Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Manzilla View Post
    Look up about an 2 inches. Bugfix coming.
    yep, thanks manzilla!

not shure if I pull it off for today,
    please check first post , I've already nailed down two glitches, but that non starter at then end still gives me headache, as it runs perfectly when I take the shortcut to the mission end.
    I once figured that units refuse to move to off map waypoints buts thats clearly not the case here ...
    "The simplest is always the best"
    -Thomas Jefferson

very cool mission. i gave it a whirl in SP. can't wait to play it with my friends.

i too had the problem of the heli not taking off at the end (1.18).

also, at one point i briefly switched to the marksman to take out an enemy at distance. when i switched back to the team leader, he was way far away, back in the area where the objective was. maybe he ran there, but i think it was too far away for him to have run in that short amount of time. either way, there's something wrong there.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_9mm View Post
    when i switched back to the team leader, he was way far away, back in the area where the objective was.
    thanks for the feedy.
    yes that smells fishy. will have a look at it

Author of the Thread
    Mission updated to v1.19 - check 1st post

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kremator View Post
    The only way you can do it (currently, unless someone OVERWRITES the Command Menu!) is to use a waypoint over the vehicle. Click Type and then GETIN.

We need some more information on how to modify the HC section on the Biki.

In your situation just have the 3 guys you want to look after your truck in your main team (ie don't split them off) then when needed they can jump into the truck when commanded.
    will give it a try - thank you !

still no end sequence.
    I start from a save just before calling the transport.

best regards

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    still no end sequence.
    I start from a save just before calling the transport.
    no wonder then. needs a fresh start !

just started a new game, and the objective was on the island offshore. don't believe there's any way to get out there? are there boats hidden around? also, in this case the green insertion point marker was in the wrong place. it was on the island too, not where i spawned on the coast.

i restarted, and the insertion marker was in the right place this time...

I did have issues at end of mission as I mentioned before where we all get in the chopper and sit there for ages, nothing happens. I had to shoot the pilot and fly off myself

I installed 1.19 and loaded the save and still the same thing, I then assumed I had to restart so I am now on a new mission and will let you know if I get extracted successfully this evening.

Other thing which bugs me a little. When you call for extraction and get rejected because there are enemy around you are told they are updating your map, I assume the big red circles are the update? If they know enemy are around they must have a better idea where they are because I spent ages driving around within the circle village to village and found nothing, then drove across country and nothing. Can we have large circles at start of mission and then tighter or different coloured circles later after your call for extraction is rejected? these smaller ones can be within the larger one, just immitates the intelligence they are eluding to.

Also don't forget the radio jamming scenario, is a nice extension to the brief case one, random radio tower placed somewhere near where you radioed, within 2km or something. Can even be a tent camp with temporary setup, full squad of AI (8 men, plus roving patrol of 6 or so within 800m or so of camp?) with a couple of dogs would be enough challenge this late in the mission and really prove your metal.
    Last edited by Dogtags; Aug 14 2009 at 00:31.
    [SIZE="1"]OS: Windows 7 RC (Runs ARMA2 better than XP)
    Graphic Card: GTX460 (Gigabyte)
    Memory: 16GB
    Processor: Intel 3770K 3.5-3.9Ghz
    Graphic Card Memory: 1GB
    Monitor: Dell 23" 1920 x 1080
    Hard drive: 1x 1TB + 128GB Samsung 830 SSD
    Motherboard: Gigabyte

And i never found what im supposed to find in the first place lol. I guess i just suck at searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex72 View Post
    And i never found what im supposed to find in the first place lol. I guess i just suck at searching.
    I had issues "seeing" the silver briefcase but the way I found it was I stood away from the town/village, only about 50 metres and pressed the "." on numpad which you use to have a strategic overview/control. In this view move the circle on screen around the town, it names all objects as you move it around, even through walls etc. I ended up seeing "Suitcase" I think it was and so I stayed targeted on that and moved towards it. I found it laying on the ground in tall grass inside a ruined building, damn it was well hidden :-)

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast