Sign in to follow this  
FlunkyMonkey

Hardware upgrade and overclock solved my mouselag

Just thought I would put this up, since I was among the frustrated masses that couldn't play this game

BEFORE:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ Brisbane 2.9 ghz

EVGA 9600gt

-Studdering

-Mouselag

-unplayable in towns and cities

-ctd

AFTER:

AMD Athlon x2 5600+ Brisbane and Artic cooler - overlcocked to 3.2 ghz

EVGA GTX 260 216

-40 fps in countryside

-30 fps in dense cities

I thought my hardware wasn't a problem, but I can play the game ok now. Not rubbing in anybodies faces, because I hate when people do that in this forum.

The way I see it now is either:

A) wait for the game to be better optimized if ever

B) Upgrade or overclock

Obviously this doesn't apply to the people with gtx 295 problems, but I think the enhancement pack fixed that.

And trust me, getting the game to work is only the beginning. then you need to learn how to play the buggy badly scripted pos'

It is definitely fun though :)

I hope people don't take this thread the wrong way

Good luck!

most trouble people have is not realizing that their system isn't capable. Putting settings too high and all.

I had this problem too. I mean I have a quad core clocked at 3.2 GHz, GTX260, 4gb dual channel ram. BUT it will never be playable unless i play on everything normal, shadows high, viewdistance 3000 and postprocess low. 3d resolution 100%.

And u know what it doesnt look half bad on these settings. Lag is gone, fps in the 50s. CTD are still there unfortunately, but that because its a beta version :p

yeah everyone should just hold up and wait for next year's hardware to come along. I feel sorry for people that have upgraded to a nividia GTX295's just to play this game when even the 9800's or the 8800' series of cards are capable of running this game fine on medium without many issues. This game is just future proofed(TOO Future proofed, for my liking) to hell and requires next years or the year after that hardware ro run on high graphics properly.