Sign in to follow this  
vasmkd

Mi-24P Gunner can't aim

Hi

Just relized that jumping into the Mi-24P's gunner station i can't move the aiming sight around. Even with "0 Ins" key view. Anyone else try this?

Yeh, it's supposed to be that way. They didnt have a way to turn a twin 30mm gun at that time I think like how they did it with the black shark, but I'm just assuming here.

Edited by Mike84

There are two model, take the other MI24.

sorry should have made my post clearer

I know the 30mm twin barrel gun is fix mounted but what about the guided ataka anti-tank guided missles.

Also the shturm on the v model is not working properly, can't aim it anywhere...its guided

Edited by vasmkd

You cant aim missile crosshairs on any helicopter, you just need to spam Tab until you lock on to something in about a 90 degree arc in front of you, if you see a square with a circle inside your missile will hit.

I was trying to lock on holding right mouse buton but it wont work, will try what u said. I always can target things by holding right mouse in other aircraft/vehicles.

go into optics?

Tried, its strange in all aircraft now

If i hit the "*" key a few times i get a lock on again sometimes after holding right mouse button, but most the time not. In any view i try this is the case

I think i might have gamefade, probably after running mods for vanilla arma islands and stuffing it up a few times trying. Will re-install the game

I have dvd retail

Do i have to revoke license or anything?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Tried, its strange in all aircraft now

If i hit the "*" key a few times i get a lock on again sometimes after holding right mouse button, but most the time not. In any view i try this is the case

I think i might have gamefade, probably after running mods for vanilla arma islands and stuffing it up a few times trying. Will re-install the game

I have dvd retail

Do i have to revoke license or anything?

Ok tested again and have not uninstalled.

With Mi-24V i can lock on target with machine gun by using optic sight. If i press f there is a circle around the square but i can't cycle to other targets. Now the only way i can lock on is by going back to machine gun everytime and getting a saquare then going to shtrum by pressing f and there is a circle there to show lock. this must be a bug

Also it would be good if the optic on F model hind moved when u have selected ataka.

Edited by vasmkd

If you have a circle that should mean FFAR's and those are not lockable. They are "point and shoot". And if you have lockable weapons then be sure there is a clear line of sight at the moment of locking (TAB).

So you have to be aware of what weapon you have selected as some wont lock - just like in reality. ;)

Alex

Try a combination of Tab and right-click, some things cant be targeted with Tab so you need to center your crosshair over them and right-click.

Edited by randir14

Try a combination of Tab and right-click, some things cant be targeted with Tab so you need to center your crosshair over them and right-click.

Tried it, seems to fix the lock on target problem anyway with guided missles. Whats the difference between TAB and right hold click anyway?

Now back to where i started, just the annoying fixed optical sight needs to be fixed on the Mi-24P. If it stays still while 30mm cannon is selected thats fine but for the Ataka guided missles it should move so u can get a closer look. The zoom is not so great in any other view.

If that can't be done that way then the optical sight should move and the cannon just fires straight in fixed position (just like using FFAR) while in cannon mode it would be much better than the system BIS has now. I think the optical sight should defenitly move around.

Added:

For some reason shtrum wont target the enemy M1A1 abrams tank, with crew or empty and in various places around me with TAB or holding right mouse button.

Added:

Found out what problem was with shtrum not targetting tanks. If tanks engine is off in it wont target it, might be like heat system.

Edited by vasmkd
Add more info

Found out what problem was with shtrum not targetting tanks. If tanks engine is off in it wont target it, might be like heat system.

That shouldn't be the case. The shturm is a radio guided saclos missile, which is means it's targeted by a human and guided by a computer.

If you can reproduce that behaviour, you should probably report it as a bug.

That shouldn't be the case. The shturm is a radio guided saclos missile, which is means it's targeted by a human and guided by a computer.

If you can reproduce that behaviour, you should probably report it as a bug.

Yeah looks like ur right.

Can other ppl try this to make sure it's not just me:

Open up Utes in editor

*Make a OPFOR pilot plus another member to pilot u on west end of runway

*put empty hind-v and ah-1z near u facing 90 degrees

*put empty m1a1 tanks and lav-25 apc's and t-90 or whatever on eastern end of runway

*put some crewed m1a1 tanks near empty vehicles but make sure they have no ammo (in options when placing the unit)

*now preview and jump in a heli as gunner and tell ur other man to get in as ur pilot. make him move close by so ur airborn.

*now try target vehicles with missles in "Ins" key view (use f to cycle to guided missles)

I try by pressing Tab and holding right mouse button but most of the time its doesnt work

Let us know how u guyz go

oh another thing is if u use ur cannon u will always get a target. If u lock a square with cannon mode and cycle to guided missles the lock stays on and gives u circle once u select the guided missle.

It always resets after u unlock target so u have to do it all over again.

missle hits target...even thou misses alot with with russian choppers (another bug here i guess)

Edited by vasmkd
Forgot to say AH-1Z also has the same problem for me

After some more testing it seems that empty and stationary vehicles with engines off can't be targeted by guided missles from choppers unless u lock the target in cannon mode first.

Did anyone else test this situation?

I have targeting bug too. But in my case it happens with t-90 "Refleks" and BMP-3 "Konkurs" systems. Target Lock doesnt work if i playing as a gunner. If I am commander and AI is a gunner he can easily lock and destroy a target if I ask him to do that. I tested this in editor too, but dint notice any difference.

I have targeting bug too. But in my case it happens with t-90 "Refleks" and BMP-3 "Konkurs" systems. Target Lock doesnt work if i playing as a gunner. If I am commander and AI is a gunner he can easily lock and destroy a target if I ask him to do that. I tested this in editor too, but dint notice any difference.

Use your mouse cursor to guide them.

Use your mouse cursor to guide them.

I know how to do that (i played OFP and ARMA1)

But it doesn't work now. And I cant clearly remember when it begins. RMB (holding or pressing once) or Tab make no sense.

Looks like BIS didn't really understand how atgm's operated when putting them in the game, or the game engine is even more ancient than I thought :j:

Ok now i have really tested it

I put an M1a1 infront of me as empty vehicle. Could not lock target with shturm. I got out of my hind and got into the m1a1 and ejected so engine will remain on. I got into hind again as gunner and yes i can now lock onto it

It seems engine does have to be on for shturm to be able to lock...i don't agree with this.

Also tried it with USMC inside the M1A1 but had it on empty ammo otherwise theyd blast me. couldn't lock target with shturm. So i made waypoint for the M1A1 this time and to no suprise i could lock target since the engine must of been on when they are moving.