Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

Sound broken by 1.03?

After installing 1.03 - major sound problems on the Auzentech forte.

Anyone else?

what sounds/example?

My bad.

It's because I hadn't switched EAX off in the arma2profile file. I haven't played it in Win 7 for ages so my config wasn't up to date. That seems to have stopped it.

Eth

EDIT : No, it's back again :( It's pretty much all sounds. Lots of static and distortion. Im going to see if the same thing happens in XP.

UPDATE : Same in XP. I'm going to roll back the Forte drivers (as the latest ones were only released yesterday) and see if that's the problem.

Edited by BangTail

try to reduce ingame sound volume and use speaker volume control

try to reduce ingame sound volume and use speaker volume control

It's nothing like that.

There is something wrong with either the new Auzentech driver or the 1.03 patch.

I'm going back to an older driver as we speak.

I'll update the thread once I've tested.

Cheers,

Eth

Edited by BangTail

my sound works fine with 1.03

I've got a feeling this is Creative related.

Seems to be ok in XP after I reinstalled the driver twice but Win 7 is another story.

Not an issue as I prefer to play it in XP anyway.

Win 7's overall performance is much better than before minus the distorted sound :)

Eth

I've got a feeling this is Creative related.

Seems to be ok in XP after I reinstalled the driver twice but Win 7 is another story.

Not an issue as I prefer to play it in XP anyway.

Win 7's overall performance is much better than before minus the distorted sound :)

Eth

your onboard is in the way with win7? maybe disable it at the bios level?

your onboard is in the way with win7? maybe disable it at the bios level?

It's always off.

:)

EDIT : No, it's back again :( It's pretty much all sounds. Lots of static and distortion. Im going to see if the same thing happens in XP.

I've the same problem after patching to 1.03. Static and distortion.

And it's happening in XP.

I've the same problem after patching to 1.03. Static and distortion.

And it's happening in XP.

My guess is that the patch has somehow borked the sound for some soundcards. I still get patchy distortion in XP although it's not as bad as it was before I reinstalled the drivers.

Eth

Sound is BROKEN beyond.... Static noices, crackling etc etc This occurs when people fire weapons

Vista64 + Creative Xfi Xtreme gamer soundcard

had no soundproblems whatsoever before 1.3

Edited by Fansadox

Sound is BROKEN beyond.... Static noices, crackling etc etc This occurs when people fire weapons

Vista64 + Creative Xfi Xtreme gamer soundcard

had no soundproblems whatsoever before 1.3

I had a feeling it wasn't just me :(

Like you, I had no sound issues with 1.02.

I'm still screwing around with it but I have a feeling that a temporary fix will no doubt involve disabling key features of the X-Fi and I hate doing that for one game.

I'll let you know.

Eth

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Just finished enabling/disabling various settings and nothing is stopping it.

I guess we need a hotfix unless someone else makes a discovery ;)

Edited by BangTail

I guess we need a hotfix unless someone else makes a discovery ;)

I was afraid of that but actualy i see no way to fix it either its a gamerelated issue.

This reminds me the good old days with OFP. There were similar (crackling and distortion) problems with some Creative cards like the "Live" series.

In fact with ARMA my only problems were with Creative drivers that once in a while would conflict with the game creating a BSOD.

I won't buy anymore Creative sound cards. I Swear.

Edited by Von_Paulus

This reminds me the good old days with OFP. There were similar (crackling and distortion) problems with some Creative cards like the "Live" series.

In fact with ARMA my only problems were with Creative drivers that once in a while would conflict with the game creating a BSOD.

It's the last Creative Card that I bought. I swear.

Yes it reminds me of those days as well. It is not a time I wish to be reminded of :(

Edited by BangTail

Im using the 2.18.0013drivers that came out june 26th 2009

The latest Auzentech drivers are based on those. I tried to go back to the previous set but it didn't help. I'm not really interested in running older drivers just for A2.

I'm guessing if we have a problem, it won't be long before others start to experience the same thing.

Eth

6.0.1.1370 driver (04-03-2009)

The driver package installed is SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0010.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

I'm guessing if we have a problem, it won't be long before others start to experience the same thing.

Sure. But nowadays most people use onboard sound and not dedicated cards.

I've got problems with sound too (x-fi xtreme gamer). The problem is mainly with the breathing sound (as i've noticed so far), it crackles a little then as it play's it's extremely loud and annnoying.

I've got problems with sound too (x-fi xtreme gamer). The problem is mainly with the breathing sound, it crackles a little then as it play's it's extremely loud and annnoying.

Sorry to hear that bud :(

Also found something new, some environmental ambient sounds seemed to be messed up, also when i run through some bushes I get a bad 'static-like' sound.

Also found something new, some environmental ambient sounds seemed to be messed up, also when i run through some bushes I get a bad 'static-like' sound.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. The positional is buggered also. Things cut in and out etc. It's very annoying.

Eth