Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

Hybrid View

Gunnery Sergeant

F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

New Release: F2 v2-7-3 (for Combined Operations)

From the ReadMe.txt file:

2-7-3 | 07 JUL 2013
    Hot fix: Fixed Kegetys Spectator Script component (broken by ACRE Support component).
    Note: to fix missions built with F2 v2-7-2 simply update f/common/f_spect/specta.sqf with the version from F2 v2-7-3.

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Huge thanks to current contributors and testers, comrades Wolfenswan, Cam, IceRaiser and Kalelovil, and to all at Folk ARPS.

Corporal
    You just made my day
    Thanks for the awesome work.

Looks great!

This looks pretty amazing! I can not wait to try it later on at home. I love designing MP missions and this should save tons of times and make it easier!

Quick question:
    Will the fireteam makers work with fire teams in your own group?
    Will this work with High Command Module groups? (since they have their own markers)

Thanks for great work.

Congratz Fer!

Not sure if realistic, yet at least in the long run the dream.

Written for another project. Does apply here just the same I think.

A team project?
    All tasks of the project are a huge effort. That includes coding, both fixing and creating
    new features and missions, documentation, website, communication, promoting and more.

So realistically the only way I can see this project keeping its edge is to transform it
    into a team project at the first step.

Of course there must be a basic agreement how it will work. Coding standards and proper
    documentation are very important parts of that.

Even more a cooperation with the PVP script pack of sbsmac and Devastation
    by Dr Eyeball is the way to go.
    Finally the Server side only script addon approach, if working, would allow the system
    of an unified team approach made library back end for any type of mission.
    So the back end is coded in a team effort, and the mission is only used for configuration
    (mission type, zone, units basically).
    Server side only script addon approach

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBravo View Post
    Will the fireteam makers work with fire teams in your own group?
    A (ShackTac) fireteam in F2 corresponds to a specific group (to use the ArmA2 term), so the markers cannot be used to show fireteams which are all part of the same group. For example, the standard ShackTac squad contains three fireteams, but each is a separate group in the editor. If you want to use your own formations (but stick to making fireteams separate groups), it's easy to adapt the component to support your custom group names.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBravo View Post
    Will this work with High Command Module groups? (since they have their own markers)
    At present if you run HC at the same time you will see both sets of markers on the HC interface. We're working on integrating better support for HC, so please watch for future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    We're already a multi-party development team (and have been for years), so not sure what you mean, Kju. As regards making this server-side, that isn't in scope at all. Like BAS f, F2 has been written with scripts that are (hopefully) easy for editors to access and understand themselves. The intent is not only to provide functionality, but also to help editors understand and gain confidence working with scripts. A black box approach would not deliver that important benefit.

Does it have a support for Russian language as it was in BAS f?? I mean is there a manual in Russian??

Gunnery Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by exall View Post
    Does it have a support for Russian language as it was in BAS f?? I mean is there a manual in Russian??
    Yes, there is a manual in Russian being written here:

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/ru/ (Russian version)

This may not be 100% up to date, but we will be working to get that completed in the following weeks.

Excellent news, Fer!!

Hopefully I can solve couple of dedicated server issues with a mission I'm working with.
    I loved this in arma1.

Keep up the good work.

Really Ggreat to see this, spent all last night brushing up on Armascript.
    Time to start digging around!! woo!
    You ask what is the greatest failing in you? You keep accounts badly: You rate high what you have paid out but low what you have been paid."
    ― Seneca
    The angry person is acutely sensitive to all they are owed by the world, and blind to all they have received”

― Jules Evans, Philosophy for Life: And Other Dangerous Situations

My ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker Tickets: 04/06/14
    0018210: Weapon fire mode switch can be heard for hundreds of meters.
    0008938: Reloading weapon / placing explosive / switching firemode is audible far away from source

PC Fractal Design Node 304 | Win7 64bit | Core i7 4770k 3.50ghz | 8GB | Geforce GTX650Ti BOOST | SSD 256GB 830 Tiny but MIGHTY!

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast