Sign in to follow this  
Apouh

FLIR v1.0

Hello !

Conversion of FLIR script by Gachopin (thx to him) into addon.

Updated to v1.1

- vehicles added :

AAVP

BMP3

LAV25

BTR90

vodnick

ZSU-23

2S6M Tunguska

UAV

- Add keymapping

- Signed

Download :

Armaholic

Filefront

This addon need the Community Base Addon (CBA) >>find it here<<

Work in single and multiplayer mode.

Enjoy !

Apouh

Edited by Apouh

Updated version 1.1 on Armaholic

Armaholic miror :

3-animation.png

Edited by tom_48_97
updated version ; adding miror

can u added it to light armors too like LAV 25 and such?

can u added it to light armors too like LAV 25 and such?

He will :)

We've talked about that yesterday (or Tuesday). He has just forgotten :)

Edited by tom_48_97
adding quote

Ok i need some advices.

Tel me which vehicles can handle FLIR vision and i realease an update very soon.

Could you add the option that all infantry/your own squad has the FLIR wether on foot or any vehicle? As many people use mods and instead of creating specific vehicles just attach it to the player and his squad.

And for that matter that you can save a certain setting after tunning it with Q and E buttons.

Thanks!

Edited by p75

A config would be nice to set manual level settings/defaults and own personal key mappings.

Also yes a version maybe with "FLIR Attached to all" would be nice, then again I guess that would be simply making use of the script version for tastes.

Anyway, this is great, both the original script version and now making it an addon, yet again another permanent mod for the arma2 list :)

Also yes its packaged not too great, no readme, nothing or any keys and such so yes that would need a polish off :)

A config would be nice to set manual level settings/defaults and own personal key mappings.

That is very important as many players dont use the default keysetup.

I see its only for tanks and helicopters. Add it to planes as well, script works on planes so there shouldnt be a problem, I hope.

Now all we need is for some genius to makea gib script, the effect would be awesome lol

Who's gonna meke it? is it hard to make?

F2

whats does FLIR do if i mind asking?

Looks like it modifies image intensification to appear a bit more like FLIR imagery. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with real FLIR, although the choice of runway as a backdrop makes it appear so at first glance. Of course men and machines contrast strongly against the runway texture in daylight or regular night vision also. Note that areas under the street lights are the "hottest" in the scene and that toward the end the fire and runway have little contrast, although their IR signatures would be vastly different. And unlike NV, FLIR is all weather and should offer imagery despite conditions like fog and smoke, but FLIR here performs the same as day optics and NVGs. It certainly looks nice in certain conditions, however.

Edited by akd42

Looks like it modifies image intensification to appear a bit more like FLIR imagery. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with real FLIR, although the choice of runway as a backdrop makes it appear so at first glance. Of course men and machines contrast strongly against the runway texture in daylight or regular night vision. Note that areas under the street lights are the "hottest" in the scene and that toward the end the fire and runway have little contrast, although their IR signatures would be vastly different. It certainly looks nice, however.

It is pseudo Flir. Still when you tweak it enough it works. It works good in Utes, not good in Chernarus. There it is less useful, especially near cities. Avgani on the other hand is good, really good.

Grtz

Edited by p75

Ok guys,

I need some help to create a configuration file with keymapping and other options like wich vehicles you want etc...

I think it's a .hpp file located somewhere, but how can i get a variable from this file in the script ?

It only works in editor and not in the campaign for me...

yeah i was confused as well at first.

only local and multiplayer means no single player and that means not in campaign, etc. it is strangley worded and hard to understand but that's what i took it to be.

this would be very good in SP.

Local mean this affect only your computer, not other players.

Work on SP mode for me.

I didnt test it in campaign mode sorry. But there's no reason.

Let me know if you find something, i check when i can.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Try to do my best and work on update with more vehicles, read me, ...

Apouh

(sorry my english is not very good^^ )