Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAviator

Still BSOD

well then its coming down to your RAM and or PSU. Your uber antec is which model?, and your ram voltage is in the 1.65 to 1.7 range?( adjust the QPI vt to stay with in .5 of your DDRvt) Is your XMP profile on? 999 is loose timmings.

Here are the default votages with no Overclock with everything set to auto:

CPU: 1.22500

Dram Bus Voltage: 1.50

QPI/Dram Core Voltage: 1.20000

IOH PCIE: 1.50

IOH:1.10

I have before taken the Dram Bus Voltage up to 1.64 and worked down but no luck in stability. I have also taken the QPI up too 1.35 and worked down before by itself and with the Dram Bus Voltage.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Try CPU-Z, it's free and gives you pretty much everything you need to know about the Ram and CPU (timings, voltages, etc)

I don't think CPUz gives voltages for RAM stuff....or I don't see it anyway. I got the ASUS TurboZ. It gives alot of good info.

UPDATE:

I installed my new GTX275 about 3 days ago and have been playing ARMA 2 on High settings with ZERO problems. :yay:

WOOOOHOOOO

Great to hear CrazyAviator......hopefully your not jumpling the gun though. I put a new video card in mine and no luck still same issue.

Different crash reports though. Crazy's was easier to diagnose because it was basically giving a video crash report, your crash report is more vague, it's a stackhash which basically means that Windows doesn't know what caused the crash so it's just showing you what was running through the CPU when it crashed.

Yea but its strange its happening with two video cards at about the same time. With the ATI card though it does seem a little more stable.

I put my nvidia 285 card back in and its so much better playing the game with it than the ATI. Looks a hell of alot better. But the crashes really sucks.

I am getting a new error now I believe its the nvlddmkm stopped responding. I had another one before I thought. I don't recall now though.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

The only other thing I can suggest is to uninstall Arma 2, then delete your arma 2 directory if it's still there, then rename the arma 2 directory under my documents, then goto HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio, and delete the arma2 key entry (if using a 64 bit OS add ->WoW6432node, after Software)

After that, reinstall Arma 2 and run it as is (no patch) to see if there's any change.

------------

No luck with this either Bulldogs

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

UPDATE:

I installed my new GTX275 about 3 days ago and have been playing ARMA 2 on High settings with ZERO problems. :yay:

WOOOOHOOOO

Hopefully your still posting around here CrazyAviator........How long do you play when you play Arma 2???

The nvlddmkm (nvidia driver) error is caused by a video card crash but in many circumstances it's caused by something else crashing the video card. This can be a device conflict or many other things.

The other error you were getting with the ATi card installed was most likely "atikmdag stopped responding and has recovered" or something like that. It's basically the same error as the nvidia one but for ATi cards.

If you are getting this error with both cards then it's likely that it's not an issue with the graphics but something is conflicting with your PCI.

The 3 best things to do is to; (test after each one)

First update your motherboard drivers.

Second remove a windows update called KB952287

(control panel -> Programs and Features -> View installed updates -> Uninstall KB952287)

Third remove any non-essential peripherals/devices. This includes removing Sound cards, TV Tuner cards (these are very high culprits), and anything else you don't need, including anything attached to the USB ports (printers, camers, etc). If everything go's fine then reattach one device at a time and fully test to see if it still crashes.

It's a generic error so it can be caused by many different things including RAM/CPU.

If you get no success with the above tests, goto http://www.nvlddmkm.com/ and try the solutions there.

Bulldogs...........This is why this issue is driving me nuts!! I have already uninstalled that hotfix. When I load an OS the first thing I do are the chipset drivers and then everything else.

The only PCI device I have is the video card. My printer is a network printer so its not hooked up directly. I have tried turning off and tweaking every BIOS settings and I'm just lost on the issue.

I found that www.nvlddmkm.com and tried some of the regedits, etc. Nothing has helped.

This may be the last Asus board I get, I'm not sure what else the issue could be!