Sign in to follow this  
pZonaKo

Static and extreme LOW framerate, no solution found in formus

I have the following configuration:

MoBo: ASUS M2N32 WS Professional

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5200+@ 2613Mhz

RAM: 8Gb DD2 Kingston HyperX

VGA: nVidia GeForce GTX 295

I've tryed latest drivers, older... SLI Patch... and can play more than 25FPS... maximum! average of 16

Arma2 setup is this one:

Resolution: 1680x1050

3D Res: 1680x1050

Texture quality: High

Video memory: High

Aniso: low

Antialiasing: low

Terrain detail: normal

Object detail: normal

Shadows: normal

Postprocessing efects: Low

And draw distance 2017

¿Does anyone know why can I get more than 25 FPS? and what is causing this extreme LOW average???

Thanks a lot!

Your cpu = OLD, Under Powered = change

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

Either get a new CPU, or overclock it, or increase the resolution, increase AA, max out Aniso, set draw distance to 5km, 10km, max out everything else except HDR (personal setting).

I've got an X6800@ 3.2ghz 4GB ram and a GTX 295 and never get over 25 FPS even if I set everything to low and the lowest resolution.

Theres something wrong with the game and no amount of changing settings or drivers will fix it. Sli enhancement patch etc etc...nothing seems to work. If I turn everything to low and look up into an empty sky.....the FPS remains the same.

I agree his CPU is a bit slow but he should be able to get better than 16 FPS.

Amd Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.00 ghz

4GB ram 1600 mhz

System type:32

Nvidia Gtx 295

i dont understand this game ppl i got nice pc but my fps is low :(

I had Vista 64,

8 gigs of ram

GTX295

Q9950 @ 3.4ghz

And I was getting horrible fps in SLI.... like 10-25

I upgraded to Windows7 64 on avg its 30-70 now

I think everyone should be skeptical of the huge performance increase that is said to happen when you leave vista.

I have vista x64, and became convinced enough by these forums to try XP x64, and decided to benchmark it myself.

I made my own mission, and used exactly the same settings for ArmA in Vista and XP. What I found.......... almost no difference in frame rate, 24-25 FPS in Vista and XP.

I have seen the benchmarks that report as much as a 10 FPS difference, but I'm skeptical of how much they controlled the conditions they tested with. ArmA is very strange with FPS, you should only get the FPS right after opening the game, a fresh mission load, and looking in exactly the same spot.

I think this is often why people see performance increases when they increase settings, the fact that the game reloaded new textures or the game was alt-tabbed, or the player was staring in a different direction for a while, these all have an effect on the FPS, and we saw the same thing in ArmA1. In fact, it was discovered by players in ArmA1 that changing certain settings essentially caused a memory flush that would show in increase in FPS for some time.

I guess my point is, be skeptical of what you read on these forums about performance increases. A lot of statements are made without controlled testing, and some are made just because it feels good to jump on the bandwagon. So it would be in your best interest to do your own research, it performs different on every machine.

I can say for mine that the FPS helper addon, view distance, anti aliasing, and post processing effect my FPS more than anything.

Nvida 190.56 [ nothing changed in the settings ]

All latest system patches [intel inf , Realtek audio, Realtek LAN on a Gigabyte UD5]

registry cleaned

latest BIS beta patch

defragged Hdd

GTX295, I7 920 @3.8, VISTA 64

No switches or tweaks in the command line or shortcut properties

Games running silky smooth with everything on highest except PP [off] AF [Normal] AA [High] Res 1900*1200 x2 view distance 5km

I was capped 33fps like loads of others no matter what I tried until I updated all the above. I still get textures loading in large citys but overall performance is much improved.

im happy with 15 fps, i know thats crazy but im getting used to it

bought the game, ran like crap

upgraded the vid card, ran like crap

upgraded the cpu, ran the same, like crap

bought a new hard drive since the old was full, still runs like crap...

