Sign in to follow this  
BlackLord

Stuttering Animations

I had this problem with all versions and the latest patch didn't fix it.

It happens in cutscenes, after the flashback when we are aboard the carrier and the captain tells us we are going to war, the cheering crew's animations start stuttering after a while. It looks like some bad stop motion animation and happens in all cutscenes.

Anyone else has this problem?

Sounds like it`s related to your pc setup.Some more info on your pc might help in the diagnosis of the problem.

Does it only happen in cut scenes or in game aswell?

How many hard drives do you have and what way are they partitioned?Is it one hard drive with more than 1 partition? I`m Just having guess here as there`s not a lot to go on.

It only happens in cutscenes never ingame.

I think the problem is related to object texturing. When the cutscene starts all the animations are fluid but as soon as the game starts placing higher resolution textures on objects they start stuttering. By setting the texture detail option to low I can avoid this to happen but the game looks ugly.

I have one hard drive, I defragged it after patching to 1.03.

My rig:

Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz

HD4850 512MB

2 GB RAM

Win XP SP2

Latest drivers are installed.

I guess the VRAM is just not good enough.

Your 4850 should be just fine as i know someone whos game plays quite well on a 3870 and Q6600.The reason i asked about the partitions and number of hard drives is that having say 1 hard drive with 2 partitions and having xp on 1 partition and the game on another partition will cause streaming problems as the head of the drive has to move over and back quite a lot.This would not help performance at all.I`ve witnessed this first hand a few years ago when i did this myself.A better scenario would be to have a small hard drive dedicated to xp along with your documents say and another large hard drive purely for games and other programs.This would ensure things would work more smoothly.

Hope this gives some help.If not then i`m not sure what else it could be.