Sign in to follow this  
SPECOPx

To turn on or turn off Hyperthreading?

I read somewhere that it is now OK to enable Hyperthreading. Is this true or the people who spread this stuff are bluffing?

I read somewhere that it is now OK to enable Hyperthreading. Is this true or the people who spread this stuff are bluffing?

As of 1.03, I have had no problems with H/T on under Win 7.

Eth

**EDIT**

HT OFF is still better tbh. There are still some small issues. Had to do some testing to really notice it.

**EDIT**

Edited by BangTail

I've tested alot with and without and I see no difference whatsoever in my performance.

I have tested this with Arma2Mark (Win7, i7 2.67GHz OC@3.9GHz) and I can categorically say that HT OFF gives much better FPS. In fact it is about 600 more marks.

I'll be keeping mine off.

I run Arma2Mark quite a lot to check on new patches / new configs etc.

I always run the test twice so that Chernogorsk is loaded properly the second time.

I run Arma2Mark quite a lot to check on new patches / new configs etc.

I always run the test twice so that Chernogorsk is loaded properly the second time.

I have to agree with Kremator here. It's STILL better to have HT off. Having said that, the massive spikes that were happening with HT on under 1.02 are gone but to get the most fluid performance, it still needs to be off.

Personally, I'll stick to XP until this is properly resolved.

Eth

I've also got a quad core i7.

Before patch 1.03 if HT was on for me, ArmA2 was VERY unstable.

After 1.03 i can have HT on, and it seems alot more stable...it still CTD occasionally. But nowhere near as much as it did.

Can't honestly say i've noticed any MASSIVE difference in FPS with it on or off though.

Quad core i7 @3.6GHz

6GB Corsair TriChannel DDR3 RAM

ATI HD4890 1GB

It would be good if we could find out whether to have it turned on or off though, once and for all. This debate seems to be going on and on.

Edited by MarvinTheMartian

Where can I get this Arma Mark to run?

As far as 3dmark 06 goes there is little or no difference in my score with it on or off, and playing Arma 2 in game I cannot tell a difference. But then Arma locks my fps at 33 for some strange reason.

Edited by ICE-Raver

I....

After 1.03 i can have HT on, and it seems alot more stable...it still CTD occasionally. But nowhere near as much as it did.

Can't honestly say i've noticed any MASSIVE difference in FPS with it on or off though. ...

Id keep it off. HT isnt used by ARMA2, it can barely use four cores. You would be hard pressed to find a app that will use the "extra" HT "cores". Its nice to have for VM and such,but everyday usage/games HT is useless.

Where can I get this Arma Mark to run?

As far as 3dmark 06 goes there is little or no difference in my score with it on or off, and playing Arma 2 in game I cannot tell a difference. But then Arma locks my fps at 33 for some strange reason.

Google says: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5809 ;)