Sign in to follow this  
fer

F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

Both versions of the casualty cap fire shortly after mission start. For the regular version, this ends the mission immediately. When I commented out the regular version and left advanced, it fired the custom code immediately. Custom groupIDs were used. They were set to different percentages. I suspect very strongly it's because they conflicted with respawns.

First thing to do is this:

1. Enable only one of the Casualty Cap components.

2. Set it to fire only on 100% casualties.

3. Run the the mission in F2 Debug Mode.

4. Monitor the sidechat to see what values it gives for the variables "_grps" "_started" and "_remaining".

What you should see is a list of your named groups (_grps) (assuming they are not empty), then an initial count for units in those groups (_started) and then a count for currently alive units in those groups (_remaining). This should help narrow down the issue.

First thing to do is this:

1. Enable only one of the Casualty Cap components.

2. Set it to fire only on 100% casualties.

3. Run the the mission in F2 Debug Mode.

4. Monitor the sidechat to see what values it gives for the variables "_grps" "_started" and "_remaining".

What you should see is a list of your named groups (_grps) (assuming they are not empty), then an initial count for units in those groups (_started) and then a count for currently alive units in those groups (_remaining). This should help narrow down the issue.

I don't actually see those variables (perhaps chat won't scroll enough?), but I do see a listing of all my named groups (f_var_groups_BLU), another listing of all the OPFOR groups in the mission (f_var_groups_OPF) and yet another listing for both together (f_var_groups). A final listing is called '_grpstemp = [ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY]'

I don't actually see those variables (perhaps chat won't scroll enough?), but I do see a listing of all my named groups (f_var_groups_BLU), another listing of all the OPFOR groups in the mission (f_var_groups_OPF) and yet another listing for both together (f_var_groups). A final listing is called '_grpstemp = [ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY]'

PageUp/PageDown will allow you to scroll through the sidechat. Are you running this test on a dedicated server, or hosting on your own machine (this is a local host test, sorry if I did not mention it before)?

Even if the Casualty Cap were to fire on its first count, you would still see sidechat messages for "_started" and "_remaining" a least once.

Is this the built in stuff or scripted? Because while playing Domination everyone in the rain area will end up complaining about it at the same time from what I remember?

This is because Domination and Evolution uses a trigger-based weather, just covering a certain area, and it tells all clients in that zone what their weather should be.

That is not the same as a mission-specific weather that covers the whole map.

Neither of the weather systems are automatically synced, but the first does so per design. One can sync the weather across all clients otherwise as well if one wants to, but it has to be specifically coded to do so, since it doesn't happen automatically.

Neither of the weather systems are automatically synced, but the first does so per design. One can sync the weather across all clients otherwise as well if one wants to, but it has to be specifically coded to do so, since it doesn't happen automatically.

To your knowledge, does the code-driven synching extend to cover aspects of storms like lightning and rain? Naturally one can re-broadcast weather settings from the server, but to my knowledge there is no direct control over those two details.

Oh, hmm.. That I don't have a clue about actually. :(

That was the shortcoming in ArmA, hence the removal of the storm conditions when we migrated to ArmA2.

Glad to have F2 for Arma2 Fer. Now I can start chipping away at my Coop ideas for Arma2. Thanks for the release.

Playing with it some more, it seems the gear assignment does only run after mission is launched. In briefing my units still have default gear on, and anything chosen (via use of description.ext) will be overridden once the mission starts.

Any way to make the gear assignment run during briefing so that you can modify your assigned loadout and keep the modifications when the mission starts? That is, without running to an ammo box at the start of the mission.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

How flexible is the marker system? If I increase the size of a fireteam, or include classes such as crewmen? Does it properly use vehicles?

x 2 for above issue with getting gear before mission starts.

Also spectating script not working 100%, not able to select character to follow. Probably simple fix, but cannot test until tonight.

// KEGsShownSides = [west, east, resistance, civilian];

Mine looks like this:

// KEGsShownSides = [west];

Do I just remove the // from the start?

I'm having a hell of a time getting the gear assignment to work with respawn. Unlike ST, my group doesn't use the single respawn method, so something somewhere is interferring with the respawn process. I've been unable to make it run weapon assisgnment (keeping whatever has changed) + briefing run after respawn.

Are player eventhandlers written somewhere in the code that I'm not seeing? Or anyone have any ideas about how to get this working in a Respawn at Base style mission?

x 2 for above issue with getting gear before mission starts.

Also spectating script not working 100%, not able to select character to follow. Probably simple fix, but cannot test until tonight.

// KEGsShownSides = [west, east, resistance, civilian];

Mine looks like this:

// KEGsShownSides = [west];

Do I just remove the // from the start?

