Sign in to follow this  
OUT FOX EM

Windows 7 cut frames by 50% and introduced microstuttering

tnx :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/start-an-application-assigned-to-a-specific-cpu-in-windows-vista/

55 seems to be the representation of; cpu 0, cpu 2, cpu 4, cpu 6.

But this did not remove the stuttering for me, disabling HT instead seems to have.

I say seems, because I still have to do my first full evening of MP gaming to confirm the results of my tests ;)

Damn, I had considered masking out the multithreaded 'cores' so that I didn't have to disable HT (which did stop the stuttering by quite a margin on my i7).

HT probably isn't going to affect performance of anything I run today, hopefully BIS can find out what's causing it eventually so I can re-enable HT.

No luck here I disabled HT and still have the stuttering. I just purchased an ATI 4890 from XFX and still the same performance! Actually a little worse, I was getting 32-34 fps with my nvidia card and now getting 30-32 with my ATI card.

The game rocks but the engine just sucks and is poorly written. Hoping 1.04 will help, I'm tired of fighting with the performance issues and trying to find a workaround.