Sign in to follow this  
zolop0

Drag/Carry Players

How do we Drag/Carry Players in the Demo. I know this was a feature shown in many previews but want to actually use it in the demo. If not, is this a module in the retail version? For example a soldier on the Battlefield in Arma 2 cannot stand up or walk. I would like to use my squad as covering fire while I drag/carry him to safety to use my medic skill.

Thank you.

Walk up to them and select it in the same way you select weapons or give first aid.

You have to drag them first, then an option in the action menu to pick them up will appear.

You have to drag them first, then an option in the action menu to pick them up will appear.

Well been doing that. When one my teammates had his legs damaged in the demo, I could not walk up to drag or pick him up.

I need to find out which squad leader they syncronized the first aid module to in warfare Arma 2 Demo...and the other modules needed. Have to test out the "Seize the Area" too.

Thanks guys.

I did use the search feature but this question was in specific to the Arma 2 Demo, not the full editor nor the Retail version. Sadly the Arma 2 Demo Editor is seriously gimped interms of Modules, setting detailed WPs, etc.

The demo contains all the necessary modules to use Battlefield Clearance... and (aside from saving) the editor's no different than in the full version.

The demo contains all the necessary modules to use Battlefield Clearance... and (aside from saving) the editor's no different than in the full version.

Thank you Big Dawg. When I am making a new mission I use the wizard, that must be where my confusion lies.

I am trying to get people I know that will love the depth of this game, to get retail is the main reason why I have the demo still installed.

If I start up my retail version of Arma 2 (Singleplayer -> Editor) the editor is much, much better and the missions can be converted to multiplayer through that editor.

If I start up my retail version of Arma 2 (Singleplayer -> Editor) the editor is much, much better and the missions can be converted to multiplayer through that editor.

And that qualfies as (or requires at least) saving. Aside from that (and loading) the editors have exactly the same functionality. I will not deny however that not being able to save/load is a severe limitation.

Then my editor for the Arma 2 demo is borked because I don't have Units (F1) Waypoints (F2) Groups (F3) Syncronize (F4) Modules (F5) ? (F6) in my GUI..

In the full version I have 6 F keys I can use to change editing choices.

Are you sure we are talking about the same editor? I not at work right now, someplace else... but I'll double check when I get home Big Dawg I could just be oblivious.

Edited by zolop0

The demo definately had all of those. If it didn't it wouldn't even be possible to use the editor.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I was playing tonight and after shooting a teammate in the leg I still can not carry or drag him to safety. I tried as the Squad leader and the Corpsman. This was in a seize the area map. There was no option to drag this person. Does the person have to unconscious or semi conscious?

I found what you were talking about Big Dawg. I don't know how I missed the full version in the demo under singleplayer -> Editor. (like you except for saving).

Thanks for the help guys in advance, I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.