Sign in to follow this  
-RIP- Luhgnut

Funny thing happened today.... little story

Sometimes this game just gives you a serious rush.

Was playing warfare and I had my AI squad out taking a town. A T-90 was in town and I could see some enemy popping around. It was late in the day, and started raining. Then the weather got horrible as we were picking our shots and working forward. Then the bottom fell out, it got dark as can be, raining and fog. I go to flip on my nightvision.... duh.. I didn't buy any!!! We had no vehicles drivable.

So I start running across what I thought may be an open field towards a light in the distance. and I run... and run.... in the darkness I'm bouncing off "things" in the dark. I'm blind, but run "go into the light".

The T-90 sorta starts firing in my general direction. My surround sound is kicking in with bullet's wizzing and snapping by. He's spraying wild. I keep running. I run into an overhang, and in it.... a pickup truck. I get in, start heading into the field with my squad, and headlights on. I can't see a thing except what's in the headlights. I get closer to the squad and tell them to pile in. The T-90 now starts firing serious stuff. The morons pile into the pickup and off we go. Still blind. HE rounds are exploding all around us as we head over the hill.

Now, that. was awesome.

Hi [=DD=] Luhgnut

An ArmA moment, play in the real virtuality engine for any time and you end up with a few of those stories. It is the only game I have ever experienced those things.

Kind Regards walker

Hi [=DD=] Luhgnut

An ArmA moment, play in the real virtuality engine for any time and you end up with a few of those stories. It is the only game I have ever experienced those things.

Kind Regards walker

I have actually, but it was the old stuff. Nothing like what's out now. When I spent 6 hours non-stop in a real virtual reality setup. I couldn't tell which direction home was leaving. I was driving around town in circles. Had no clue which direction Denver was.

The other day I was playing with some friends and I got capped trying to place a satchel in a hangar so I was briskly transported to spectator mode as there are no respawns in any of my missions ;)

I'm watching my mate slowy trying to make his way around the outside of the airfield (crouched). As he is moving, I catch something moving slowly off to the left of his postition. It's one of the enemy pilots from the airfield. In the spirit of realism, we don't warn people when we see that they are in danger. The AI slowly moved up behind him, crouched. As the AI got closer, it switched to it's silenced M9.

My mate had absolutely no idea he was there (he might have heard him if it hadn't been raining) and the AI, ever so slowly, edged up behind him. The AI is now about 2 feet away and stops. The M9 jerks slightly as the AI fires 2 rounds into the back of his head at point blank range. Once he was down the AI proceeded to shoot him again before skulking off into the night.

It really is moments like these that make this game so unique.

Eth

my favorite ARMA 2 moment was also last night, was also playing a warfare with Dirtydeeds, we had eventually made enough money to combine our money and buy a Hind(with-out the rotateable cannon), a repair truck, a refuel truck, & a rearm truck. Now were flying over Chenorgorsk, i notice us taking damage so i was like, "Deeds, switch to the cannon!" We both started tabbing and found that it was a cobra shooting at us with its cannon aways away. so naturally we engage it, we go on about a 3-5 minute fight with this little cobra, going guns wild; I eventually manuevered the hind behind the cobra, giving Deeds the shot he needed. He ended up taking the tail rotor down, causing the chopper to crash, and not 30 secconds later my game crashed, Good Game.

I still had a lot of fun tho going air to air like that, I'm just glad the cobra pilot didnt realize he had Sidewider missles lol :D then the fight would have ended a little sooner :P

Edited by Shinobi575