Sign in to follow this  
wiper

'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

Wiper, is there gonner be a Cipher Takistan?

Pretty pretty please? That would fantastic! :yay:

Hi folks,

sorry for my big time of absence here.

Real live things are stacking up heavily these days and I'm practically out of PC gaming completely for the time beeing.

This, however, might change again within the next months or so but I cant promise or even estimate how things develop atm.

As for Takistan I'd be interested too how Cipher can be adopted for it, not to mention how the new game and features play out.

Given the 3-6 months developing+testing+polishing phase of Cipher on the other hand shouldn't let us be too optimistic for a new incarnation of the mission for the new game/addon too.

Beeing an old BIS game hardcorer I definitly will get the addon as soon as its available, thats for sure, so lets keep fingers crossed. As soon as I'll get certain RL things sorted and regain some room for mission design eventually, the chances for a new Cipher style mission should rise considerably.

Have fun & good luck

- Wiper

Edited by Wiper

Wiper: you keep rocking, our team occassionally plays Cipher, too bad we can't convert it to other custom islands.

Almost every time my brother comes over to my place, we enjoy playing cipher all the day long. I also found some time to figure out how to add more weapons to the briefing, because I just love RH's weapon packs and can't live without them :)

I'd like to see some option in the mission settings regarding the number of hostile forces, like number of armored units, choppers, patrols etc...Maybe an idea for the takistan version of cipher :)

I'm checking this thread almost every day since I first played cipher, if there's any new version of the mission...because it just rocks

Wiper: you keep rocking, our team occassionally plays Cipher, too bad we can't convert it to other custom islands.

That would be heaven.

hi there,

i'm currently working on converting cipher for arma2: oa. i call it "cipher: valleys of the takiban". :) it works pretty well so far, but lots of work ahead. i think cipher is one of the best scripted user-made-content i've ever seen on any game. awesome skills, herr wiper!

at the moment i'm waiting for wiper's permission to make it public, but he seems very busy with "real life" right now. i had some contact with him months ago, because i made an unofficial ace2-version of cipher (focus on playing with all the toys, HUNTIR etc.), but stopped working on it, because everytime ace2 updates, some weapons are changed, producing script errors and i didn't found out how to implement the magicbox. i hope the ace-team will catch up to OA soon, maybe i'll try again.

featurelist cipher:v.o.t.t. 0.1a:

- main-mission still the same

- general is a taki-warlord

- civillians are takis

- enemies are taki-militia, partially disguised in civilian cars (sudden road raids!!)

- arma2: oa equipment, us-desert troops

- secops and ambient combat activated (now you can earn artillery and air-support)

during testing, i've encountered some funny scenes already. a takistani woman checking on her sheeps on a mountain top, driving back to town in her big fat black SUV. :D

another time, near at the enemy-base, i got pinned down with my second AI-buddy totally outnumbered, suddenly an a-10 showed up and brought some help (that was nasty!).

Thank you very much AlecDelorean, I would be happy if you make it work or maybe also add some new features in a future?

Tried Cipher in few last days and really enjoyed it, BI should award Wiper's hard and excellent work on it somehow!

So thank you and happy coding, hope Wiper won't have any problems with your work on it... :-)

ah ok, i forgot to mention it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101352

basics are working just fine (wiper's superb scripts), will work on finetuning and improvements in the future.

SecOps and Ambient Combat raise the level of random encounters. now every restart of the mission delivers new combat situations, from easy to very hard, so you'll never know exactly what you're up against.

life isn't balanced... ;-)

SecOps and Ambient Combat are editor-modules. they have to be activated to provide:

- random secondary operations (HQ: sends requests per radio)

- random enemy and friendly patrols in the area around the player (and/or specific units/groups)

I'm having a problem; I've taken out all the enemies and done..whatever it is you do to the aluminium case. However, the objective for the case hasn't shown as completed, even though the helicopter and extraction objective has appeared.

Or am I meant to do something else as well?

I'm having a problem; I've taken out all the enemies and done..whatever it is you do to the aluminium case. However, the objective for the case hasn't shown as completed, even though the helicopter and extraction objective has appeared.

Or am I meant to do something else as well?

After the upload from the case reaches 100% you need to wait until it says "source deleted". I've stopped when it said 100% before and then had to download again and let it delete.

any chance of getting a version of this mission

WITHOUT the dependency on the OA Content

for people like me who don't have OA yet?

jus' askin' ...

any chance of getting a version of this mission

WITHOUT the dependency on the OA Content

for people like me who don't have OA yet?

jus' askin' ...

you totally mixed up the threads, THIS is the original Cipher for Arma2 thread!

just read the first post and download it.

my bad.

I've had 1.41b for some time.

i thought u added some new features/scripts

(secops & ambient)to this original for AO only.

And just thought u'd share them with the lowly A2 stragglers like me.

sry.

Edited by dondaddah
"b"

Yeah Cipher Valleys of Takistan is really good, even if it is still a bit buggy in the beta. The new OA mission modules make it really awesome, and the creator has made the mission-spawned enemy AI more random.

Are there any plans to make a OA standalone version this mission? I would really like to host this in MP for a few mates but some don't have Arma 2. Thanks

ACE check Alec´s above post....we are here in the ORIGINAL cipher Thread which belongs to ArmA2 ;)

If you wanted the ported version for CombinedOps (A2+OA) you have to look at a "slightly" (looooool) namechanged Thread called "Cipher: Valleys of the Takibans" .

So to state it in full and honest :

YOU GUYS ARE WHINING IN THE WRONG THREAD.....READING IS FROM MASSIVE IMPORTANCE AND ADVANTAGE.

Thx, and Radfahrer is outta here....*flings himself on his trustee ghost se9000 and downhills off madly in all directions*

and i guess chances are getting seriously smaller everytime the missionmaker is being asked to port for oa alone to do so ^^

Edited by AntalopeAUT

lol

Well I'm pretty sure that just asking for a mission port isn't THE demotivating part for a missionmaker in doing one ;)

However, I thought it wont hurt a small linky to AlecDelorean's thread for the A2OA Takistan port right next to the download link on the first page.

And as I'm loving handy links anyways here's the one for the A2OA port too:

For Arma2:Operation Arrowhead check out AlecDelorean's thread for his great conversion here:

Cipher: Valleys of the Takiban

cheers & have fun !

Ah, sorry my bad lol

I will have a look at the thread posted above, thanks:)

Is anyone encountering problems with the wounding system? I'm not sure why but whenever my buddies and I play this map in coop we become practically immune to enemy fire. Obvious this "cheat" pretty much ruins this otherwise excellent mission. Any ideas on how to solve this?

OK re-tested this mission last night and the wounding problem we encountered earlier seems to have disappeared. I don't know whether this is because we updated a few of our mods (CBA and Zeus AI) or the new beta patch for A2 (72588).

In any case, I'm very pleased to say that we'll now be resuming operations in this area!

Heya, I was wondering how I can implement Sec Ops into multiplayer the mission. I wanted to add a little bit more dynamics to the game.

Thanks!