Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

BASIC spawn script. For a complete idiot. Me. Searched...

Hope Ive summed up what I mean in the title. :)

All I need, is a basic, simple, for non scripters, (or newbie scripter) no frills, bog standard way of spawning a single unit, or a group at a definable point on the map. Called from a trigger. Not for multiplayer, not for respawning.

=================================

I did use the search function, but I just couldn't find a simple explanation. I know the info is there in some of the scripts and examples from these searches, I just can't work out what it is I need out of them, (most seem to be scripts for spawning and something else.

Search queries:

Spawn Unit

Spawn Group

Basic Spawn Script

The last search had This in, but, I can't make what I need out of that script.

Any help would be really appreciated guys. Thanks.

Edited by Bascule42
bad link

Ah, I got just what you need! I wrote it for one of my non-existant missions that I will probably never ever complete due to an inability to focus. Its not perfect and probably a little overdone (could find out if its a vehicle automatically), and it uses a global variable because I couldnt get it to be passed locally, but hey it should work.

To use it you simply make a squad or vehicle in the editor, use the script in the init and set the proper trigger variable. In my case I use "mis_pavlovo", but you can name it anything of course. Waypoints and such are regular editor waypoints. The script will store waypoints and unit attributes, delete the unit, then respawn it after the trigger.

At least I *think* it should work, perhaps you should try it on a smaller scale lol.

Of course you could use built in BIS functions, but then you need a bunch of extra stuff like unit names, spawnpositions etc.

// This script borrows some stuff from Norrins AI respawn script, so thanks to him for lessening my pain
// USAGE: [uNITNAME (leader if infantry squad), BOOLEAN (if it is a vehicle)];

_unit = _this select 0;
_vehicle = _this select 1;

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

//hint format["Hiding units for %1, mis_sosnovka", _unit];

// AI variables
_AI_unitArray  = [];
_AI_magArray   = [];
_AI_wepArray   = [];
_AI_skillArray = [];

// This will probably not do much if its infantry
_crew = crew _unit;
_vcltype = typeOf _unit;

_unitsGroup = units (group _unit);
_origposition = getPos _unit;
_origdir = getDir _unit;

// Create a dummy group and copy the editor created waypoints to this group
_newgroup = createGroup (side _unit);
_newgroup copyWaypoints (group _unit);

if (!_vehicle) then {
// Gather the infantry info
{
	_AI_unitArray = _AI_unitArray + [typeOf _x];
		_AI_magArray = _AI_magArray + [(magazines _x)];
		_AI_wepArray = _AI_wepArray + [(weapons _x)];
		_AI_skillArray = _AI_skillArray + [skill _x]
} forEach _unitsGroup;

// Delete all units
{ deleteVehicle _x; } forEach _unitsGroup;
}
else {
// Gather vehicle info
{
	_AI_unitArray = _AI_unitArray + [typeOf _x];
	_AI_skillArray = _AI_skillArray + [skill _x];
} forEach _crew;

// Delete the vehicle
deleteVehicle _unit;
};

//hint "reached the mission loop";

//------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Put the script on hold until the mission is active
while { !mis_pavlovo } do {
sleep 10;
};
//------------------------------------------------------------------------

//hint "Ressurecting hidden group";

if(!_vehicle) then {
// Recreate the new group
{ _x createUnit [_origposition, _newgroup]; } forEach _AI_unitArray;

sleep 1;

// Disable move and restock them
_unitsGroup = units _newgroup;
{_x disableAI "MOVE"} forEach _unitsGroup;

for [{ _loop = 0 },{ _loop < count  _unitsGroup},{ _loop = _loop + 1}] do
{
	_guy = _unitsGroup select _loop;
	removeAllWeapons _guy;
	{_guy removeMagazine _x} forEach magazines _guy;
	removeAllItems _guy;
	{_guy addMagazine _x} forEach (_AI_magArray select _loop);
	{_guy addWeapon _x}   forEach (_AI_wepArray select _loop);
	_guy selectWeapon (primaryWeapon _guy);
	_guy setSkill (_AI_skillArray select _loop);
	sleep 0.1;
};

{ _x enableAI "MOVE" } forEach _unitsGroup;
} 
else {
// Recreate the vehicle
_vcl_new = _vcltype createVehicle _origposition;
_vcl_new setDir _origdir;

sleep 1;

// Create the crew	
{ _x createUnit [_origposition, _newgroup]; } forEach _AI_unitArray;

sleep 1;

