Does anybody still play Operation Flashpoint?

Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?

• Yes! I will never uninstall it!
    • No! I removed that game as soon as Arma came out!
    • Operation Flashpoint is for n00bs. I'm gonna stick to call of duty!

My best friend 10 years ago bought russian OFP CWC, just because of CD cover ;D. He loved it, showed it for me, I loved it nad another good firend of our's loved it. We were kids playing OFP, not understanding russian but somehow got used to menu hud etc... He also bought resistance later.

He lent me his CD, I installed it. Later I bought GOTY. Spent my childhood playing FLASHPOINT. It is so atmopheric, music, NATO and CCCP(USSR), cold war, dark forests, war feeling, hiding in bushes forests, running from fire, BMP's T-72/80, being scared of chacing soviets... We 3 friends gathered together played campaign countless times made missions with our placing units next to each other skills :D.

ArmA Armed Assault 1 was kind of crappy for me.

ARMA 2 lacks that atmosphere, it's just fun.

Just because of reading some threads here, I no longer want to play on Combined Ops MP tonight :D. Better complete Resistance hard mission I saved last time.

BTW: Strangely my best friend got me into my only 2 all time favorite games: Operation Flashpoint/ArmA: Cold War Assault or ArmA 0 and Severance: Blade of Darkness.

Not advertising, its another 10 year old game action adventure fantasy developed by spanish Rebel Act Studios and published by damm Codemasters. Higly modable. Best sword fighting system to this date, also very atmospheric. Catacombs, fortresses, ancient/medieval feeling, traps, music, tons of weapons, tons of combos, best fight system ever. Game has multiple names in europe and USA. Company went bankrupt after release due to piracy. Great potential for sequal was lost forever.

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

MODS EXAMPLE:

Sorry had to let it out. It's nostalgia for these games.

Probably you wont find english version of unused game to buy anywhere. Though you could probably download it. PM me for more info like mods and stuff.

This is not advertising, the company is dead, there are few copies of the game for sale. Though fan and modders are still active.

PS: Will we feel anything simiral about ArmA 2 after 10 years, what we feel about OFP?

Edited by R20+

I have Arma 2 but somehow I do prefer OFP. In Jan 2012 I decided to uninstall Arma 2, besides I have other games to play.

OFP remains on my disk :yay: and at least every month I have good session with.

Edited by Sudayev

Check this out... http://steamcharts.com/app/65790

You can see how many people play ARMACWC on Steam...

Groovy... pretty interesting to know. I'm one of the non-steam people, I guess a lot of players still play the non-steam versions, so you could probably double that number for a quick approximation.

I got my OFP in 2002, spent many hours online until 2006, then I made a pause for a couple of years but never really finished mission editing. For long times I tought playing those missions together with other human players won't happen because more and more servers went down (our clan-server too) and the number of players also. But improving coop missions with new features kept beeing a 'standalone' hobby for me.

In 2012 some buddys made me aware of the possibility of hosting lan-games via the internet, using a software named 'tunngle'. It gave us independence from dedicated servers and a direct and uncomplicated access aswell on playing selfmade missions using all kinds of addons. For us it gave the whole OFP-thing a new push and in 2013 we constantly play coop missions via tunngle.

Maybe, if there is still some interest, I'll relase them one day as a package.

Thats the story so far. I never really was into Arma I or Arma II, because it soonly made an impression to me, that times have changed and that the new community and it's players weren't as long-lasting and committed as the old OFP-community. On the other side I haven't got as much time as in the good old times myself. So switching to a new game like Arma III, I don't know if it's worth it... So many games passed and got forgotten since OFP released in 2001.

Got Arma 3 now, I think its the closest to good oll OFP.

But still a lot of annoying stuff.

OFP with Arma III graphics, thats what it should be. ;)

I bought a cheap original Xbox and OFPE in 2008 just to play this one game. It's the greatest game ever made, so many video games these days are all just marketing hype and fancy graphics, with no real substance. The developers of this games are obviously motivated by producing quality game play, freedom of playability and attention to detail. When I finally got a graphics card for my computer at the start of 2013, I bought 5 copies (real cheap) for my friends and family. Don't get me wrong, I want to move forward but I've heard nothing but negativity about ARMA II. I played ARMA and thought it was pretty good. I might buy ARMA I or ARMA III as soon as I've finished building my Desert Storm Campaign.

well me and some old friends were just talking about how we mis thoughs days ... so im starting up a server soon linux with resistance 1.96 with all of KaRR's missions including RTS3 1.52 , i played on that server for years... anyways hope to use ofp watch (the maker also was a member of KaRR's)

oh yeah i know this thed is old i just fugured to say somthing....

I've been playing it for several years and have fidgeted countless hours with the mission editor, scripting and addons before abandoning it after I got my new computer.

I recently reinstalled the GOTY edition so if anyone is thinking of playing a Coop game then definitely count me in. I always wanted to experience OFP online with pro players. So far I've only played SP and LAN with one other friend. PM me

Yep, with all my heart!

I can never have enough of this game. It's just as fun to edit and make missions as it is to play.

Thank goodness for the modders community!

3 hours ago, shifty-afc said:

Try Reforger ppl, its OFP all over again with better gfx

Well, not quite... yet, maybe. There was this thing called campaign which was the heart of CWA, one could even argue that was the game, and I'm not sure that will ever be a thing in Reforger. It does look great though and the tools seem dope so far.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:22 PM, shifty-afc said:

Try Reforger ppl, its OFP all over again with better gfx

maybe you need to visit the ophthalmologist

Having Reforger at home, even before BI did theirs, Reforger mod for OFP/CWA. Feel free to create a campaign and remember: counterfeit software is not worth purchasing

On 11/30/2013 at 1:58 AM, sudayev said:

Check this out... http://steamcharts.com/app/65790

You can see how many people play ARMACWC on Steam...

Sadly, these Steam stats are wrong because there's also many people playing via custom .exe files because BIS never bothered fixing the official server browser since GameSpy shutdown in 2014 or so.

• Thanks 1