Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project WIP

Sweet! Some welcome heavy armor creeping down the planning-pipeline. :) I have to say' date=' the amazing thing about the written Order Of Combat thingy is, that it's pretty much accurately portraying the financial situation of a nation which Nogova is. I mean, it doesn't have oil-rigs to see the money coming, and it's not that much of a tourism-magnet either.

[/quote']

Well its not just Nogova as a nation its the Nogova Republic which is Nogova, Everon and Malden :). Although there is no mention of Oil-Rigs there could be now, or even gas out in the ocean.

Edited by R0adki11

Any pics of the T55, also will there be a crewman made for this too? Reskin of a CDF tanker?

Any pics of the T55, also will there be a crewman made for this too? Reskin of a CDF tanker?

no pictures or status, i may do a proper tank crew model. Ive stopped work on some of my arma2 projects as ive just got a job promotion so currently making a transition to my new role.

I plan to try and release the following:

T55, Bmp1, Bmp2 Shilka, also will include a T72 to show that Nogova is upgrading its armoured units. CH47 or Mi8 - going with the CH47 as it can lift more. Also want to add an An-2 and C130.

Then i will be happy that the Nogovan Armed Forces are at a reasonable finished state.

Yeah, congratulations on the promo, and we'll see the stuff somewhere whenever it's finished. :)

I hope you'll get paid well, and now have become able to make monthly ends meet all the easier, whilst still giving you space to breath properly without the belt buckled too tight around the belly so to speak.

Thanks for all the stuff up till now, and good luck with the assignment, and continuation of the addonworks to come, regardless of whenever that may be. :)

Yeah' date=' congratulations on the promo, and we'll see the stuff somewhere whenever it's finished. :)

I hope you'll get paid well, and now have become able to make monthly ends meet all the easier, whilst still giving you space to breath properly without the belt buckled too tight around the belly so to speak.

Thanks for all the stuff up till now, and good luck with the assignment, and continuation of the addonworks to come, regardless of whenever that may be. :)[/quote']

Im on a much better salary now, though not finding the time as i use to do Arma2 modelling, i still want to get some armoured units and a heavy transport chopper released, but its just the time factor at the moment which i don't really have. :(

What matters is that you still have time to enjoy a beer, or happily biting through a tasty snack. What matters is that you can pay the rent, and stay out of personally created debts, or are able to pay off those bit by bit.

What matters is that you enjoy life, on the smallest of things, whilst being under pressure, for that's the most effective way to make something out of a draggy lifestile.

It does not matter for me that you have no time to do some addon-making; I can wait.

Real life always comes first, and your health and happiness and ofcourse rest and relief comes first. Only afterwards at the very last place on the list comes a procedure which they call addonmaking.

Stay well, and thanks for the reply R0adki11

Does anyone else have issues with soldiers still equiped with Czech magazines. Also any news on the project?

Does anyone else have issues with soldiers still equiped with Czech magazines. Also any news on the project?

Regarding the Czech magazines, all i can say is to check you have the latest version of the addon? but if you could specify which infantry addon you are referring to and the unit you were using i look further.

But to my knowledge, i've checked the config and i removed anything Czech and created my own load outs.

Thank you for your interest, with regards to the project its kind of on hold. Though tonight ive just put together a quick reskin pack of a t72 and Bmp2, ive got a Bmp1 to add and a T55 and i think it will be ready for release. Though been looking at a leopard 2a4 as a possible addition. :)

Edited by R0adki11

Tanks alot :)

T55-AM2

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/t55-am2.jpg

T55

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/t55.jpg

Thanks to rygugu for giving me permission and the MLODS to use these excellent addons as part of my upcoming armour pack, which will include much needed armour support for my Nogovan Units. Im also planning on creating an T55-AGM if time permits.

I hope the improved T-55AM2 and perhaps -- if it's going to be included -- the T-55-AGM aswell give their crew more time to bail-out and dash off to safety (atleast for human controlled crew.) before a badly hit T-55 is going to explode..

There are many tank-snacking monsters lurking out there: T-64/72/80/90 and M1Ax, Challenger 1/2, Leopard 1/2, Leclerc. And so forth..!

One has to be good at Conceal-Reveal, Hit-Fight-Flight tactics! Luckily Nogova has pretty much forest area scattered about! Anyways: Nice work yet again R0adki11 and Rygugu! :)

Edited by Thani '82

I hope the improved T-55AM2 and perhaps -- if it's going to be included -- the T-55-AGM aswell give their crew more time to bail-out and dash off to safety (atleast for human controlled crew.) before a badly hit T-55 is going to explode..

There are many tank-snacking monsters lurking out there: T-64/72/80/90 and M1Ax' date=' Challenger 1/2, Leopard 1/2, Leclerc. And so forth..!

One has to be good at Conceal-Reveal, Hit-Fight-Flight tactics! Luckily Nogova has pretty much forest area scattered about! Anyways: Nice work yet again R0adki11 and Rygugu! :)[/quote']

I can understand your concerns regarding the T55 facing other tanks, the T55 tanks are mainly for defence of islands not for been deployed overseas, see my history extract.

The Nogovan Light Horse endorses fast aggressive tactics to quickly disrupt airborne or amphibuous invasions before initial assault forces are able to establish a firm bridgehead. Its reliance on brute force contrasts with the more fluid tactics of the rest of the army.

