Sign in to follow this  
Richieb0y

NEW! Ati Drivers 9.8

go get them and report here

im downloading now:) hope its any good

and i got them from here its on the main page or just google them

www.techpowerup.com

Without much of a buzz except past leaks suggesting that the company would roll out a beta at this year's Quakecon, AMD released the ATI Catalyst 9.8 WHQL driver suite to readers of the company blog, before formally announcing it and adding it to the AMD Game portal. The package installs drivers for ATI Radeon graphics hardware, including its discrete and integrated graphics processors, AMD 7-series chipsets, and ATI Theater series multimedia products.

With lack of proper documentation (read: release notes) at hand, there are no specifics available about the driver, though one could expect the usual application/hardware/OS-specific enhancement, a possibly expanded supported products list with new SKUs in the Radeon HD 4700/4800 series that surfaced over the last month.

Edited by Richieb0y

i got them but its no good now so im defraging now i dint touch Arma2 a whole week :eek: but i installed much shit so a defrag is needed here then i can fully give my oppion:rolleyes:

Looking at the AMD/ATI website downloads, I don't see 9.8 drivers. All I see is 9.7 drivers released on 7/23/2009. That's strange.

oke i updated the first post so everone can read why its not yet on the Official site of amd/ati

Edited by Richieb0y

all Ati users should bombard Ati forums for support, let's do it.

lol im whit you but i know that we are getting baned for asking support there but mabye when we all go then they listen but i doubt it

Downloaded and installed.

First impressions:

- slightly better FPS

- in the capital city, far better texture loading (faster)

- after ca 20 min of gameplay in other parts of the country - no changes against 9.7, resp.1.03, textures still loading slow as hell. No problems with trees and bushes, but especially with buildings and civilians

Conclusion: makes no difference, the game still needs HEAVY polishing from BIS, i.e. 1.04 focued on PERFORMACE

Specs:

ATI 4850 1 GB VaporX

3GB Ram

WinXP 32bit

AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual 5200+

Looking at the AMD/ATI website downloads, I don't see 9.8 drivers. All I see is 9.7 drivers released on 7/23/2009. That's strange.

You won't untill next week as they're being exclusively released at Quakecon

The 9.8 driver gave me a little bit better FPS performance so far.

i can´t be there, looking for the final solution.. after 1.03 path i can feel a little improvement but the CTDs and the corruption textures not disappear.

i going to try with the 9.8 but i hope the same..

if don´t works (most sure) i am going to put the game in the box, and the box in a bigger box, and finally y a dark corner of my house... and who knows, maybe i check the paths 2 or 3 year ago, and try again...

but the most probably, is that i get the new flashpoint, i will pay the game knowing that i am going to play, not like BIS.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

sorry, is a off-topic but i am really :mad:

i can´t be there, looking for the final solution.. after 1.03 path i can feel a little improvement but the CTDs and the corruption textures not disappear.

if don´t works (most sure) i am going to put the game in the box, and the box in a bigger box, and finally y a dark corner of my house... and who knows, maybe i check the paths 2 or 3 year ago, and try again...

but the most probably, is that i get the new flashpoint, i will pay the game knowing that i am going to play, not like BIS.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel you there bro im in exactly the same position

and know that i would love the game if it actually

worked but ah well. Guess we have to see what patch 1.04 brings.

Everyone should bombard http://www.amd.com/us/CatalystCrewSurvey so that they would fix the non-working vsync controls.

done, thanks for bringing this up. There is a thread about arma2 in catalyst section, please go and complain, if you bump that post everyday then they may do something, we can't complain here assuming that they would hear us.

REALLY pisses me off that people just KNOW that OPFDR is going to be fault free !

Go and try it then ... oh yeah it's not released yet! I'm waiting for Arma3 .. oh yeah THAT's not released yet either !

IDIOT !

done, thanks for bringing this up. There is a thread about arma2 in catalyst section, please go and complain, if you bump that post everyday then they may do something, we can't complain here assuming that they would hear us.

Please provide a link to this thread at ati forums. I cant find it :(

just updated from 9.7 to that 9.8 driver and run the editor to fly about in big cities.

graphical artifacts still exist,generally the fps is about the same as before,and texture loading doesnt seem to be faster..or it does but barely noticeable. im still getting huge fps drop in cities as compared with above the woods

im a 4870 512mb user here,on winxp sp3 32bit.

I got some performance increase, 30-35 fps in Chernogorsk when before I usually had around 28. There's still shadow bugs and flickering.

REALLY pisses me off that people just KNOW that OPFDR is going to be fault free !

Go and try it then ... oh yeah it's not released yet! I'm waiting for Arma3 .. oh yeah THAT's not released yet either !

IDIOT !

yes probably i am a idiot like you, for pay money for a pre-pre-pre-prebeta

respect the opinions, if you can play the game congratulations... i can´t, and my money is so good like yours...

regards

Then don't come into a BIS forum talking crap about how good OPFDR is GOING to be!

I know that the game was released a little too early, but I KNOW that the BIS team will fix it. The game is GOOD at the moment, and will be GODLIKE when they patch it. If you can't live with that ...close the door on your way out.

Then don't come into a BIS forum talking crap about how good OPFDR is GOING to be!

I know that the game was released a little too early, but I KNOW that the BIS team will fix it. The game is GOOD at the moment, and will be GODLIKE when they patch it. If you can't live with that ...close the door on your way out.

:p

where i put how good is operation fp?? i only want to play a game when i pay money for it... can you understand this?

maybe you want to say how good will be an operation in your brain...

:eek::eek::eek:

:D

Thanks for the links. But here comes the BUT, the guys at this thread do have heat problems with their cards. Artifacts are normal when having heat problems. The artifacts people with ATI cards get at Arma 2 seem not to be heat related.