Sign in to follow this  
Relemar

FPS booster

I had 27 fps, but I still had pretty much a laggy experience, I downloaded and installed FPS booster from here;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6152

and my fps is constantly 50FPS+ and the game looks NO DIFFERENT. Im amazed.

feel free to try it, just a tip for those who want your game to run decently (sometimes I had 80fps) mostly around 55 though.

great mod!

Hey-thanks for the heads up!

There is also a FPS helper Here on these forums!

Which one do you reckon is better? ;)

Seems im going to try it heh i hope its Multiplayercompatible ( since itremoves animals and some other stuffs) Dangerdog the performancepage is helpfull for rich persons didnt see my Geforce card on there =p Also does Anyone know a FPShelpt thing that tunes the tree's down? they hit my fps alot o.o ( on multiplayer with decent conection in a forest path tank with 40km( i assume its KM or else im screwed wit the speeds o.o ) half minute to cover 60 meters )

Thanks! Going to try this out! ARMA2 runs well already for me but I will try this to see how it changes :D

Seems im going to try it heh i hope its Multiplayercompatible ( since itremoves animals and some other stuffs) Dangerdog the performancepage is helpfull for rich persons didnt see my Geforce card on there =p Also does Anyone know a FPShelpt thing that tunes the tree's down? they hit my fps alot o.o ( on multiplayer with decent conection in a forest path tank with 40km( i assume its KM or else im screwed wit the speeds o.o ) half minute to cover 60 meters )

Unless other people are running the mod (or it's on the server) I doubt it'll work multiplayer, or it shouldn't.

Had a little improvement on one level that ive tried with this. Thanks for the post!

no worries guys, seriously no joke or anything, no bs I was on 24FPS, now I'm running it ultra smooth at 50+ 70% of the time. I can't believe it. The grass just looks a little bit patchy, but I don't care :P

I use FPS Helper and it really does help! The only issue is, it is sort of like hacking as it makes all the grass very short so if you go prone you don't have the grass blocking your view where as other players will and also you will see people in long grass when they think they cannot be seen.

Didn't help me in any noticeable way, just made the game look worse.

How do you remove this?

Delete the @FPSHelper1.21 file from your installation directory

How do you remove this?

I just removed the files that I added to the "ADDONS" for this...

The names are as follows =

- Cher_low.pbo

- cher_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

- Misc_low.pbo

- misc_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

- Utes_low.pbo

- utes_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

Just make sure those are the ones you remove and not the others.

I just removed the files that I added to the "ADDONS" for this...

The names are as follows =

- Cher_low.pbo

- cher_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

- Misc_low.pbo

- misc_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

- Utes_low.pbo

- utes_low.pbo.FPShelper.bisign

Just make sure those are the ones you remove and not the others.

Just never add custom files to the default addons folder. Cant imagine you do so deliberatly. You are not only running the risk of deleteing the wrong files but you will also have troubles patching and when using multiple addons you will have lots of troubles finding the cause when any of those conflict.

I use FPS Helper and it really does help! The only issue is, it is sort of like hacking as it makes all the grass very short so if you go prone you don't have the grass blocking your view where as other players will and also you will see people in long grass when they think they cannot be seen.

Actually its not really hacking, as the ai is hacking you as they still see you in the grass once your spoted no matter what, where as you can't see them.

so i should make another addons folder?

Search these forums for:installing mods.You'll find everything you need to know.

Just never add custom files to the default addons folder. Cant imagine you do so deliberatly. You are not only running the risk of deleteing the wrong files but you will also have troubles patching and when using multiple addons you will have lots of troubles finding the cause when any of those conflict.

Thanks for the heads up bud. This was the first time i did it this way (I use the launcher/folders way everytime except this time). I will not do it this way in the future and stick to the way I was doing it before (as I can see what you are saying about the issues it could cause if other files where deleted or if no original mod files where in that addon folder). I should stick to my ADD ON folder I made and use the launcher correct? Glad doing it that other lazy way ONE time didnt cause any big problems, thanks again for the warning.

One question....

Is it ok to just place the User Made missions .PBO file into the MISSION folder? (It says under install details on the readme files for alot of user made missions to just place .PBO into the MISSION folder). That has worked fine with no issues so far and is reccomended as the way to isntall in more the text files. Or should I be using that ADD on program/launcher for the PBO mission files aswell?

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

so i should make another addons folder?

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Check that out there bud, has some good info.

Edited by kozzy420

Actually its not really hacking, as the ai is hacking you as they still see you in the grass once your spoted no matter what, where as you can't see them.

I believe he was talking about players without mentioning AI at all.