Thanks for the feedback Tinker!

If the spectator script sees that KEGsShownSides isNil or commented out as you have it, then it will set it to all sides (ie KEGsShownSides = [west, east, resistance, civilian]; is the default).

Therefore you do not have to remove the // from the start unless you want to. Only if you do not want all sides.

As you know in SQF, "//" is used for comment statements and is ignored. So if you want that statement KEGsShownSides = [west]; to be recognized then yes remove the "//". This change however will probably not solve your apparent issue.

Please describe in more detail "not able to select character to follow."

For example, can you select a player but the camera doesn't change?

Are you NOT getting a list of player names to select and therefor cannot select a player?

Are they a list of AI players?

Do you have Filter AI enabled at the time of this issue?

Is anyone else other than Tinker having this same issue?

Edited by ViperMaul
Added a comment about "//"

No list of players to be seen. 5 in server on a dedi.

Not sure about filter AI, will check again next time I see anyone.

Let's get together Tinker. I will send you a PM.

Will post the answer/results after one is found.

Edited by ViperMaul

Thnx for the help, as you see, not even using the F2 files. Will clean out my folders of other scripts and start it over.

:)

I was trying to modify the gear script but there is one thing I couldn't do, which is add GPS to the inventory. Any idea how to add those kinds of items?

_unit addweapon "ItemGPS";

Problems I'm still having with this is weapon assignment after respawn.

Ideally I'd like to be able to strip everyone's weapons and reassign them to default via an action from the commander. This is for parade ground formations. We line up with no weapons, but the amount of time spent running to the ammo crates and dumping stuff then getting back and having to do it all again before heading out to a mission is insane. :)

Edited by kylania

AAS has nice weapon saving via action menu when at the ammo box. I wish all missions that use ammo crates would use that (heck you could probably even save weapons picked at briefings in a similar fashion so if you join at the start you never have to visit the ammo box).

I'm still having some buggy issues with description.ext weapons (picking weapons in briefing), at least when hosting and/or joining a hosted mission, even on a simple mission with practically nothing in it other than a very basic description.ext and some units and high command.

Yeah, I'm using the EVOlution style 'rearm and save' method, and it's tracking the items, but after respawn people are defaulting to the BIS default loadout.

Any way to make the gear assignment run during briefing so that you can modify your assigned loadout and keep the modifications when the mission starts? That is, without running to an ammo box at the start of the mission.

Not at present.

How flexible is the marker system? If I increase the size of a fireteam, or include classes such as crewmen? Does it properly use vehicles?

The ShackTactical Group Markers are not dynamically generated, they are initiated using lines placed in the file:

f\common\ShackTac_setLocalGroupMarkers.sqf

Open that up and you'll see a separate line for each fireteam etc. To add your own additional groups simply follow the same format. Changing the size and/or composition of an existing fireteam (from the ShackTactical Platoons) will not afffect its Group marker.

The ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers component is dynamically generated; if you add or subtract units from an existing fireteam (from the ShackTactical Platoons) this component will cope automatically. It will also work automatically for players in new groups that you create.

It seems that when using team switch (respawn=5 in description.ext) bugs out the fireteam member markers. Not a big deal for a PvP mission with no respawns, though, but a problem when you want to make a coop with AI and respawn=5 mission.

It seems that when using team switch (respawn=5 in description.ext) bugs out the fireteam member markers. Not a big deal for a PvP mission with no respawns, though, but a problem when you want to make a coop with AI and respawn=5 mission.

Good point ... will investigate ways of easily re-initialising the relevent F2 scripts when a player team-switches or respawns.

Very Good Job this framework, I love it :p

Congratulations to Shack Tactical :)

During Mission editing on ArmA2 I was a little bit annoyed with your framework and more particulary with the stringtable.csv file...

For some traductions in my mission i add some line to this file but the traduction doesn't work :(

It appears that ArmA2 doesn't understand the syntax "@STR_name marker" placed in the Text field of a marker, for traduction with the stringtable.csv file.

But with à stringtable.xml file, it works !

(Read this topic for more details)

So, i was obliged to traduct the stringtable.csv file in a brand new stringtable.xml file.

Now, I have the stringtable file of the Framwork in XML format. I wonder if you are interested in ? :rolleyes:

Now, I have the stringtable file of the Framwork in XML format. I wonder if you are interested in ? :rolleyes:

Yes please, we'd be very interested to see it.

To your knowledge, does the code-driven synching extend to cover aspects of storms like lightning and rain? Naturally one can re-broadcast weather settings from the server, but to my knowledge there is no direct control over those two details.

Just a little enquiry about the weather system :)

Did anything change in 1.03 or have you guys figured out how to synch it across all clients?

Cheers,

Eth