Sign in to follow this  

I'm trying to set the editor to be able to use artillery targeting, but am getting nowhere. According to the support wiki, I should have an ARTY module which allows me to add an artillery piece, then add a GameLogic.

Being an absolute newb, I have no clue what it means to place the Artillery GameLogic. Editing interface doesn't mention GameLogic at all, much less an artillery GameLogic. I've checked my addons directory, but see nothing at all containing ARTY or ARTILLERY etc. Is it a separate add-on? If so, how do I get it? If not, how do I activate it?

Sorry for the silly question. I'm just trying to figure out how to get this working before I break down and cry like a little girl.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73272

Just check the first few pages of the main Artillery thread. Headspace posted a link to a few Artillery example missions. It's a lot easier to learn about the Editor by looking at other peoples' missions. I still only understand what's in the BIKI about 5% of the time. The other 95% I just sit and scratch my head saying "Huh?".

Check the example missions(they are also post at the very end of the Artillery BIKI) and read through the thread I posted a link for above. It's kinda long but packed full of info. A lot of good discussions with examples posted as well.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, for the Artillery logic click the Modules tab on the right side of the Editor. Then double click somewhere on the map. When the Modules box pops up select Artillery Module from the drop down menu. All the logics for the Modules are there.

Edited by Manzilla