Thread: An issue with minimizing ArmA 2

Question An issue with minimizing ArmA 2

Hello there gents (and ladies too if there are),
    I am willing to create missions in the ArmA 2 editor, but apparently when I press alt+tab in order to minimze a window, it does focus on the desktop and everything else, but visually I see the last image that the editor had making it virtually impossible to read editing material while ArmA 2 is running.
    I have GeForce GTX 260.

If any of you guys happen to have that issue too and/or you have any clue on how to solve it - I'd love to see some feedback.

EDIT: I am sorry, I guess this thread belongs to the troubleshooting section - I am new to this forum so bare with me.
    Last edited by AvihooI; Aug 13 2009 at 21:23.

I havent seen that but you could try ALT+ENTER. That is the fullscreen command for other apps. I am at work and cannot try it.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Nope, alt+enter has no effect.

I run arma in windowed mode when I'm map making, solves that problem for me. Command line -windowed
    Visit {USI} at {USI} home

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    strangely enough... that seems to work.
    tho it doesn't look like windowed mode... I mean it's not in a window with a top bar and it covers the entire screen - is that how it's supposed to be?

EDIT: it's not -windowed, it's -window.
    but thanks.
    Last edited by AvihooI; Aug 14 2009 at 02:02.

Quote Originally Posted by AvihooI View Post
    strangely enough... that seems to work.
    tho it doesn't look like windowed mode... I mean it's not in a window with a top bar and it covers the entire screen - is that how it's supposed to be?

EDIT: it's not -windowed, it's -window.
    but thanks.
    oops, yes -window, I use arma2 launcher to start it in window mode. On my screen I can BARELY see the top blue bar, and on the bottom I can see my quicklaunch bar and start button. I have always had trouble doing alt-tab until I started using window mode.