Sign in to follow this  
Akilez

AI gone Deaf and Not Too Bright in 1.03

We're listening NeMeSis..:)

What have you sorted out?

Thanks

ps ->

- OPFOR AI are not telepathic, they have radios.

- Hearing is more directionally accurate than anything second only to an instant sighting

- We are set at 'Expert' with all AI at 1.00 and SuperAI enabled.

- BIS please help restore the fight.

We're listening NeMeSis..:)

What have you sorted out?

Thanks

I just restored the 'Sensitivity' (Half in 1.03 compared to 1.02) and 'SensitivityEar' (90% less in 1.03) config values back to what they were in 1.02. The config is slightly messy because i am just a horrible addon maker, mostly because i dont like modding, but at least it works. :p

I'm not a code guy NeMeSiS but it seems that you have verified at the very least a 'significant' change in the hearing capability of AI between 1.02 and 1.03 confirming our observations (90% less in 1.03!!!).

This is a huge mistake in my mind (and many others) as dumbing down the AI in this fashion and then relying on people experienced with (and having access to) certain files and their content to make local changes is radically impacting the playability of this game. I have no problem with this being the case at the 'regular' levels but when 'expert' is impacted in such a significant fashion I have to wonder why. Years of development and months of Beta testing brought us the initial settings and then less than 60 days after the U.S. release a massively significant change to the game settings (in the wrong direction) comes through bundled in a patch. Again...why?

Can you please be more specific as to exactly what file these changes were made in NeMeSiS? Thank you!

I appreciate your feedback very much and I hope BIS sees the error and it is corrected in the next patch. Make it easier at the entry level if you must but leave expert as tough as possible please.

Edited by Akilez
Misc

I'm not a code guy NeMeSiS but it seems that you have verified at the very least a 'significant' change in the hearing capability of AI between 1.02 and 1.03 confirming our observations (90% less in 1.03!!!).

This is a huge mistake in my mind (and many others) as dumbing down the AI in this fashion and then relying on people experienced with (and having access to) certain files and their content to make local changes is radically impacting the playability of this game. I have no problem with this being the case at the 'regular' levels but when 'expert' is impacted in such a significant fashion I have to wonder why. Years of development and months of Beta testing brought us the initial settings and then less than 60 days after the U.S. release a massively significant change to the game settings (in the wrong direction) comes through bundled in a patch. Again...why?

Can you please be more specific as to exactly what file these changes were made in NeMeSiS? Thank you!

I appreciate your feedback very much and I hope BIS sees the error and it is corrected in the next patch. Make it easier at the entry level if you must but leave expert as tough as possible please.

Character.pbo->config.bin file.

class CfgVehicles
{
class Land;
class Man: Land
{
 class ViewPilot;
 accuracy = 0.25;
 camouflage = 2;
 sensitivity = 1.5;
 sensitivityEar = 0.5;

In 1.02 these values were 3 and 5 IIRC.

It was probably done because loads of people complained about 'cheating' AI. :rolleyes:

Well easy to make an addon to revert to 1.02 values again.

Cheers for that NeMeSiS we will take a look.

Very much appreciate you pin pointing the file and the specific code.

Edited by Akilez