Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

MH-53E addon released

is it possible to lift humvee or light APC with this big flying thing? :bounce3:

Also if Mandoble gets his Mando Hitch script from A1 to A2 we could add the lift option via script. That was a great addition.

I thought working Mando hitch script is already in use in Coop Evolution Marine Mission in ArmA 2 :D

the think emery uses..is the "attach to command" script! how ever this one and the one for a1 wil have scripts to do this too...all thanks to...my bud emery!

and they can carry hummve's and small apc's!

ive also seen an ch-53 transport an lav (something similar at least)...

i think that was in an dokumentation...

The MH-53E is a heavy-lift helo and in real life, there's no way it can lift a tank (Abrams, Challenger, Leopard). Since the US Navy are the primary users of this bird, it should reflect that (USN).

If you're talking about the MH, yes, they are. On the other hand, we (Marine Corps) have many more CH-53E's in service.

is it possible to lift humvee or light APC with this big flying thing?

It can easily lift a humvee but a light APC, I don't know. According to a website, the MH-53E "Sea Dragon" can lift up to 16 tons. An Abrams weighs almost 70 tons.

It can easily lift a humvee but a light APC, I don't know. According to a website, the MH-53E "Sea Dragon" can lift up to 16 tons. An Abrams weighs almost 70 tons.

And an Abrams isn't a light APC.

They can lift blackhawk helicopters which way around 22,000 lbs.

Main rotor blade looks off, in ArmA 2 helo main rotor blades kind of left up as you start it up. In this addon here the main blade is just staying flat and in the middle of the rotor it wobles like crazy. Could we see in the next update new main rotor blades? In this pic you will see the main rotor arch up as all the other choppers in ArmA 2 do. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/CH-53_Super_Stallion.jpg Also they have an top cover on the main rotor.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Main rotor blade looks off, in ArmA 2 helo main rotor blades kind of left up as you start it up. In this addon here the main blade is just staying flat and in the middle of the rotor it wobles like crazy. Could we see in the next update new main rotor blades? In this pic you will see the main rotor arch up as all the other choppers in ArmA 2 do. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/CH-53_Super_Stallion.jpg Also they have an top cover on the main rotor.

me or gachopin will try, nice pic tho...and ppl say my one textures(w.i.p. navy ones) are too light\bright...as ppl can see in tht pic..there nearly white in color(mostly due to fade from the sun)

That's right, it's a main battle tank which weighs 69.54 tons (M1A2). An if you read my post (3rd sentence) you would see all I said was, "An Abrams weighs almost 70 tons.":)

That's right, it's a main battle tank which weighs 69.54 tons (M1A2). An if you read my post (3rd sentence) you would see all I said was, "An Abrams weighs almost 70 tons.":)

Ding ding ding.

Good on you "remembering" how much the exact weight of an Abrams is.

They can lift blackhawk helicopters which way around 22,000 lbs.

Ding ding ding.

Good on you "remembering" how much the exact weight of an Abrams is.

What exactly is your problem? He already said in his first post that the Abrams is too heavy and now you flame him for what reason?

I suggest you take your personal issues to PM where you don't bother the rest of the community with it. And here we continue on-topic which is about that wonderful MH-53 addon.

does this work on a dedicate gameserver

sorry i dont know, i never really played online...and im sure im missing out but, thats just me!...maby when our pack comes out...if its not already workable on a dedicated gameserver, we will try to make it workable!

@Wolle..thank you, i didnt want to say anything because im not a admin, but honistly guys, who cares right now, we will try to make it carry a respectable amount of cargo\payload! but first let us get this working! im still very new to this as you guys know, so it will take some time, theres still a bit more to do, and right now im just waiting for gachopin to send me our new models+textures(including working guns) already in a pack(as i cant make them all load in one config)! then off it goes to my scripting buddys...from there you will have the best h-53e's you could ever ask for...from me atleast..lol

Edited by soldier2390

The way you worded your post, it came off like you were suggesting that an Abrams was a light APC. Even I had to do a double take.

What exactly is your problem? He already said in his first post that the Abrams is too heavy and now you flame him for what reason?

I suggest you take your personal issues to PM where you don't bother the rest of the community with it. And here we continue on-topic which is about that wonderful MH-53 addon.

Flame? I was being sarcastic, little bit of dry humour never hurt anyone. I know he searched for it, that's what makes it funny.

I've got nothing against GD Mast, he has posted information in the thread that is useful.

Is there anyway someone can add a mini gun to the ramp, with an animation when using it of the gunner sitting down?

I know that its kinda vague, but hopefully someone understands what i mean.

Thanks

Is there anyway someone can add a mini gun to the ramp, with an animation when using it of the gunner sitting down?

I know that its kinda vague, but hopefully someone understands what i mean.

Thanks

read my eailer posts bud! i thing you will be happy!

The awaited updated version of the MH-53 not yet released?

nope...still waiting for gachopin...i dont know why its taking this long...i guess he is busy, but no worrys cause what we are making out of this is alsome and you all will enjoy!

UPDATE: i a test version of our h-53e's with working guns to test out in-game! and apart from 2 miner errors..one being that once in first person view of the gunners, you seem to be in the floor half way, but once back in third person view your ok again, me and gachpoin is working this out now! arma1 and arma2 release is very close..i will try to take a pic of them(from the third person view) to show you guys!

EDIT: Found them...

Great mod...very well done!

Edited by BD1