Sign in to follow this  
OutLord

Plane Yaw

I've searched the forums for Plane and yaw and the only related thread I found locked with no acknowledgement of the issue or a suggested fix.

Problem: When flying the jets, specifically the Harriers, the aircraft Yaw left and right and the rudder seems to be working on its own

I use a CH Pro throttle and a CH Fighterstick USB.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Someone had the same problem only with choppers or VTOL. I can't remember what the fix was but I think it may have been either a recalibration or disabling something in the controls.

Well thanks Bulldogs but cant anyone give me a difinitive anwer or point me to a post about this that has the fix?

I had a look through all the joystick threads and it seems the general problems (everything from steering to buttons not working) has been fixed by reconfiguring the joystick. I haven't used a joystick (even though I'm studying to become a pilot) in a while myself but do they still have a centering pitch in the software or on the unit itself?

I just remember with the old sims that I had to manually configure the joystick for each flight sim, but that was a long time ago.

That's the bug in the game. Many ppl have it even when playing on keyboard.

Is it listed to be fixed. Its extremely annoying and I've tried everything to fix it.

Where is the huge whining thread about this issue? It really kills all airplane controls and nobody cares?

I have a fix/workaround for this special problem.

You need a second controller with a "throttle slider" (e.g.: Logitech Wingman Rumblepad).

Now configure the rudder to the "throttle slider":

LWMRP2.jpg

Now the hardest part:

Try to move the slider only a very little bit to the left or right.

If you move it to far, your aircraft will always head into this direction!

You are done, enjoy flying aircrafts in ArmA2 like it should be! ;)

==========

It looks like, that a permanent rudder input, even if it is only 0,1%, disables that idiotic bug!

I hope it helps you.

MfG Lee

Edited by Lee_H._Oswald