Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

190.62 available from Nvidia :)

Thanks for the heads up!

More info here:

This is a WHQL-Certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION GPUs.

New in Release 190.62

Optimized for the latest PhysX gaming titles: Batman: Arkham Asylum and Darkest of Days.

Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0814.

Includes several bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.

Sweeet. I've been using the 190.56 with great success on Win7. Nice to see something new using physx, ive had it disabled for long time now.

Will try these one day.

Doesn't look like there are many changes in this version. Anyone noticed any improvements in Arma2?

Did a test run in the editor .... placed myself in Chernogorsk and did a small skirmish 4v4... also looked around and observed performance.

I'm also using the beta patch.

I didnt notice any huge improvement but overall I think there is definitely some improvement compared to older Nvidia drivers and patch 1.03, not sure if its the beta patch or the driver though.

EDIT: Running through trees is still a huge performance killer... from an average of 35fps to 22 just going into the forest area above Chernogorsk..... :(

Yapa

I am still sadly amazed there is no ARMA 2 nVidia optimized drivers. From nVidia themselves I mean.

What can they do? Games are written for GFX drivers not really the other way around. Unless its Sli support or something that the driver makers add, or some conflict/glitch resolved.

I dont know about you guys but on my gtx 295 im getting almost 20 fps increase from 30-40 fps to now 50-70 fps using Physx acceleration on using this driver from my old one. This is on a single gfx not slied. It seems to be happening on all my games now not just ARMA 2. Whether it is the driver or just me thinking its getting better i dont know, but it used to freeze a little and that doesnt seem to be the case.

Anyone with the same experience please let me know :)

I dont know about you guys but on my gtx 295 im getting almost 20 fps increase from 30-40 fps to now 50-70 fps using Physx acceleration on using this driver from my old one. This is on a single gfx not slied. It seems to be happening on all my games now not just ARMA 2. Whether it is the driver or just me thinking its getting better i dont know, but it used to freeze a little and that doesnt seem to be the case.

Anyone with the same experience please let me know :)

A2 doesn't support PhysX so enabling PhysX will not provide any performance enhancements.

Eth

Exactlly. Turning OFF PhysX can be better for you on those cards. Saw it in a thread here on the forum.

Test shutting it off.

I have worse performance with these drivers. It is especially noticeable when I am rotating around. It isn't the usual texture and object loading lag, but a slurpy stilted rotation lol.

I will revert back to the previous drivers.

And yes I did install the latest version of Nhancer that supports the driver ;)