Sign in to follow this  
Heigou

Blinding sky/lightning problem.

First of all my specs.

Ati Radeon HD 3870 X2

Q9300 quad core 2.5 GHZ

4 GB of ram

Alright, so my problem is when in daytime I can't look at the sky, wether looking directly at the sun or in the opposite direction if I look too much at the sky my screen flickers then becomes a huge white flash, some of the colors also becomes weird and become purples or something.

And now at night time I have another problem, the lightning seems to change for no real reason when I use Nightvision and the intensity just seems to change, sometimes I can just see perfectly with the nightvision and then without looking somewhere else my nightvision just becomes dark and I can hardly see and I have to wait for my eyes (ingame) to get used to the lightning again.

What could be the problem?

I really need help, flying jets are impossible with that problem.

what are your settings in the ATI control panel? sounds like something is conflicting with the HDR in the game

what are your settings in the ATI control panel? sounds like something is conflicting with the HDR in the game

Could you be more specific?

I am running on 8.60-090316a1-079188C-Asus

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

It is the latest drivers for the Asus EAH3870X2 series

But ASUS is the drivers I need to use, I've used the one from ATI before and they are incompatible and leads to alot of graphical lags and glitch and etc.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I tried it anyway and I still have the same problem.

Heigou, if your using a Ati video card, you have to use Ati drivers if you want your video card to work properly, I have a ASUS motherboard also, but my video card is Nvidia so i use the latest drivers from Nvidia which is 190.38, plus my motherboard drivers. Sorry if you already are already doin that, but from my understanding you are just using your motherboard drivers? if you still have problems with the Ati drivers i suggest you try different versions, if the latest drivers are giving you problems, try an older version maybe, if that doesnt work then maybe the Non-Blinding Sun mod will work for you. good luck.

and

"sometimes I can just see perfectly with the nightvision and then without looking somewhere else my nightvision just becomes dark and I can hardly see and I have to wait for my eyes (ingame) to get used to the lightning again."

This happens for me also, but i think this might actually be a gameplay feature, not sure maybe sommeone else can confirm that.

Edited by WYZe1

I've tried a couple of drivers, they all work okay except the nightvision bug and the blinding sky bug.

what are your ingame settings? try turning post processing off if you have it on maybe. that might eliminate some of the glare.

So basically the game is broken? I shouldn't have to tune down graphics to get a working game :S

Heigou, if your using a Ati video card, you have to use Ati drivers if you want your video card to work properly, I have a ASUS motherboard also, but my video card is Nvidia so i use the latest drivers from Nvidia which is 190.38, plus my motherboard drivers. Sorry if you already are already doin that, but from my understanding you are just using your motherboard drivers? if you still have problems with the Ati drivers i suggest you try different versions, if the latest drivers are giving you problems, try an older version maybe, if that doesnt work then maybe the Non-Blinding Sun mod will work for you. good luck.

and

"sometimes I can just see perfectly with the nightvision and then without looking somewhere else my nightvision just becomes dark and I can hardly see and I have to wait for my eyes (ingame) to get used to the lightning again."

This happens for me also, but i think this might actually be a gameplay feature, not sure maybe sommeone else can confirm that.

Now that I read it again, I think he is referring to the normal HDR in the game.

Get the Fixed Range Nightvision mod which will enable/disable HDR with nightvision and stops the auto-adjust. You can still control the brightness with the keyboard, or re-enable auto adjust

but I don't want to have to download mods to get my goddamn game working, that's not how it should be.

but I don't want to have to download mods to get my goddamn game working, that's not how it should be.
The game runs CF and CFX fine if you use Crysis.exe as of the 9.7 cats. Arma2.exe is very flashy... But then since you own a X2, you know that CF and CFX will always flash a bit when just starting a game or atl-tab... or reset a ingame setting ect. It always settles down, if you use Vsysnc ( and you have no choice in rc7...) its a non issue. Rename is the ATI way.... So to recap,

arma2.exe= wacky lame flash and extreme lite or dark.

Crysis.exe= a very nicely lit game.

I love that light darkening night vision feature. How can you NOT like that??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! or when you mov ethe light darkens for a second.

the problem is I don't move, I am looking at the same place and my night vision just darken to the point where I can't see shit.

That is a feature like in real life. Look at the sun and it goes dark for you. Test it in real life and youll see.

If you dont like it then use the addon that removes it. Why should the developers remove realism because you dont like it? The reason this game rocks is because you can tailor the game as you want with addons that our community is kind enough to supply us with.

that's not realism, did yo even read? holy shit.

THE SKY IS BLINDING ME

NOT THE SUN THE GODDAMN SKY even if I look at the opposite direction of the sun my screen flickers then turns white, and my colors start fucking up.

So if that's realism then in real life when you check at the sky your eyes flickers then turn completely white and then your colors starts fucking up? you got some fucked up eyes.

So if that's realism then in real life when you check at the sky your eyes flickers then turn completely white and then your colors starts fucking up? you got some fucked up eyes.

No. But it sounds like you have some f..ked up graphic drivers.

that's not realism, did yo even read? holy shit.

THE SKY IS BLINDING ME

NOT THE SUN THE GODDAMN SKY even if I look at the opposite direction of the sun my screen flickers then turns white, and my colors start fucking up.

screenshots are worth a thousand words...

I'll post a screenshot in a few, I don't think it wont change much as screenshot can only take 1 frames so you won't see the horrible stuttering and etc.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Okay, add crazy stuttering lines to it and you got my problem, and that's looking at the sky, not the sun.

asfsafsdg.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Oh also, I was in a chopper in this pic.

that looks like a 8gb issue, but for sure a wacky driver issue.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

But ASUS is the drivers I need to use, I've used the one from ATI before and they are incompatible and leads to alot of graphical lags and glitch and etc.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I tried it anyway and I still have the same problem.

your drivers are old and the game is better with the 9.7, 8.632 Ati drivers will work, you just will loose the whole reason your game is borked; some ASUS OCing utility wizard carp app ect.

I have the exact same issue. I'll be walking along, generally facing towards an area of glare, and then the HDR goes crazy - it starts to flicker, getting brighter with each flicker, before totally whiting out the scene, and then returning to normal. It happens every few minutes, and only lasts about 10 seconds, so I've learnt to live with it.

ATI 4870x2

Catalyst 9.7

Win7 x64, all latest drivers