Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

PvPvAI Gamemode CROOKS for ArmA 2

ROLE PLAYING GAME MISSION: TvT 1-2-24 CROOKS

Version: 1.33 (Chernarus) | Release Date: June 5th, 2010

Version: 1.33 (Island Panthera) | Release Date: June 5th, 2010

===============================================================

crooks13.jpg

New MP gamemode that never plays the same.

Crooks Game - Instructions

Welcome to game of Crooks for ArmA 2, the role playing mission that is never the same no matter how many times you play it. Three sides will fight on Island Panthera, at least two players are needed (Police Chief & Serial Killer) to play it, but game allows up to 26 players.

One player (CIV) is a serial killer dressed as a civilian and his only goal is to kill 10 prostitutes (marked on map as pink dots) in towns and villages. Majority of players are Cops (WEST) lead by Police Chief (in a nice suit, btw) and they are located in Lesce Airport Police HQ. Their goal is to find the serial killer. They need to patrol the towns and respond to calls that dispatcher from HQ makes in sidechat(!). Dispatcher (played as AI) recieves tips from civilians (AI). Third side are two criminals (EAST) dressed as insurgents/civilians. They two have various tasks planned and they can complete them in random order. Their only goal is to create chaos and to make Cops' job a living hell. For each completed task they recieve new better equipment at their home. Their home town is independent and protected by Russian Army (AI). Cops are NOT allowed to enter that zone or Russians would kick their asses with much superior firepower.

For every new dead prostitute Cops recieve better equipment, ranging from assault rifles to scout helicopters and armored vehicles.

AI takes care of other stuff around the map: Arms Dealers hate cops but they will usually give out weapons and ammo to criminals or killer. Army guards their storage depot. Police HQ in Lesce is also guarded by AI guards armed with MP5s and if they suffer casualties they will call Army for backup to help defend the HQ. In case of injury, person can be moved to one of three hospitals in the area, but suspicious persons (bullet wounds) are usually reported to police.

Serial Killer can arm with personal weapon of choice/equipment and then travel to one of three locations from where he will begin his quest (two major airports or his private boat). When he kills the last prostitute he wins. If cops mortally wound him in the chase or ambush he is transfered to Jail in Lesce. Police Chief then needs to visit Courthouse from where he sends suitcase to Judge (not present on map). Judge then assembles Jury and they decide. Penalty for killing one or more people in Panthera is execution in front of a wall by firing squad (duty of Police). If the Jury finds the suspect guilty he is moved to the Execution Wall and Cops win the game after one minute passes. If serial killer didn't (yet) kill any prostitutes jury finds him not guilty and suspect gets released (transferred back home). Two criminals can merely observe the whole deal or help out killer in his quest, maybe even help him escape from Jail! They can also work with police by capturing the killer and become heroes and repay for their sins from the past.

Police Chief can issue an Arrest Warrant for criminals when enough evidence is gathered (that is after only 3 prostitutes remain alive) by visiting a Courthouse (Town Bled).

What will you do? Who will outsmart who? Join the game of Crooks!

Sides

BLUFOR/Cops:

Special police unit will patrol the streets and be on a lookout for suspicious individuals. If new killings appear, more special equipment will be issues to them (rifles, transport vehicles). One cop is dressed as a civilian (undercover).

Cops must capture (kill) Psycho and leader selects execution by standing near table or they can let him go by opening prison doors. Psycho is then transfered to the execution wall and team has 60 seconds to execute him until the mission ends... or let him live.

CIVILIAN/Psycho:

He starts on a island with a handful of weapons to choose. Then he picks up 3 of places he fast travels to: His main target are 10 prostitutes (marked on map as green dots), but he wont linger to kill other unsuspecting civilians and even a cop when he feels threatened. If he kills all ten prostitutes he wins.

OPFOR/Criminals:

Two criminals have option to select weapon supplied by local arms dealer. They have several objectives to complete. They can even help out serial killer in his evil-doings. Their goal is make mission more interesting for cops and also psycho. Watch out for cops since they will be notified if you do something bad. And stay away from the Army, although they might have nice things stored in a Ammo Depot ... or so I've heard...

Special Places / Spawns

Police HQ

Spawn for Cops in Lesce with all the fancy equipment that gets unlocked when more and more prostitutes get killed. When first prostitute dies choppers will be authorized (UH-1Y, MI-8). When 5 or more prostitutes die police will get armored vehicles (BTR90, BRDM) and pickups with guns.

Police also has repair and refuel vehicle, MTRV.

<guarded by AI cops>

Army Depot

There is a Army Depot in the hills and is guarded by local Army that is friendly to Cops. Depot is guarded by AI Army soldiers and usually gets a backup fast if it gets attacked.

