Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

Quote Originally Posted by colonel stagler View Post
    Wiper, is there gonner be a Cipher Takistan?
    Pretty pretty please? That would fantastic!

This would be really fantastic
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don┬┤t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

Author of the Thread
    Hi folks,

sorry for my big time of absence here.
    Real live things are stacking up heavily these days and I'm practically out of PC gaming completely for the time beeing.

This, however, might change again within the next months or so but I cant promise or even estimate how things develop atm.

As for Takistan I'd be interested too how Cipher can be adopted for it, not to mention how the new game and features play out.
    Given the 3-6 months developing+testing+polishing phase of Cipher on the other hand shouldn't let us be too optimistic for a new incarnation of the mission for the new game/addon too.

Beeing an old BIS game hardcorer I definitly will get the addon as soon as its available, thats for sure, so lets keep fingers crossed. As soon as I'll get certain RL things sorted and regain some room for mission design eventually, the chances for a new Cipher style mission should rise considerably.

Have fun & good luck

- Wiper
    Last edited by Wiper; Jun 2 2010 at 14:25.
    "The simplest is always the best"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Wiper: you keep rocking, our team occassionally plays Cipher, too bad we can't convert it to other custom islands.
    IceBreakr, C/O [SBP] - Slovenian Black Panthers (www.vojak.si)

Don't book a trip to Altis. There are no women living there at all! #Arma3Tips

Almost every time my brother comes over to my place, we enjoy playing cipher all the day long. I also found some time to figure out how to add more weapons to the briefing, because I just love RH's weapon packs and can't live without them

I'd like to see some option in the mission settings regarding the number of hostile forces, like number of armored units, choppers, patrols etc...Maybe an idea for the takistan version of cipher

I'm checking this thread almost every day since I first played cipher, if there's any new version of the mission...because it just rocks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBreakr View Post
    Wiper: you keep rocking, our team occassionally plays Cipher, too bad we can't convert it to other custom islands.

That would be heaven.

Indeed!!!

cipher: valleys of the takiban

hi there,

i'm currently working on converting cipher for arma2: oa. i call it "cipher: valleys of the takiban". it works pretty well so far, but lots of work ahead. i think cipher is one of the best scripted user-made-content i've ever seen on any game. awesome skills, herr wiper!
    at the moment i'm waiting for wiper's permission to make it public, but he seems very busy with "real life" right now. i had some contact with him months ago, because i made an unofficial ace2-version of cipher (focus on playing with all the toys, HUNTIR etc.), but stopped working on it, because everytime ace2 updates, some weapons are changed, producing script errors and i didn't found out how to implement the magicbox. i hope the ace-team will catch up to OA soon, maybe i'll try again.

featurelist cipher:v.o.t.t. 0.1a:

- main-mission still the same
    - general is a taki-warlord
    - civillians are takis
    - enemies are taki-militia, partially disguised in civilian cars (sudden road raids!!)
    - arma2: oa equipment, us-desert troops
    - secops and ambient combat activated (now you can earn artillery and air-support)

during testing, i've encountered some funny scenes already. a takistani woman checking on her sheeps on a mountain top, driving back to town in her big fat black SUV.
    another time, near at the enemy-base, i got pinned down with my second AI-buddy totally outnumbered, suddenly an a-10 showed up and brought some help (that was nasty!).

Thank you very much AlecDelorean, I would be happy if you make it work or maybe also add some new features in a future?
    Tried Cipher in few last days and really enjoyed it, BI should award Wiper's hard and excellent work on it somehow!
    So thank you and happy coding, hope Wiper won't have any problems with your work on it... :-)
    Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 6GB RAM, HD5870, W7 64bit

ah ok, i forgot to mention it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101352

basics are working just fine (wiper's superb scripts), will work on finetuning and improvements in the future.
    SecOps and Ambient Combat raise the level of random encounters. now every restart of the mission delivers new combat situations, from easy to very hard, so you'll never know exactly what you're up against.

life isn't balanced... ;-)

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast