Sign in to follow this  
morthawt

Drag? Carry?

Im confused, i have looked in the manuel and read people talk about it on sites but i have yet to ever be able to drag or carry anyone. I made a mission with some AI in my command, i wounded them and tried to drag or carry them. I simply dont see any way this can be done. Can someone enlighten me on something im missing or something?

Add:

FIRST AID & BATTLEFIELD CLEARANCE modules to the mission. Synchronize them with the teamleader (Squadleader) of the group you want to have these functions. So if your the leader over a group of AI's - synch it to you.

Wound someone in your group and drag his ass. ;)

PS. the Battlefield Clearance module is the actual "drag & carry" module. But with First Aid module you get a better chance not to kill the guys off as easy. But you can skip it and drag dead bodies as well.

Alex

Im confused, i have looked in the manuel and read people talk about it on sites but i have yet to ever be able to drag or carry anyone. I made a mission with some AI in my command, i wounded them and tried to drag or carry them. I simply dont see any way this can be done. Can someone enlighten me on something im missing or something?

Haven't played single player, have you? :)

Anyway, to setup the drag/carry system just sync the group leader with a First Aid - Battlefield Clearance module. Without the First Aid - Simulation module though, it's pretty pointless though, because the only thing you can drag/carry are dead people.

Add:

FIRST AID & BATTLEFIELD CLEARANCE modules to the mission. Synchronize them with the teamleader (Squadleader) of the group you want to have these functions. So if your the leader over a group of AI's - synch it to you.

Wound someone in your group and drag his ass. ;)

PS. the Battlefield Clearance module is the actual "drag & carry" module. But with First Aid module you get a better chance not to kill the guys off as easy. But you can skip it and drag dead bodies as well.

Alex

sick, so if you can drag and carry dead bodies you could theoretically do a "leave no man behind" style mission, so if a squad mate dies you can still carry his body and extract it from the battlezone ?

Use the modules (F7): First Aid Simulation and First Aid Battlefield Clearance.

Each of them must be synchronized (F5) with the teamleader, then you will be able to drag or carry wounded teammates.

If you forget to synchronize one of the module with the teamleader, it won't work correctly.

(and don't forget Corpsmen for your missions :cool:)

Thanks, but why i asked is because i play Evolution, and could not figure out how to drag people which is why i tried to do it in a mission i created just for offline experience of getting it working. If you have to code it in there theres nothing i can do about playing online. I figured it was just part of everything since it is mentioned in the manual. I never thought for a moment that it would not be available.

It's not there by default because it's highly customisable. So you can add it so only your squad can get healed up and dragged. Or you could add it to every unit on the map. But then it might start getting laggy...

Not way points no. Literally click F5 then drag a blue line between the First Aid Module and the group leader.