Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Else Can I Do?

What Else Can I Do?

Guys,
    This is my first post here and I feel I just need to ask why this game refuses to play well on my system.

Spec:
    i7 920 OC 3.7Ghz
    6GB DDR3 Dominator
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    EVGA GTX 295 - NV 190.38
    Dual Monitor setup - Dell 2407 & Dell 1907

Basically I am having all sorts of problems be it crashing to desktop, but the main problem is that no matter what I do I can not get this game to run over 30fps.

Even when I put all the settings to low it still runs at about 29fps, what gives?

I have tried everything, -winxp, -maxmem2047, altering the .cfg, downloading EVGA SLi enhancement but the game still runs terribly.

I would have given up a long time ago but I really like the game.

If there is any advice left then I am all ears but I feel the only solution is for a further patch.
    Last edited by xxSlyViPeRxx; Jul 26 2009 at 16:53.

There are other posts here with system exhitibing the same issues. If it was solid 29fps then most gamers would be ok with that but as it dips and rises in random areas but more likely dips in and near towns then it doesn't help gameplay.

Do a search as another user also posted the same (may be similar system) and tested lots of different resolutions.

For me, I have now turned Post Processing off which helped although the PP should have been masking the low FPS.

But like many here, the magic 1.03 patch of all patches that is being secretly worked on is going to be the one that makes everyone forget all the issues they had, and we will look back in 6 months time and laugh at these posts... all mine included.
    Specs: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P | AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz | Sapphire RADEON HD 7850 (Latest Cats) CCC |8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel |Samsung 2232BW 22" LCD & Hanns-G HH281 28" LCD | X-Fi Ultimate Gamer (5.1) | LiteOn DH20A4P DVD-RW | Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick | Win7 Ultimate

ouch! an expensive rig with 30 fps? i get that on my rig. Check other posts, i think there is a new driver for your nVidia card.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 | Evga GTX 560 ti DS 1 GB | PC Power & Cooling Crossfire 750W | E8400 OC 3.8 | 4GB DDR2
    Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ! How many times do we need to tell people this. The software is broken so i don't care what you do the problem will not be fixed.
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Intel i7-930 Corsair H-70 push/pull
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 240GB
    Corsair XMS 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3-1600 7-8-7-20
    XFX HD 5850 Black Edition 975/1130 Vcore 1.20v
    Corsair-750HX

Quote Originally Posted by Indecisi0n View Post
    THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ! How many times do we need to tell people this. The software is broken so i don't care what you do the problem will not be fixed.
    Indeed they should make a sticky telling people to stop waisting there time on trying to fix something that is broken in the core. The dice is lying on BIS their side of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSlyViPeRxx View Post
    Guys,
    This is my first post here and I feel I just need to ask why this game refuses to play well on my system.

Spec:
    i7 920 OC 3.7Ghz
    6GB DDR3 Dominator
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    EVGA GTX 295 - NV 190.38
    Dual Monitor setup - Dell 2407 & Dell 1907

Basically I am having all sorts of problems be it crashing to desktop, but the main problem is that no matter what I do I can not get this game to run over 30fps.

Even when I put all the settings to low it still runs at about 29fps, what gives?

I have tried everything, -winxp, -maxmem2047, altering the .cfg, downloading EVGA SLi enhancement but the game still runs terribly.

I would have given up a long time ago but I really like the game.

If there is any advice left then I am all ears but I feel the only solution is for a further patch.
    Don't feel bad man I get about the same. 25-35.
    I've tweaked settings till I'm blue in the face and I get about the same performance on high, normal and low.
    Strange

Master Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Fansadox View Post
    Indeed they should make a sticky telling people to stop waisting there time on trying to fix something that is broken in the core. The dice is lying on BIS their side of the table.
    Don't see how you can say it's broken when it's not.

The VAST majority of the problems are hardware related , NOT software.

I'm getting a fairly regular 35 - 50 FPS (using FRAPS to measure) on my system which is WAY below the OP's specs with settings between normal and high and 100% fill.

So . if I can get this with my hardware , if you can't get the same or better with a higher end system the only things that comes to mind are hardware issues.

Two camps, those who feel the game is working as it should and the FPS are what you should expect for such a complex game with some graphical improvements over ArmA 1, the other camp do not... Hardware aside, the game is not running as it should (i'm on that camp).

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Don't see how you can say it's broken when it's not.

The VAST majority of the problems are hardware related , NOT software.

I'm getting a fairly regular 35 - 50 FPS (using FRAPS to measure) on my system which is WAY below the OP's specs with settings between normal and high and 100% fill.

So . if I can get this with my hardware , if you can't get the same or better with a higher end system the only things that comes to mind are hardware issues.
    35 - 50 FPS on a system way below those specs you say? I want to see a screen shot of that. Even my squadmate running a system similar to mine on SLI doesn't get 50 FPS unless you are talking about on the loading screen.
    No way your getting 50 fps in game on high man.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
    Well I dont have any problems with any other games only this one.

How could you even say its my hardware. I have been building computers for a long time and can assure you there is nothing wrong with my hardware.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast