Sign in to follow this  
.kju

LandTex - Texture replacement for Chernarus

works great cheers mate!!

Edited by Painless

Thank you! I like it! I wish you to find new job very soon to keep make good things for ARMA2

Edited by Vipera

I just wanted to say thx for all ur comments, im very happy about it.

:)

Edited by Picolly

Cleaned up the thread further to get rid of the putrid ranting and replies.

Thanks zyco/Picolly it looks imho much better than default texture. :)

Maybe BIS devs take a look at it too? Bit strange if you see stones etc only as textures (like a glossy wallpaper on the ground).

After testing these textures, I'll just say this: This one is now on my list of "Must-Have" addons :D Damn good work!

Thanks zyco/Picolly it looks imho much better than default texture. :)

Maybe BIS devs take a look at it too? Bit strange if you see stones etc only as textures (like a glossy wallpaper on the ground).

...yes i think BIS take a look at it. ANd if u like it BIS, i need a Job. ;)

:bounce3:

So, I know this was already asked before, but I am a suspicious guy: This does not impact FPS or performance in any way? It just replaces BIS textures with custom ones of similar size that simply LOOK better?

Same size, just different pixels. Thats all.

Salah ad Din;1497829']So' date=' I know this was already asked before, but I am a suspicious guy: This does not impact FPS or performance in any way? It just replaces BIS textures with custom ones of similar size that simply LOOK better?[/quote']

No, no performance break down...

How can I use this mod on Podagorosk too? It has the same ground textures so i think it should be doable somehow.

How can I use this mod on Podagorosk too? It has the same ground textures so i think it should be doable somehow.

I don't think it does, at least one of the features here is custom ground textures. Also they don't look the same to me (at least I haven't noticed any ugly blotchiness).

Slight confusion there guys due to the way islands are constructed now (it was different with OFP)...

Theres basically TWO ground textures...

The Satellite Texture is the ground texture you see at distance - the hills and fields further than about 50m or so away... Thats essentially one Big Picture file - like something you'd see on Google Earth if you went high and captured a screenshot... Often 1 pixel = 1m, so for a 20kmx20km island its a 20480x20480 picture file.

Obviously - that texture HAS to be precisely the same size and shape as the island itself - so no swapping between islands possible!

This LandTex addon basically just replaces BIS's massive picture file of "Chernarus from above" with a same shaped - but differently coloured one - thats all... like Kju says - same size - just different pixels...

Thats why theres absolutely NO performance hit either - you loaded the default Big Picture into memory when you launched the game - then when the mod launches, all you do is replace one Big Picture with another - it overwrites in memory - you dont need both - so no extra memory used = no performance hit - only slight problem is increased loading time since you're essentially loading the same picture twice...

That's Satellite Texture...

The other ground texture(s) are what you see directly under your feet - they're (usually) meter or two square tiles and the engine generates them in a big circle around you (size of circle is partly what "terrain detail" does in Video Options)... You see these guys up close - so they're much higher res than the Satellite texture (eg: 1024x1024 per square meter).

Each type of "ground tile" may have an associated clutter - the grass and stuff...

Custom islands obviously HAVE to have a custom Satellite texture - they're specific to each terrain - like an aerial photo... they may or may not have custom ground textures (the tiles under your feet) - Podagorosk does I think.

Finally, since the associated grass and clutter layer can be customised for each type of ground tile - it usually is...

Hope that makes things a bit clearer...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I like this, downloading right away. :)

By judging the pictures and the fact that that everyone said there are no fps drops, i'll give this a try.Looks great.

Danke ;)

I love this mod. Afect the FPS but i love it

That's odd. If I understand correctly, it is a texture replacement. It shouldn't have a performance effect. Maybe the texture sizes are larger?

it doesn't affect fps at all, probably a placebo.