Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

What rigs do BIS use for their testing?

With all the questions around whether a PC is fit for ARMA 2, it would be useful to know what BIS are testing this game on and what the optimal settings are.

It seems even those with 920 i7s, 6GB RAM, 1GB graphics cards are still not getting FPS greater than 30-40? Yet the optimal specification stated by BIS is below this.

Are they using Vista 64? XP 32? RAM? Graphics cards? Do they have any performance data from their testing?

It would be extremely useful if BIS published a performance baseline to set people's expectation. Everyone is coming on here asking about what is supported, it would be easier for BIS to publish a couple of their PC specs with expected performance.

It seems even those with 920 i7s, 6GB RAM, 1GB graphics cards are still not getting FPS greater than 30-40? Yet the optimal specification stated by BIS is below this.

Are you kidding? Page 55 shows some tests i7 tests by me and another guy.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73610&page=55

In normal gameplay on mostly very high settings I can walk around with 50-100+fps in most situations with grass off. With grass on it's a little worse but not too bad.

The key for me was Windows 7 over Vista. With Vista I had horrible performance.

All that said however, I do think that they made a big mistake on the minimum requirements for this game.

Edited by ICE-Raver