Sign in to follow this  
Fods

Random Crackling or Sudden Sharp Sounds? anyone running SoundMAX?

Im also getting this problem (crackling and random, sharp cracks). with a fresh install on XP +

1 - Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail + World In Conflict PC Game

1 - Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

1 - Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 Glaciator+ 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

1 - Corsair Dominator XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9D Twin3X

1 - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

it seems since i Installed and Configured SoundMAX with my 5.1 Medusa ProGamer headphones i have the problem, disabling SoundMAX seems to fix it, but then i dont get the 5.1 sound benefit (Including the booming bass/sub woofers in the headphones ).

anyone had much luck or have ARMA working with SoundMAX?

I'm using Soundmax also but I don't get the same issues. Are you sure everything is set up correctly in Windows? If you go into Hardware and Sound, make sure your output (playback) is set up correctly. Make sure you've selected your headphones as the output instead of speakers or something like that

I have a P6T Deluxe V2 and the sound is fine here. I have installed Vista Enterprise 32bit, WinXP Pro, and Windows 7 Ultimate and haven't had any issues at all with the sound.

Now FPS, CTD, BSOD with Arma 2 is another story!!

I use soundmax and have no major issues...ASUS P5E v702 Q6600 3Ghz XP Pro SP3 32bit

I get random instances of my sound cutting out when firing rifles, then it comes back.

Running SoundMax as well.

My soundcard is the SupremeFX X-Fi on a Crosshair III mobo. Fyi.

Edited by Shataan

I get random instances of my sound cutting out when firing rifles, then it comes back.

Running SoundMax as well.

ditto!

same here random Crackling and team speak cuts out also at the same time breifly for a few seconds ??? any help?

Im using creative mediasource ? .trying to disable various effects no joy?

i have a standart sound card, with soundmax. i used to have the normal windows icon for sound at the right corner. but now i have disabled soundmax icon. still same