Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 editor Video Tutorial dvd?

I am a keen video editor and 3D animator using programs such as 3ds max, poser adobe after effects etc... And basically when people want to learn a program there are countless tutorial DVDS with hours of content. So Is there anything like that for arma 2 mission editor? If not would someone be interested in putting one together? I have tried looking on youtube for video tutorials and yes there are a few but most are pretty much the same only explianing the basics, and when it comes to setting up tasks, planning airstrikes, deciding if your mission was completed or failed or even creating a mission briefing there are none or they dont explain very much. I have read the editor manual back to back and still made no sense of it, I think i speak for a few people on here that they can learn at double the pace if they was shown a visual representation of how to do it. If someone put together a thorough DVD that would answer most questions, then this editing area of the forum probably wouldnt be so congested and repeat questions may not always come up.

Just an idea

Dave

Edited by Archamedes

Is that like an add on for the editor which makes it easier to use, cos thats what it looks like

Wonderful idea. It will strengthen the community output!

Read about RTE V, several videos available.

Here you will the RTE V for A2 alpha release.

Tried installing it and it didnt work, I got loads of errors when trying to load up my arma 2 and i got no map editor, but i dont think it will help with scripts and triggers help which i originally posted about having in depth tutorials

Edited by Archamedes