Though with the purchase of the T55-AGM upgrade Kit this could swing the balance.

Im looking at creating the following versions:

T55-N - "Bear" Standard T55

T55AM2-N "Fox" - standard AM2 upgrade - new 105 gun

T55AM2-"Victor" - AM2 version with new fire control, 125 mm 2A46M smoothbore gun taken from a T72.

T55-AGM - Upgrade kit to bring the T55 upto T80 standard - limited number of versions due to cost.

N - denotes nogovan version, this means Nogovan camo - pkm replaced with Fn-Mag.

I also intend to create desert versions for overseas operations.

Edited by R0adki11

Ofcourse it all depends on individual taste of potential mission-makers. But if you say a T-55 to be T-80'ish, does that mean it's going to be a T-55 with Sabot or whatever Soviet/Russian variant of such munition is called?

I mean, it takes quite a while, before a standard T-55 has a kill on another tank with High-Explosive munition.. And you say the tanks are going to be used mainly for defence, even if that may include an pre-emptive attack in the first stages of foreign invasion and such.. How am I going to correctly interpret such information?

Am I correct at this given info, to think about various strongpoints or even static phase-lines (drawn on a map.) to be held? (once point A falls, defend point B, etc.)

But ofcourse, and yet again: Nice to see various versions to come about, whenever they are ready. :) For some reason, statically dug-in T-55's in the desert remind me of the Gulf War slaughter-fest on behalf of the Coalition. But that was also due to poorly trained troops, and insufficient munitions being used... I hope Nogovans fare alot better with those tanks.

Ofcourse it all depends on individual taste of potential mission-makers. But if you say a T-55 to be T-80'ish' date=' does that mean it's going to be a T-55 with Sabot or whatever Soviet/Russian variant of such munition is called?[/quote']

For further information, probably best to read over the T55-AGM upgrade package : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-55AGM Advantages are either the choice of NATO or Russian Ammo.

So essentially the upgrades applied to the T55 may bring them upto NATO standard, so NATO ammunition could be used.

Version Updates:

i plan now to have the following:

T55-N - Standard T55

T55AM "Merida" - Polish Upgrade developed 1970s and early 1980

T55AM2-"Bear" - Merida version upgraded with a new cannon, 125 mm (L80) smoothbore main gun

T-55AM2BN - "Victor" Merida version upgraded with a new cannon, 120 mm smoothbore gun (NATO) or 125 mm (L80) smoothbore main gun - Explosive reactive armour (ERA) protection, fire suppression system, ability fire wire guided AT

Victor version is Named after the legendary leader Victor Troska

- the idea is that these upgrades could be applied locally to their existing T55 units, using gear and equipment bought or taken off captured kit left by the soviets in the 1980s.

Edited by R0adki11

Nice job on the Mig 23 & 27 :P

Thanks, they just need Nogovan colour schemes creating, the Soviet/Russian Schemes are done.

Yes indeed nice job on the MIGs! but erhhhhhhh, is there any chance of seeing the MIG 21 in a few cold war era skins too? maybe as a sideproject? that would be ubernice.

Oh and, did you have a closer look at vilas' P85? Nogova is included as a faction in there too, maybe you could do a P85 version of some of your addons? like the huey and the MIGs? just a thought.

and thanks for your continious hard work on creating these lovely addons!

Yes indeed nice job on the MIGs! but erhhhhhhh, is there any chance of seeing the MIG 21 in a few cold war era skins too? maybe as a sideproject? that would be ubernice.

Oh and, did you have a closer look at vilas' P85? Nogova is included as a faction in there too, maybe you could do a P85 version of some of your addons? like the huey and the MIGs? just a thought.

and thanks for your continious hard work on creating these lovely addons!

Thanks for the comments, I will release the mig21 in a Russian and soviet skin, I will do this for my mig23 and mig27 also. I've seen vilas P85 work and have permission for using the MTLB, T55 and T62 from him, these will feature in a future armour pack.

Also I intend to add a recon vehicle, and 3 new helicopters to the NAF.

Edited by R0adki11

Nogovan Highland Rangers:

nogovan_rangers.jpg

Rangers will come in Desert and Nogovan Oak and a variety of load outs, using Standard Issue arms of the Nogovan Forces and some more exotic weaponry.

Updates to come soon.

- to add an Mi8 version with Rockets, also to include a Medivac Version.

- release, Nogovan Highland Rangers

- release new weapon pack for all Nogovan addons, this weapon pack will be used for all my Nogovan Units, replacing the requirement for Vilas's West Weapon pack. The pack will include a number of G3 Versions.

- C130 to release for Nogovan Units

- An-2 to release

- T55 Pack, currently under final testing phase

- L-39ZA for pilot training

- Military Police

- Artillery Units

On a side note i hope to have some of these released soon, but im currently addicted to MineCraft

Edited by R0adki11

Updates

Home to release tomorrow the following new addons:

T55 Pack - featuring:

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/T55-Line-Up1.jpg

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/T55AMV.jpg

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/T55AM.jpg

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/T55.jpg

Updated Paratroopers, updated Light Infantry, updated backpacks addon, updated crew pack as ive removed the requirement for Vilas's West Weapon Pack and created my own rifle pack :)

Edited by R0adki11

Is it just me or is the aspect ratio of all pictures messed up?