Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

One thing I would very much like to see in arrowhead is a change in the model of the magazine you have equipped on your gun. for example, in ArmA 2, if I had an MG36, it would by default give me a 100 round CMAG, and show that model on the gun, as having a CMAG, but when I equip a 30 round magazine, it stays as a CMAG model, if this is possible to change, it would be a great small addition to the game, It would almost add a feeling of customization.

I remember asking for this aaaages ago in the original ArmA times, namely that magazines be represented by proxies upon weapons rather than being part of the weapon model proper. I might open a ticket for it.

I remember asking for this aaaages ago in the original ArmA times, namely that magazines be represented by proxies upon weapons rather than being part of the weapon model proper. I might open a ticket for it.

Yes, please do so. This is also something I was expecting in ArmA and then ArmA 2. It's the next logical step since we got a seperate CfgMagazines and improved use of proxies & animations on weapons. I mean CfgMagazines already has a model token, it should be proxied into the weapon model.

Another step in the same direction would be itroducing a new weapon/magazine interface class. Right now, you have to explicitly define which magazines a weapon can use. A better system would allow you to define an interface which instead determines which weapons are compatable with which magazines. Ex: you have weapon class M16 and magazine 30Rnd_556x45_STANAG. You define CfgMagazineInterface class M16Interface (or call it whatever you want), and define in both M16 and 30Rnd_556x45_STANAG: magazineInterface = "M16Interface". Then addon makers could make additional M16 magazine classes without having to modify the M16 weapon class to make them compatable. Put in a ticket for this too.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

One thing I would very much like to see in arrowhead is a change in the model of the magazine you have equipped on your gun. for example, in ArmA 2, if I had an MG36, it would by default give me a 100 round CMAG, and show that model on the gun, as having a CMAG, but when I equip a 30 round magazine, it stays as a CMAG model, if this is possible to change, it would be a great small addition to the game, It would almost add a feeling of customization.

Really? I thought this was already in the game. I better go back and check. Yes, this would be a great addon. The inventory shows you're equipped with a 30-round STANAG, but the in-game model shows a double-capacity mag. ;)

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead is gold and this Thursday will be a video about another faction.

Source - games.tiscali.cz

The British, perhaps? We've already seen enough of the other factions. :D

Please let it be the Brits... ;)

Honestly that would be just the best possible icing on the cake, of course those pics that were on armaholic would be something of a strong hint in that direction, but I guess nothing is certain.

I barely can't wait to play OA, in my original plans i should have had summer vaction right now but i moved it to the 28th this month :p

Funny that! I've been hoarding my annual leave to mysteriously take a few days off around the 29th of this month. ;)

PLZ be the brits

PLZ be the brits

PLZ be the brits

If its the brits il buy 10 copies

Well maybe not because that would be stupid but i would KILL for a british fraction, since we must be one of largest buyers of this game (possibly :p)

But i supose it would be UNFAIR to the other guys as, CLEARLY the british army is the BEST in the world, and would be invincible to beat ingame.

(Bracing for impact, flame storm in 5 . . 4 . . 3 . .)

I hope its the Brits or Germans, but i think it will be the Takistan Army...

we need to know more about the main OPFOR, so yeah i really do hope it is the taks or the takiban. or both!

I hope its the Brits or Germans, but i think it will be the Takistan Army...

Most likely . They are prob talking about OPFOR ( taki army and militia ) .

Oh I cant wait to hear the music they chose for the video .

Hi. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before, but I don't intend to read all these 501 pages in this thread, so, one short question: Will be the OA campaign playable in the coop mode as the original a2 campaign was? thx :)

That is all assuming come Thursday, there is a video. My guess is it won't show up until Friday at the earliest. It just wouldn't be any fun if BIS actually delivered on time. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Hi. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned before, but I don't intend to read all these 501 pages in this thread, so, one short question: Will be the OA campaign playable in the coop mode as the original a2 campaign was? thx :)

You could have checked the FAQ on the wiki, or one of the many interview/preview articles on OA which a quick Google search would have brought up. I've seen it mentioned so many times...

PLZ be the brits

PLZ be the brits

PLZ be the brits

If its the brits il buy 10 copies

Well maybe not because that would be stupid but i would KILL for a british fraction, since we must be one of largest buyers of this game (possibly :p)

Well the 10 copies would be better, I doubt they let you play OA in jail. So 10 copies if the Brits are in you say... We want to see proof or purchase of course, else ban. :p

Well the 10 copies would be better, I doubt they let you play OA in jail. So 10 copies if the Brits are in you say... We want to see proof or purchase of course, else ban. :p

Moderator out of control indeed :D

Two? What kind of two headed, four armed freak are you? :D

hmmm, haven't preordered 2 copies from sprocket (yet), but oft i got on release day, and got red hammer, resistance and goty edition.

Arma i bought a checz copy first ( don't speek that language), then an english one, and just one copy of queens gambit.

Arma2 was bought on german release ( doesn't understand that language either) and later, the english version ;)

It's an easy way to support a greate developer.

btw, can someone plz make the next 2 weeks be done with tonight? :yay:

btw, can someone plz make the next 2 weeks be done with tonight? :yay:

I demo would certaintly help on it :D

Seems like the UK amazon preorder is available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003QCJY9M/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And finally Play.com @ £16.99!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15502389/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead/Product.html

EDIT - oops... just seen that this has been posted on another thread too.:o

Edited by RKSL-Rock

LOL OK if i brought 10 copies and showed you proof of purchess, would you get me a UK fraction!!!!! :D:D

Imagine if W0lle says yes..

Imagine if W0lle says yes..

In that case . . . .

Donations from other people who want UK unit welcome

so far 160 squid needed lol