British Army will never yield!

1. Yep, it isn't compatibile with ACE units, in fact in TDS are used armor and penetration values taken from ACE armor configs, so, for exampe, T-90 is surprisingly resistant (better than Abrams) and Abrams HE ammo works as HEAT...

2. TDS recognizes only certain, and configured vehicles, but there is possibility to add new (and to remove not used to make script more light, if needed), quite simply, if only someone do not afraid some code editing and know real armour/ammo parameters of these vehicles. Currently are supported generic Arma 2 only armoured vehicles (OA and so on not covered, haven't any of later released Arma 2 expansions, so can't test), vehicles from Duala, and some other from Vilas' Polish army addon, but older version. If someone needs some assistance with this - I will by glad to help.

This is typical line for tank armor config:

PHP Code:
    {if (_target isKindOf "M1A2_TUSK_MG"then {_armorCE 1035_armorKE 720_surviv 30;_sidePKE 0.54;_sidePCE 0.62;_rearPKE 0.11;_rearPCE 0.17;_topPKE 0.06;_topPCE 0.04;_bottomPKE 0.42

_armorCE
    it is base RHA armor value against HEAT ammo, _armorKE - against kinetc/explosive ammo. _surviv is divisor of taken damage if penetration occurs, rest are multipliers of base KE/CE armor for hits from sides/rear/top/bottom;

And ammo config example:

PHP Code:
    if (_ammo isKindOf "Sh_120_SABOT"exitwith {_penetration 805 NBRand50_kinetic true
    Contains ammo class name, base RHA penetration with some random factor (from + 0 to + 50 in this case) and kind of hit.

If penetration is greater, than armor value (also with some randomization) then, and only then, overall damage (after some re-calculations) is applied. Often this means instant kill, but if weapon is weak and/or _surviv variable high, there may occur "non-kill" penetration with damage less than 1. Then also crew gets injuries (normal crew injuries, that are to high and that occurs even without penetration are overrided by TDS, otherwise crew die quickly inside not damaged tank...). TDS supports also mines and independent crew, gun, turret, tracks and wheel damage...

3. About working SADARM (creating submunition when fired from gun with ARTY module synchronized and above vehicle target) just replied in blackace's thread, it is separate thing, here I did, that TDS recognizes SADARM submunition classname and calculate proper (well... up to about 130 mm RHA penetration, that info I found for US SADARM and there is same classname for RU SADARM, so it is equally effective in TDS) penetration/damage for it. Before this change SADARM hits was just ignored by TDS (no penetration, 0 damage, nothing, only boom).

This is SADARM config:

PHP Code:
    if (_ammo isKindOf "ARTY_SADARM_PROJO"exitwith {_penetration 110 NBRand25;_explosive true;_top 1;_arty true
    _top = 1 guarantees top hit, _arty is unused for now, is keeped "just in case". _explosive means, that KE armor value will be used, but without drop of penetrator kinetic energy with distance growth, characteristic for SABOT ammo. _explosive is used, when kinetc hit occurs, but projectile do not flies all the way from attacker's vehicle but is emmited nearby target (eg debris from HE round explosion).
    Last edited by Rydygier; Feb 5 2012 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydygier View Post
    Useful info:

Found new, introduced in OA 1.60, comand:

allowCrewInImmobile

Can't implement this into TDS, because this must be Arma2 only compatibile, but this may be in easy way used externally, by init field or separate script... This should to stop this suicidal behavior, when crew leaves immobilized tank with still operational armament regardless of situation, so even under heavy fire with many hostiles nearby, that may be easily destroyed by tank gun.
    Good find! - Just tried using this in a trigger for a jackal with no front tyre and it looks like its working well. Seet bool to true using the trigger and my men could get in. Running CO 1.60.
    Oblig sig

This is working well! Still finding that AI drivers are turning a little to face threat but not the whole way. Im using the addon version. I do hear the commander telling them to 'move 50m east',where threat is , but they dont move all the way around.

Yeah. It is not perfect. But this is probably all, that can be achieved by a method based on the waypoints (there are in fact placed only few meters from tank, so tank should only to rotate and not to move towards). It's a shame that "sendsimplecommand" does not work as it should and drivers not cease to rotate tank on "STOP" command. This would be optimal, so nice solution.

I've placed this on my server and it is making tank encounters MUCH more deadly (and longlasting!)

Shame that they wont turn any further around - I take it that they are given a waypoint, so could extending that WP a few more metres make a difference ?

I had no internet few days, but I'm back... Tried make distance between tank and WP as small as possible, because when is placed further towards enemy, tank, true, will turn, but also will move some meters at least in this direction, and this is rather no good...

EDIT: there are still some small issues to repair, also with "Towards Enemy System", that should be fixed as soon, as I will have time for this.
    Last edited by Rydygier; Feb 10 2012 at 09:48.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast