Sign in to follow this  
Kramxel

Can't lock Hellfire in UAV in 1.03

Self explanatory....

Can't get the targeting lock thingy to appear.... with the UAV on hellfires.

In 1.02 it was hard but doable... in 1.03 it's simply impossible!

And before you ask, yes I'm running on a straight line and all that...

Its amazing this patch got clearance to upload...did they even load the damn thing on their own machines? The amount of problems out of this patch is crazy.

So far this is the only issue I found with the new patch..

I also had a CTD when I tried setting 10000 as view distance.... it gave an error of "lack of memory".... in 1.02 it would slow to a crawl but not crash....

I have 4Gb, but the game only uses 2Gb top.. which apparently isn't enough...

I would like some official comment on the issue....

Well, one thing is in the official missions the UAV is set to careless and hold fire and won't try to track targets - it just flies right by them all. If you place a UAV in your own mission and set a proper combat mode on the UAV it is simple to get a lock as it lines up on detected targets.

Well that explains why I almost threw my mouse at my cat (hur hur) earlier in frustration while trying to kill armor in Manhatten.

Well, one thing is in the official missions the UAV is set to careless and hold fire and won't try to track targets - it just flies right by them all. If you place a UAV in your own mission and set a proper combat mode on the UAV it is simple to get a lock as it lines up on detected targets.

But in 1.2 in the official missions I could get a lock and destroy targets with the UAV...

Sorry for the late reply...

I have never gotten the UAV lock to work. Not in 1.02, not in 1.03 never. :mad:

It wasn't easy... you had to be flying in a straight line towards the target... bu it was feasible...

I have never gotten the UAV lock to work. Not in 1.02, not in 1.03 never. :mad:

Same, and I spent hours trying to get it to fly in a straight line toward the target, which it certainly appeared to do.

Same, and I spent hours trying to get it to fly in a straight line toward the target, which it certainly appeared to do.

I hope I knew that at some point you select your target with TAB... only after you'd be able to get a lock if going on a straight line...

Just checking... don't flame me :)

It's all pointless now since it no longer works for the campaign...