Russian Town

Cops are forbidden to enter it and Russian peacekeepers are controlling this independent town. It serves as spawn for "Criminal Duo". Town is heavily guarded by Russian Army so we advise Cops to stay away from it. They can also protect psycho in case he seeks refuge there.

<guarded by AI russian soldiers>

Hospital

There are three hospitals: Trenta Mountain Rescue Hut, General Hospital Jesenice and Koprivnik Private Clinic. Doctors will report to police if bullet wounds are found or even if person lurking around the hospital is suspicious.

Arms Dealers

There are three on the map and they just hate cops. They have couple of guys (AI) guarding their precious crates, but they hide their stuff well when police is around.

Villages

Civilians are in 10 of them and are terrified of criminals and psycho wandering around them. Civilians also drive around on a daily business, too.

Jail

Is located in Airport Lesce. If psycho is mortally wounded he is put to Jail. Cops can then visit him and:

1. Set him free by opening prison doors (to let him go due to lack of evidence and continue the story/play).

2. Police Cheif recieves a suitcase at Courthouse entrance when suspect is in prison and evidence is collected automatically there. By touching suitcase he gives evidence to Judge. If suspect is found guilty he is transferred to Execution Wall. Police firing squad has then 60 seconds to execute him before mission ends. Or let him live...

Note: Criminals (OPFOR) can force open the prison doors, too!

Other stuff

Tip: You might find a civilian hunter with a nice sniper rifle somewhere on the map. Explore :)

Please report any bugs and requests to this official topic on Bohemia Interactive Forums. Thank you and enjoy Crooks!

Download v1.33 for Chernarus/Panthera:

#1 IceBreakr (200KB zip)

Installation:

1. Put .pbo file in your \MPMissions folder and run it!

Edited by IceBreakr

wow, sounds really original!!

Thx even if I'm not able to test it alone.

Spangg: tnx, hopefully there will be servers playing this mission. Its a lot of fun, yesterday we've played it for hours :)

Added Armaholic link to file. And remember to post ideas on how to improve it and of course bugreports.

Sure ya can, just start a LAN game and host, although it wouldn't be as much fun as it is in MP.

Thanx IceB for not having any other required downloads for this mission; I'll give it a try.

CrazyAce: you need at least 2 human players, even in LAN. Yesterday we've played with 1 serial, 2 criminals (they focused and attacked the army depot and stole a lot of equipment that appears once guards are neutralized) and 6 cops. Cops were ordered to patrol streets, set up road blocks and to visit prostitutes (khm). You can even ask them if they saw anyone suspicious.

And again, please check Notes for all the info because Cops yesterday were quite suprised when arms dealers fired upon them. RTFM :)

IceBreakr,

This is a brilliant idea and very well executed (forgive the pun!)

Gonna play it as soon as my server admin comes along ! Will post bug reports if I see them !

Good work mate.

Well done, lets hope it dosen't end up political like the others;)

wow, sounds really original!!

Maybe not 100% original, but nothing ever is. ;) This sounds like a supped up version of an old OFP mission, "Murder Sim." Two thumbs up though for taking a classic mission and injecting some great looking additions to the gameplay! :bounce3:

Hi IceBreakr !

It's the better RPG police mission that I never play on ArmA.

So thank’s a lot for the community! :yay:

We tested it yesterday on the [OWM] server with 5 guys. That was great.

Here are somethings that we noticed :

I) Firstly I thought that some addons could improve your game like police car & black ops as special police force but players said that the Russian countryside police is a good idea for a rpg game

So for us, things are perfect like that. (a siren car police could be fun.)

II) According to RPG way, we playing with expert difficulty. Read the road signs in Russian is really hard so I think about set some triggers on it to display their names in English.

That will help cops to hunt in the right direction :)

III) Criminals can help the psycho but they cannot be arrested.

So police cannot really stop the criminals if they want to kill prostitute. It should be good to respawn them in jail (no judgment they are already criminals)

IV) There is so much mines and satchels in the Russian base. Criminals can put in a truck enough explosive to destroy each towns.

Well that s all :bounce3: everythings else are really nice

Edited by Keroban

Hi IceBreakr !

I) Firstly I thought that some addons could improve your game like police car & black ops as special police force but players said that the Russian countryside police is a good idea for a rpg game

So for us, things are perfect like that. (a siren car police could be fun.)

I will try that mission because there's no needs for extra addons, download and go; I think ARMA II has tons of objects of all nature, what is impressive is not a new car model or unit, but the talent of the mission creator to merge us into a plot, a story, with goals and events.

