Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I can't confirm the Brits because I also don't have OA yet. So all we can do is sit and wait.

However the terrain shown in these screenshots looks like Takistan, and we already have UN, Czech and German units in. So why not a few Brits too. :)

I may get stoned for this but if i were BIS i would offer some Army pack DLCs featuring Brits, Germans, French etc.

I mean if we really get the Brits also this thing will be pretty whopping for just a addon.

Well thats BIS, they make mistakes that make the community grumpy at times but they also give so much back to us :)

I can't confirm the Brits because I also don't have OA yet. So all we can do is sit and wait.

However the terrain shown in these screenshots looks like Takistan, and we already have UN, Czech and German units in. So why not a few Brits too. :)

Not even for . . . . . 15 COPIES??

I do hope so

I love the SA80

Anyone know if OA gives any love to the fifty call?? Such as round "woosh" sound and sights etc

Well the 10 copies would be better, I doubt they let you play OA in jail. So 10 copies if the Brits are in you say... Show me your papers. :p

Gestapo much?

:p

Please release Demo BIS before release!

Seems like the UK amazon preorder is available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003QCJY9M/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And finally Play.com @ £16.99!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15502389/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead/Product.html

EDIT - oops... just seen that this has been posted on another thread too.:o

£16.99 ? holy crap, i feel bad that i'll be paying so little...

Gestapo much?

LOL , nein :D

Demo is not ready yet and will be after full game release

£16.99 ? holy crap, i feel bad that i'll be paying so little...

Yeah i was worryed at that, i know its an expansion, but so much work has gone into it and theres so much new content, it supases the efforts of many mainstrean games.

I hope i doesnt mean its half finished so they decided to release it cheaper :eek:

I doubt it but it almost seems too good to be true.

What makes you say that, this game is wayyy toooo big for everything to be covered by a few DLCs

Not really...

Free Roam DLC Allows you to travel Utes and Takistan without running into magical barriers you can also use some of the vehicles that came with the game. Whoa

DLC Numero 2: Makes credits MOAR awesomesause with a slight hint of BSOD on your next visit you wank!

Sarcasm for the slow ones on here.

and

Nice....

I think that amount of content would leave me satisfied and "wanting more". :rolleyes:

FUFUFFUFUFUFUFUFU

those pics of the brit units look very much like those of PR mod so maybe the dlc is from them?just a thought , they were around and just dropped off the map! :803:

Please explain why people want a new army so bad.I thought a new army can be modded in.Afterall Brits look similar to American etc.Am I missing something here?

Please explain why people want a new army so bad.I thought a new army can be modded in.Afterall Brits look similar to American etc.Am I missing something here?

More stuff?

:rolleyes: WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT A NEW ARMY??? the more the merrier.. plus we get their weapons..

(In the where/how to buy thread)

It will be interesting to see what effect this will have on the MP server browser.

I'm imagining that those who own OA who want to revisit Chernarus will be most likely to do so using the OA.exe.

Presumably that will mean that those who do not buy OA will not be able to play on Chernarus-based servers alongside the OA/Chernarus players?

Let's hope that people give their servers sensible and clear names! - Unless Bis have revamped the server browser?

It will probably have it's own gamespy name (report to gamespy as a different game)

It would be a very fair thing to do for BIS to announce once and for all wether Operation Arrowhead will have pay-DLC (aka microtransactions) or not.

How do I know the cheaper initial price isn't just a Foot-in-the-Door tactic to keep extracting more money from me by practically cripling the online play every few months with pay-DLC.

The "cheaper initial price" is because it's an Expansion and not a full price title! And now please stop the whining and speculations about paid DLC.

It would be a very fair thing if people like you would stop confusing others with their wild speculations. And after all, even there would be paid DLC which I doubt, no one is forcing you to buy it.

I miss that 30th FAQ... Then we would have concrete discussions.

Or more speculation.

All discussion about (possible) paid DLC and the "oh so bad" QG expansion removed.

Stick to the topic now please.

Question, questions questions!

* Is there a benefit to purchasing "Combined Operations" vs. the expansion pack alone (for those of us with ArmA2 already)? Or will the final installation look identical between the two?

* Also, I'm a little curious about ArmA1 now too. That has Sahrani in it correct? Has anyone done a total conversion to run it in ArmA2? If so that may be worth purchasing as well, maybe even a Megapack that combines it all.

* If the ArmA1 campaign & missions have been converted to work in ArmA2 will it also work in ArmA2:OA?

* Why isn't Combined Operations available from Sprocket?

* If either game is ordered from Amazon and we select next-day air, will we get it on launch day, or does Amazon still take a long time to get new stuff?

Cheers :)

Question, questions questions!

* Is there a benefit to purchasing "Combined Operations" vs. the expansion pack alone (for those of us with ArmA2 already)? Or will the final installation look identical between the two?

Yes, you don't have to install ArmA2. :)

* Also, I'm a little curious about ArmA1 now too. That has Sahrani in it correct? Has anyone done a total conversion to run it in ArmA2? If so that may be worth purchasing as well, maybe even a Megapack that combines it all.

The CAA1 Mod allows you to run Sahrani, Rahmadi and Porto in ArmA2.

There won't be an official conversion from BI.

* If the ArmA1 campaign & missions have been converted to work in ArmA2 will it also work in ArmA2:OA?

I think someone converted the campaign for CAA1.

* Why isn't Combined Operations available from Sprocket?

No idea. Ask Sprocket. ;)

* If either game is ordered from Amazon and we select next-day air, will we get it on launch day, or does Amazon still take a long time to get new stuff?

Really I don't see why this question is asked here. This is the official BI forum and not the Amazon one.

Right, while you're here answering questions, can you please tell me if there going to be any improvements with saving COOP missions in OA? Can we save at any point we want when playing the campaign in COOP mode? Will playing COOP saves be smoother and bug free?

Another question:

Can the main campaign mode be done in online coop? if so, how many players?

Latest info: Yes. Four players.

cheers pal. Need to try and persuade my mate to get this or maybe even buy him a copy :)

The more important issue we need to know is if COOP actually WORKS like it's supposed to. COOP is one of if not THE coolest aspect of ARMA2. Having your COOP progression not able to save makes playing the campaign in COOP mode pointless.