I give up, arma 2 performance aint even close to what their specs say will run it..

usually run in 1280x768

rig is currently spec'd as follows:

AMD 6000 X64 3.01 Ghz dual core

GTX280/1 gig memory

680watt supply

4 gigs low latency corsair ram

asus crosshair mb

vista enterprise x64

tried updating drivers,

tried several differnt tweaks and peaks

tried settings all up , all down, no shadows, no post proc, everything on low

tried playing with nvidia settings panel

just standing still looking around and zooming in on some trees the frame rates get to choppy to even look around... its just bullshit...

i could get 16 at best and 4 by just looking left or right...

Edited by wingtip

Just curious , has everyone thats having problems updated vista to at least SP1? If not you might want to think about it...

wingtip i think it may be that arma2 just dosent run well on vista,i have two computers xp and vista 64 bit it runs better on my xp

Well, before making some changes and try many setups... Nothing changed. I'm playing Crysis with everything in Very Hight and a AAx4... a 39FPS AVG.

I've upgraded the power supply, a dedicated ThermalTake POWERMAX 650W (just for the VGA)... there is not the problem... but, well now I have a total of 1300W

Next step:

ASUS M4N78 Deluxe

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition.

Will see...

(Excuse my poor english... please...)

I've tryed latest drivers, older... SLI Patch... and can play more than 25FPS... maximum! average of 16

Arma2 setup is this one:

And draw distance 2017

¿Does anyone know why can I get more than 25 FPS? and what is causing this extreme LOW average???

Thanks a lot!

no upgrade will help you at the moment, i suggest you wait for game/driver update then consider upgrading. Many people have i7 with GTX 295 and still have problems with low FPS.

no upgrade will help you at the moment, i suggest you wait for game/driver update then consider upgrading. Many people have i7 with GTX 295 and still have problems with low FPS.
i believe ther SLI isnt working. so then they are "stuck" with a 260~275gtx.

FYI, when i first got my x58 Mb back in late october i had to wait for a Bios update to have CF work( fortunately it came rt away). Was the same issue with the x38s... If your running a x58 with a dec08 or earlier bios the sli and CF maybe borked..

Edited by kklownboy

Arma2 setup is this one:

And draw distance 2017

Thanks a lot!

This might sound crazy but just try it.

Remove 2x sticks of 2GB (leaving you with 4GB RAM), delete arma2.cfg and then setup your setting again, but choose default video memory this time. Then restart Arma 2. See if it makes a difference.

This is assuming you have 64bit Vista or Win 7.

Finally i get my brand new CPU... and AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edittion... and i'm really impressed with the power if this CPU.... ¡¡¡BUT IN CrySis!!! not in Arma2... i'm really depressed with this game... I'm playing Crysis with all setup to Very Hight and with AAx4 at a resolution of 1680x1050... and the FPS NEVER descend from 35-40 FPS with a maximun (in a free of people places) of 80-90

In Arma2 is the same shit... 20-25 FPS maximum... and in third SP mission game turns unplayable 12-15 FPS maximum... i've recently reinstalled the SO (WinXP 32) latest drivers... and nothing changes :(

In Vista is fully unplayable, this is what i'm trying XP... The only way i've to try is installing Win7... and trying it...

Well... in other way, my current MoBo is not compatible with this CPU... and i had to make a plenty of paranoic changes to can make it run with this MoBo... this wednesday i'll try the new one, M4N82 Deluxe and will see if this "incopatibility" is fu*king me...

See you and thanks!!

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Just to comment something curious. In first mission, into the forest, with all setup to Very High (except AA and AF, this twice is in normal and high respectively) i get an average of 40FPS (really) but the problem starts when game have to work with structures!! ¿Could it be possible? first mission an avg of 47FPS, second (with the little town) an AVG of 38 and third becomes unplayable... when i'm coming to the "civilization" everything slow down...

¿Why?