// Disable move and get in the new vehicle
_unitsGroup = units _newgroup;
{_x disableAI "MOVE"} forEach _unitsGroup;

for [{ _loop = 0 },{ _loop < count  _unitsGroup},{ _loop = _loop + 1}] do
{	
	_guy = _unitsGroup select _loop;
	_guy setSkill (_AI_skillArray select _loop);
	if (_loop == 0) then {_guy moveInDriver _vcl_new};
	if (_loop == 1) then {_guy moveInGunner _vcl_new};	
	if (_loop == 2) then {_guy moveInCommander _vcl_new}; 
 	sleep 0.1;
};

{ _x enableAI "MOVE" } forEach _unitsGroup;
};

Edited by Murklor

Would this be what your looking for? They all work.

unit.sqf

Grp1=createGroup WEST;	

_unit1 = Grp1 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier", [(getMarkerPos "spawn") select 0,(getMarkerPos "spawn") select 1,0], [], 0, "form"]; 

group could be WEST (bluefor) or EAST (opfor) or CIV or GUER, class names are available here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241 Put an empty marker in the editor name it whatever e.g. "spawn" and put in a trigger

nul=execVM "unit.sqf";

to execute the script.

For a simple group of one type.

group.sqf

squad1=creategroup WEST;	

for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= 11}, {_i = _i + 1}] do

{
_unit= squad1 createUnit ["USMC_Soldier", [(getMarkerPos "spawn") select 

0,(getMarkerPos "spawn") select 1,0], [], 0, "form"];
}; 

or a group with different unit class types:

Esec1= Creategroup EAST;

_Unit1= Esec1 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_TL",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= 4}, {_i = _i + 1}] do
{
_Unit2= Esec1 createUnit ["RU_Soldier",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];
};

_Unit3= Esec1 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_GL",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit4= Esec1 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_Medic",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit5= Esec1 createUnit ["RU_Soldier_AR",[(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Es1") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_unit3 setunitrank "CORPORAL";

_unit1 setunitrank "SERGEANT";

_unit1=leader Esec1;

for vehicles use createVehicle instead of createUnit.

Edited by Padjur

And all those assume icky markers all over the map, manually generated waypoints (possibly even more markers) and fidgeting with the different troops cfgs, knowing their names and so on... Just saying. I think my script is better ;)

i think he is a newbie, and he just wants something simple no fuss and scripts called and

variables, if he wants friendly units he can use mine if enemyes ... well that is what you

guys just gave him. i know beacuse every time i search the forums for something, some

guys make monologue and i or some of us can understand nothing... so you look for

something simple..

Thank for the replies guys. Theres a lot to go through there...I've been trying a few of the scripts out:

Murklor: I don't even know where to begin mate...thats just way way over my head atm. Some of it make a bit of sense to me, but as yet, it'd be like me trying to put a square peg in a round hole!

lucilk: some very handy scripts there. I know I can use those in missions, cheers. And yes your right, searching for simple stuff is harder than it seems.

Padjur: Now that was what I was hoping for. Basic, simple...easy. Plus I, and its always a bonus, understand it! (I think). Another bonus, I have units spawning in my mission! \o/

However...heh :), for some reason I cant get it to spawn WEST units! Its not your scripts because I change the examples you give in the first 2 scripts to spawn EAST units instead of WEST and it works fine. Ive tried spawning both sides with a player from BLUFOR & OPFOR. Same result, can only get EAST units to spawn. Im calling the .sql files right because I tried placing triggers over the markers where the units get spawned and using the spawned units to activate the next trigger, had it working with 5 .sql files being triggered one after the other.

Also by placing a hint "active"; line at the end of each .sql I'm ensuring the scripts are being called from the trigger. I checked and double check the syntax, and again, no go with WEST units, but fine with EAST, (I've not even tried with the other factions yet).

Edited by Bascule42
edit for reasons of rambling

Murklor: I don't even know where to begin mate...thats just way way over my head atm. Some of it make a bit of sense to me, but as yet, it'd be like me trying to put a square peg in a round hole!

