Sign in to follow this  
Dreossk

Orders unavailable

Hello, is it normal that I was never able to issue specific orders to my squad? In the coop campaign (Manhattan so far) and in the single player scenarios I can't give orders that are in the menu 1, menu 3 (open fire, engage) and menu 7 (stealth, danger, go prone, etc), I am only able to use some of the command menu (move there, regroup, etc) and the formations menu. The other orders are grayed out. Is it normal?

Yeah I noticed the same, and Im still trying to figure why they are grayed out. In the editor when working on my missions I encountered the same thing. Combat behaviour and fire commands are not available. Hope that somebody can enlighten us.

I haven't had a problem with it I don't think. Sometimes if someone is talking on sidechat (the blue text) you can't select them to order them so maybe that is part of it. Make sure they are selected.

Yeah I tried selecting the whole team I tried selecting single soldiers but combat behaviour and fire commands were always grayed out and couldn't be used. Well I guess I have to experiment still a lots of stuff and hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.

regards

nettrucker

I also experienced that some options in the quick menu seem to always be greyed... no matter what...

Hi everybody

I got some serious trouble commanding my AI team due to several orders which are unavailable.

- Unit Move

- Unit Fire Mode

- Command Unit

These commands are not accessable to me. They remain greyed out. I tried selecting whole group or single AI no matter what these commands are not active.

It's impossible to command AI effectively without these commands at your disposal.

Can anyone enlighten me. I did a search but the only thread which came up with this problem is this one.

Any advise would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

nettrucker

Solution:

Ok I figured it out.

For those who don't know it. Once the action menu pops up where you see the commands greyed out. To active these commands you need to select Group or single unit push 7 for selecting combat behaviour menue for e.g. and then select the desired Combat behaviour

It is slightly different than to ArmA 1. The same goes for Unit Fire Mode and all the other sub menus.

Regards

nettrucker

Edited by nettrucker
Solved my problem

Also when campaign storyline text and dialog is going on, the command menu is disabled (got caught by this several times and couldn't take my guys off 'hold fire' until it was too late)

I just realized that you were probably looking at the quick command menu which just pisses me off because it always gets in my way. I normally don't use stuff from off the list. I use the old list with the 1 - 0 commands.

Yeah just so stupid simple but I couldn't figure it out first hand. I was so used to OFP/ ARMA1 command menu, which made all sub menus available from beginning, that it took me some time: There was also another thread where people complained about the quick command menu, but I hadn't the game running by that time and forrgot about it. Anyway glad that it's solved.

Kind regards

nettrucker

Yeah the old commands work but don't appear on screen which is a bit weird. It's a good think I remember most of them. Sometimes I make mistakes but I quickly hit backspace and try again. No big deal really but it would be good to have the old command list appear in full.

Even though I know to hit "backspace" first to get the options, I still hit ~ or single ai key, just out of habit.:o

Edited by SWAT_BigBear