We will be trying this mission all of today and tommorow. You are welcome to join us on our server: Royal British Commando's (Filter Royal)

And come on our TS!

IP:217.146.93.83:8768

Feint sent a question about the surrendering of killer, for example in case he is surrounded in a house and without any ammo left. Player playing killer must set a surrender key in A2 Key Options (A2 has this option!).

Then he drops all the weapons and tell Cops of his whereabouts and the intent. They must then take him to prison via chopper/car. Jail doors can be opened by any cop (or hacked by criminals).

Serial killer can use numerous tactics, maybe use a silenced scope rifle or take out Cops armored vehicle with an RPG. Hunt is different all the time and killer needs to act smarter than Cops ;)

Thanks for hosting the mission on dedicated servers, hopefully there will be more servers soon! I got couple of tips so far and I'm improving the mission...

CrazyAce: you need at least 2 human players, even in LAN. Yesterday we've played with 1 serial, 2 criminals (they focused and attacked the army depot and stole a lot of equipment that appears once guards are neutralized) and 6 cops. Cops were ordered to patrol streets, set up road blocks and to visit prostitutes (khm). You can even ask them if they saw anyone suspicious.

And again, please check Notes for all the info because Cops yesterday were quite suprised when arms dealers fired upon them. RTFM :)

Damn good game.

I tried this with a friend over LAN last night, with one criminal, (human), the other, (AI), acted like a squad member but with one policeman there was only one policeman. Is there a way to get the other slots that are not filled with humans to patrol etc? Or are they completely redundant when not possessed by a human?

Wull: sorry, police chief (leader) doesn't have a option to send out AI coppers around the map. Would you like to see that?

Wull: sorry, police chief (leader) doesn't have a option to send out AI coppers around the map. Would you like to see that?

IceBreakr, if you could manage that with the result that 3 of us could play. 1 as the killer, 1 controlling the crims and 1 person controlling all the coppers so that all slots are operating then that would be great.

Much appreciated :bounce3:

Will do that. I disable that in v0.99 so the players client wouldn't automatically report position of the criminal even when the player doesn't see him (forests).

Expect v1.00 soon for Chernarus and one new island ;)

First post in this topic updated with new v1.10 file!

Changelog v1.10:

- ammo dealers now give proper weapons/ammo to criminals and sometimes even a serial killer - they will fire on him if he doesn't have a "psycho" look (a.k.a. killed 2-3 civilians already)

- if army depot is empty (all soldiers neutralized) crate gets unlocked with very fancy military assault weapons now

- police recieves more useful equipment with every reinforcement cycle in their Police Station crates

Changelog v1.00:

- Police Chief is now in group control of other 22 Cops, Cops can now be used as AIs, too.

- Police Chief can recieve an Arrest Warrant for Criminals (EAST). Arrest Warrant is available in the Courthouse in Berezino when only 3 or less prostitutes remain alive in the current game

- if one criminal is arrested other can help him escape from the jail by hacking the doors (standing few seconds in front of them). Criminals can also help serial killer escape and police player/s can also free the criminal with the same procedure by opening jail doors.

- criminal who enters the Jail is always automatically stripped of any weapons or magazine he's carrying

- objectives no longer multiply since BIS fixed "briefing_bug" in v1.03

- police: chopper is available after 3 prostitute murders, machinegun jeeps after 5 and armor (BTR & BRDMs) after 7 kills.

Edited by IceBreakr

Good fun that.

I know what you mean about AI shouting, I had them all seperated out into small patrols and was all ok. At this point I realised that they weren't armed and would not respond to the psycho so selected all and sent them back to the ammo crates. It was at this point that one of the AI got a bit shouty and telling everyone to get into formation. I'll need to find a fast way to arm all my new copper friends before I send them out next.

3 and 4 always die at the start I noticed.

Damn good fun though, can see this being a game I keep coming back to.

Wull: yeah, I'll add add each one a M9 pistol with 2 clips.

BTW: Did anyone experience any crashes in this mission? It is something fishy with civilians running around armed, an animation that causes a CTD maybe? Please report the character and exactly location here if that happens to you.

Did i miss something? I only have a mission.sqf in the mission pbo. The Killer has no weapons in the crate.

Isn't there a better ( realistic ) way to reinforce the cops? Like giving them better firearms stop by step instead of military hardware? I mean the more women get killed the narrower the search area becomes and the easier it gets for the cops to find the guy. It's actually overkill if they wait at the last woman with tanks. If you intend to keep the military hardware wouldn't it be better to change the cops to f.e. chernarus military personel instead? And maybe the background could say the psycho is a member of the military who went berserk, that would explain why the military hunts him and not the cops.