Lol and here I thought I was making it easy... Here's a quick example I made just for you - its my first ever Arma 2 mission released and its a real beauty! :p

Its just an editor map btw, no pbo. The scripts themselves should be self explanatory and with simple editing using just the editor (ie not even touching the scripts!) you could make a 100+ unit battle on Utes very easily. There's three triggers on the map which will:

1. Spawn 2 AI USMC infantry, making them walk to a waypoint and halt

2. Spawn 1 AI RUS infantry, make the USMC infantry proceed with their waypoints and attack the RUS infantry.

3. Spawn 3 M1A1 and 4 or 5 (cant remember lol) T90, making both sides attack each other while 1 of the M1s just drive into the airfield and more than likely get himself killed. Or actually all M1s will get killed ;)

http://www.2shared.com/file/7242115/94bd6110/spawn_exampleutes.html

(yeah the hosting sucks but it was what I could think of at short notice)

@Padjur,

Just tried that script you posted, changing the marker names to Hostile zone 2 (marker name on chern), units to createVehicle ["T90" bla bla bla, so it looks like this

Esec1= Creategroup EAST;

_Unit1= Esec1 createVehicle ["T90",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= 4}, {_i = _i + 1}] do
{
_Unit2= Esec1 createVehicle ["T90",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];
};

_Unit3= Esec1 createVehicle ["BMP3",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit4= Esec1 createVehicle ["BTR90",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit5= Esec1 createVehicle ["BTR90",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit6= Esec1 createVehicle ["BTR90",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit7= Esec1 createVehicle ["GAZ_Vodnik",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit8= Esec1 createVehicle ["GAZ_Vodnik",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit9= Esec1 createVehicle ["KamazReammo",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit10= Esec1 createVehicle ["BRDM2_INS",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit11= Esec1 createVehicle ["BTR90_HQ",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit12= Esec1 createVehicle ["GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_Unit13= Esec1 createVehicle ["BMP3",[(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 0,(getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2") select 1,0],[],0,"FORM"];

_unit3 setunitrank "CORPORAL";

_unit1 setunitrank "SERGEANT";

_unit1=leader Esec1;

But nothing spawns. Any ideas ?

Edited by Fenrir

Murklor, thanks again mate, been playing with that example for a bit, I'm still lacking total understanding of it, but I'm picking bits up. I know how its working, I just have to try and get why its doing what its doing...if that makes sense.

....nothing spawns. Any ideas ?

I tried that script, same result. I though it may because there are too many units, just the T90's alone would give you 15 men, (if I've understood the for [{_i = 0}, {_i <= 4}, {_i = _i + 1}] do loop correctly). But I tried spawning just 1 or 2 t90's, nothing. (I tried changing the marker name too - just in case).

Thing is though, while Im trying to learn this stuff, I'm putting a hint "active"; line at the end of all the scripts, just to check they are being called, this one though, I'm not even sure its being called as I'm not getting my hint on screen. If you get it working though...let us know. :)

So, yeah, to quote Fenrir... Any ideas?

EDIT: Got these 2 lines working, but not together going to try that now.

_heli = "AH1Z" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "spawn1");

_vehicle = "HMMWV_Armored" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "spawn1");

The first one is from the BI wiki, here

Edited by Bascule42
cause I learnt a new trick

Its all those "Esec1" that mess it up. Remove that and the script will work, it will spawn pretty dull vehicles though, since they're empty.

Bascule42, if you have any question about the workings of my script just ask, I'll forget this topic in a couple of days ;)

Its not a complicated thing, you really dont need to know what its doing as long as you can set a variable to false at the start of the mission and alter the script to react to that variable. The rest is done in the editor.

Edited by Murklor

If there's no enemy units on the board, you need to create a Center first or else enemy groups can't spawn.

However, in that Esec1 case, you could replace that entire script with a single Functions module and single line of code:

Esec1 = [getMarkerPos "Hostile zone 2", EAST, ["T90", "T90", "T90", "T90", "BMP3", "BMP3", "BTR90", "BTR90", "BTR90", "GAZ_Vodnik", "GAZ_Vodnik", "KamazReammo", "BRDM2_INS", "BTR90_HQ", "GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

Even spawns with full crews and everything. However since it's all spawning at the same location, you end up getting a pile of fail. :)

More info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74006

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

_heli = "AH1Z" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "spawn1");

That's the old Operation Flashpoint method of createVehicle, you can also use the createVehicle array in ArmA2:

_heli = createVehicle ["ah1z", (getMarkerPos "spawn1"), [], 0, "NONE"] 

createVehicle (array)

@Bascule42 My Bad!!! sorry.. typo error in west group script _unit= _squad1 should read _unit= squad1. corrected now.

Good point by kylania about needing to place a unit on the editor first. See: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createGroup

This thread has good stuff on group spawns + add waypoints and UPS and functions http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79874

If you want your chopper to fly try

helo1=CreateGroup WEST;
AH1= createvehicle ["AH1Z",[(getmarkerpos "Spawn") select 0,(getmarkerpos "Spawn") select 1,0], [],0,"FLY"];
Pilot1=helo1 createunit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", [0,0,1], [], 0, 	"CAN_COLLIDE"];
Pilot1 moveInDriver AH1;

basically means : _i starts at 0 add one to _i until _i is more than 11 or to put it another way... do this 12 times.

you may find this useful for more on loops http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33595.0 and this http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=390&game=ArmA

@Murklor Yes mate I agree totally Your script is much better than mine. Mine were just very basic stuff, real beginners scripts, spawn your first unit, create a simple group etc. I read the question and thought that maybe this was what Bascule42 was looking for.......then again maybe I just misunderstood ;) .

@Fenrir Your trying to create a load of different Vehicles, so your bringing in complexity, they will be all empty so you would need to create crews as well, more complexity. So these basic scripts become very cumbersome. Therefore you would need to use something like Murklor's script. But if you just want to spawn a tank use

GrpEast= Creategroup EAST;
_tank1="T90" createvehicle getmarkerpos "Hostile zone 2";

(By the way all.. I'm still taking the title of the thread as meaning Very Basic stuff, apologies if my answers are not what your looking for) kylania's tip about bis functions is well worth looking into for sure.

Edited by Padjur
added link for group spawns

basically means : _i starts at 0 add one to _i until _i is more than 11 or to put it another way... do this 11 times.

Wouldnt that be 12 times? :)

Gotta say guys...thanks for all your help with this. I am now spawning units, at (getMarkerPos lol) left right and center.

Just had a quick run through some of the examples above, and yes, am now getting units from all factions spawned into the game. Vehicles too. So..regarding the OP. Mission accomplished. What next, well, run through the above a few more times, and the links of course try to write a few from scratch based on what you guys have posted. Them I'll probably have more questions! :)

@Murklor: Its all good mate. As for any questions about your script, too complex, I wouldn't know what to ask atm, however I appreciate the working example mission you posted, and have been playing with it changing it around etc, and now I have a basic understanding of createUnit createGroup & createVehicle its there to look at for the next level.

@Kylania: Vital bit of info there; createSide made spawning an enemy squad on an otherwise empty map that bit easier :D !

@Padjur: ha haaaa! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread. Brilliant m8. As for typos...it just made me pour over the scipts a bit more, which when you're learning, isn't a bad thing, so no probs there!

Its all reasonably simple once you know, and its all well and good saying search, use the command reference page. But if you don't know what you're looking for its nigh on impossible. Again..cheers.

EDIT: Just noticed something re createCenter. Do we still need to use the setFriend command, and if so would the following work to get AI west & east units havning a go at each other:

WEST setFriend [EAST, 0];
EAST setFriend [WEST, 0];

//and would the first few lines of my init file look like this:

_SideHQ = createCenter EAST;
WEST setFriend [EAST, 0];
EAST setFriend [WEST, 0];

Edited by Bascule42

@Murklor: Its all good mate. As for any questions about your script, too complex, I wouldn't know what to ask atm, however I appreciate the working example mission you posted, and have been playing with it changing it around etc, and now I have a basic understanding of createUnit createGroup & createVehicle its there to look at for the next level.

Uhm, well the point with the scripts I gave you was that you dont need to understand createUnit, groups or vehicles or anything in that part of the script... It works as is on any infantry group and any single vehicle, no modificiations aside from the variable trigger. With the sample mission provided, not touching any script whatsoever, you can make entire Utes go to war in 3 different areas with 100+ units... in each area.

But whatever, if it helps you understand scripting better its all good ;)

@Fenrir Your trying to create a load of different Vehicles, so your bringing in complexity, they will be all empty so you would need to create crews as well, more complexity. So these basic scripts become very cumbersome. Therefore you would need to use something like Murklor's script.

Hehe yeah i tend to be over ambitious in anything thing i try, from this to making a house on Call of Duty :o I guess, if murk and Bac say that murk's script is easier than it looks.....thats good enough for me :) Gona have a look at that sample mission ^^

Edited by Fenrir

Hello.

My eyes and brain are fired from searchin through all the pages and hoping someone can help. not sure if what imn reading here will do what I want, or if what I want is even poossible..

Here is what I want to do.

I want a simple map, for me and my buddy to play on. We use CAA addons with OG arma maps. We want to have a "defend" mission and time to see how long we can last and have the threat od running out of ammo and such.

So simply I need to be able to SPAWN groups of insurgents, We would like regular, and weapons groups, to repeatedly spawn and attack our position. we want a ton. I made a map with mover 400 insurgents and it chugs the performance. So if the squad is destroyed it would be great id they disappeared as well.

Like I said..simple..spawn a groups of insurgents, regs and weapons groups, have them charge and attack our position, and have them disappear when they are destroyed.

Most everything I read seems like its more complex than im needing or im not fluent in the scripting language. I know how to put a script into my folder, and I usually copy N paste the esecute in the init.

Im not lazy...ive searched, and im posting to see if anyone would like to help me. I think what im trying to do is a little more simple than most of what i read in some posts.

Help is greatly appreciated.

If you search for "editor based AI spawn" on these forum you should find a thread with several version of my spawn script.

A situation like you describe can be set up in like 10 minutes, all you need is some knowledge of the editor and basic scripting.

However, it will not make bodies disappear upon death... An option I'd have to look into adding for the next version :)

Otherwise, there are plenty of examples on this forum for spawning units. What you want is really simple with the use of the BIS functions module (like one line to spawn a group, a couple of lines to order them to assault the position, a little loop to attach an event handler to remove dead bodies after a while, a line to wait until everyone is dead and remove the group, then just repeat).

ok sweet! thanks for the reply!

I searched and found your script here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84854&highlight=editor+based+spawn

looked at the mission and I noticed that the names of the groups "first third ETC" and the triggers are set or ONCE.

SO to use this like I want with enemys continuously spawning (with a delay of course) I could copy and past exactly what you have on the sample mission, put what you have in the units init lines in MY units lines, and make the trigger fields bigger right? Set them to repeatedly and put like 50 in each of the time boxxes for a delay?

Gee...this is a great way to do this without typing all the units out in fields ands such..I can just CREATE the units I want to respawn, and put your text in there, the script in the folder, and BAM..its done right?

If I put in the garbage collector will it clean up the bodys? dosent seem to do so..

Thanks sooo much

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

If you search for "editor based AI spawn" on these forum you should find a thread with several version of my spawn script.

A situation like you describe can be set up in like 10 minutes, all you need is some knowledge of the editor and basic scripting.

However, it will not make bodies disappear upon death... An option I'd have to look into adding for the next version :)

Otherwise, there are plenty of examples on this forum for spawning units. What you want is really simple with the use of the BIS functions module (like one line to spawn a group, a couple of lines to order them to assault the position, a little loop to attach an event handler to remove dead bodies after a while, a line to wait until everyone is dead and remove the group, then just repeat).

Played even more with it. I amazed sometimes at what you guys figure out. Makes me feel REAL dumb thinking how brilliant some are to figure this stuff out.AND to have the patience to help guys like me. THANKS again

I took your "first group" backpack trigger and set it to repeat, but the units did not repeat, then I noticed in some of the units you have "repeat" and "Once" in some, but I didnt notice the ones that have repeat..spawn again when I went to the backpack. what is the difference? If I were to Copy one of the triggers/units you made for my map which one would work to always respwan a group, say every 30 seconds or one minute?

And what you said above about..LOOP..event handler...Remove group...sounds GREAT...but im a salesman and carpenter guy..some of this, in my eyes is similar to tech used in getting satalites in orbit. Not that im dumb..I just dont know all the language I guess...and ..well..mabye Im a dumb ass I dunno ;)

your test map sure does make for a nice little skirmish...very cool

I took your "first group" backpack trigger and set it to repeat, but the units did not repeat, then I noticed in some of the units you have "repeat" and "Once" in some, but I didnt notice the ones that have repeat..spawn again when I went to the backpack. what is the difference? If I were to Copy one of the triggers/units you made for my map which one would work to always respwan a group, say every 30 seconds or one minute?

Ah, what you want is wave mode instead of repeated. Look at the M1A1 tanks or T90s, they spawn at intervals. Repeated only respawn when the unit has died.

The trigger used for once, repeated and wave should be ONCE only. Setting it to continuosly trigger wont actually do anything as these modes quit the script when the sequence is done. Reset will however work with triggering the trigger multiple times.

Ah, what you want is wave mode instead of repeated. Look at the M1A1 tanks or T90s, they spawn at intervals. Repeated only respawn when the unit has died.

The trigger used for once, repeated and wave should be ONCE only. Setting it to continuosly trigger wont actually do anything as these modes quit the script when the sequence is done. Reset will however work with triggering the trigger multiple times.

GOT IT! thanks soo much for your help!

And all those assume icky markers all over the map, manually generated waypoints (possibly even more markers) and fidgeting with the different troops cfgs, knowing their names and so on... Just saying. I think my script is better ;)

but it doesnt work with OA 1.55:j: