Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Razor 2 Walkthrough

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, I know, but I haven't played a sim like this since Op:Fl, which was 7 years ago now, and I can't figure out how to order the helicopter to move me. The squad control explanation seems somewhat lacking in this. I ordered this on Steam, so I didn't get any sort of manual with explanation of controls, and I'm muddling my way through this.

So;

1. I already got my squad to mount the chopper, how do I command it to move?

2. Anyone have a good tutorial for these types of questions? I spent a little time searching, but my google-fu appears to be lacking today.

Thanks!

I think you need to select the chopper from the communication menu, then bring up your map and just left click on the location that you want it to go to. Or it may be as simple as left clicking on the map once you are in the chopper.

Ok, this is going to sound stupid, I know, but I haven't played a sim like this since Op:Fl, which was 7 years ago now, and I can't figure out how to order the helicopter to move me. The squad control explanation seems somewhat lacking in this. I ordered this on Steam, so I didn't get any sort of manual with explanation of controls, and I'm muddling my way through this.

So;

1. I already got my squad to mount the chopper, how do I command it to move?

2. Anyone have a good tutorial for these types of questions? I spent a little time searching, but my google-fu appears to be lacking today.

Thanks!

I have a similar problem. I have figured out how to move the helicopter with my squad by indicating with the left mouse button. But twice now in this mission I have been asked to be picked up within the wooded area near the middle X on the map. The helicopter acknowledges and flies over ahead and because of the trees cannot land. Fair enough, so my squad and I run to a clearing and reorder the helicopter to pick us up using the communication command. I get a call from the helicopter that they are coming, but they never do. It stays at the original spot hoovering. I then get in a car with my squad and drive toward the lower X. I ask the helicopter again to pick us up, but he stays over the 2nd X. I know this because I can see his symbol on my map over the X. So at this point the helicopter is useless and I have only 20 mins to capture the bad guy.

Do you guys know if I am doing anything wrong. Maybe there should or is a way to cancel that original command to be picked up in the forest. Is there a way to tell him where on map to pick us up? I tried the left mouse after our pickup order but it didn't seem to work. But it does work when he asks where you want to go.

I decided to play the campaign again after upgraded to 1.04 to see if there is any improvement but, HECK NO!

I tried to again step by step following the clues, collected all evidences until receiving the 20-mins message. I landed on south of Gorka and after just about a minute I got message of that Loopotev was escaped... SUCKS!! You don't have 20 but 5 d*mned mins only!!

So I tried again! After talked to Dressler, I skipped everything and go to the known places directly. Again, of cause, failed many times and reload previous saves... In the progress of "retry", I'm pretty sure that the starting location of Bardak is random.

Because few months ago when I first time captured him was just behind the electric plant. I went there again this time but no sign of him. Then I tried the quarry. When I talked to a pair of villagers I suddenly saw him running away at the far end of the road in front of me. Then I ran after him but lost him... after a few tries he was not found again.

In the last retry, there was a weird moment... when I was waiting my helo, the mission ended suddenly with victory but Bardak is killed!!! Hey, I even hadn't start search for him and he was dead???? I have to start the whole mission again!!

This time I think I should follow this walkthrough, so I flied to Vyshnoye, and I got the Jackpot! After landed for a few minutes, I saw Bardak driving his blue sedan leaving the castle so I stopped him and captured him! What a terrible experience!!!

So these should be the possible starting locations:

1. Electric plant

2. Castle

3. Quarry

4. Northern camp (not confirm by myself, but some players said so)

The key of success of this mission is to capture Bardak at his starting place!

Hey BI guys! If you see this, please listen:

We want some playable and enjoyable mission instead of such buggy and loose scripted crap!

In the last retry, there was a weird moment... when I was waiting my helo, the mission ended suddenly with victory but Bardak is killed!!! Hey, I even hadn't start search for him and he was dead????
hahahah...this happened to me when I cleared the northern camp and was about to move to the castle. The heli got shot down and I had to walk there. The APC was always in close distance and my sniper spotted a man near that APC. All of sudden the mission was over as quoted, I guess the APC shot Bardak LOL

My funniest moment in this mission was at the northern camp. I tend to use the HMMWV to drive around with, and when I got there I parked it and started walking up the hill. I think (not sure) I spotted him and triggered some chat stuff, but somehow I missed him. Well, we cleared the camp, and returned to the HMMWV - which was no longer there. Bardak the thief stole it, and used our vehicle to successfully escape.

This last time I tried using the chopper transport. I used the UAV to map out "stay out of" zones, talked to that guy in the camp and set off. I didn't really think I wasted that much time, but again I'm not able to complete all objectives before I have to race Bardak or let him escape. This time though, he drove right under the transport chopper, and I tried minigunning his tires out - I failed, he died :)

So, my biggest issue with this mission is the auto end. I'd rather have to get back to base when I think I'm finished, and try spending time on the rest of the evidence. Trying to play it safe and by the book (as designer intended), I am way out of time. I have yet to complete everything, after so many restarts.

Is there any improvement of these missions after 1.05 patch? Today we past Razor Two mission by chauting Bordak on the road to Gorka by car. We surrounded him and he surrended. Then happends this - the game goes back to the mission list, starting Razor Two again! Also our saves middle the mission are lost. I can't fucking believe this shit!

Can I cheat somehow to skip this?

hmm, did not read enough of the manual and threads around, but... is collection of the evidence neccessary? I had a firefight in staroye where olegich asks for help (disgusting voice acting btw). all of a sudden a truck appears and a man runs along it. happens to be it's bardak - arrested (first try: cut scene and got killed by shots all around me not being able to shoot back because of scene, second try: let him run behind the hill and then arresting him). mission ends - not able to collect the other evidence. is this a problem?

hmm, did not read enough of the manual and threads around, but... is collection of the evidence neccessary? I had a firefight in staroye where olegich asks for help (disgusting voice acting btw). all of a sudden a truck appears and a man runs along it. happens to be it's bardak - arrested (first try: cut scene and got killed by shots all around me not being able to shoot back because of scene, second try: let him run behind the hill and then arresting him). mission ends - not able to collect the other evidence. is this a problem?

It's normal. The mission designed to be ended after Bardak is captured.

Wow, its totally retarded that you need to find all the evidence and Bardak last...

Can someone script their way of that one please?

Wow, its totally retarded that you need to find all the evidence and Bardak last...

Nice....

Seriously though, there are some more and some less valuable evidence pieces scattered throughout the campaign. Some of them (the most important ones) are even primary mission goals. You really don't have to worry that when a mission ends before you found all the evidence you'll be punished later.

Nice....

Seriously though, there are some more and some less valuable evidence pieces scattered throughout the campaign. Some of them (the most important ones) are even primary mission goals. You really don't have to worry that when a mission ends before you found all the evidence you'll be punished later.

Wrong.

In coop the game just throws you back to mission select if we haven't found all the evidence (our theory).

That or it is just completely broken.

We've caught Bardak with no evidence at all -> back to mission select.

We've caught Bardak with 2/4 evidence -> back to mission select.

Mission doesn't complete correctly.

We are starting to become frustrated. We wanna complete this damn thing and move on.

I can now confirm that it doesn't work at all.

We gathered all the evidence, and intercepted Barka in Gorka.

The mission complete screen was onscreen for a split second, then we were thrown back to the mission select. :(

I think I captured Bardak in Gorka but I'm not sure.

I got the time limit call, flew to Gorka, and put my team on the main intersection. I noticed a man walking around on the main road so I followed him. Then I heard a car start up. As it drove toward me I pointed my weapon at it, and the driver got out and laid on the ground. I got 4-5 simultaneous messages from Battlemage, and then was tossed to the results screen with everything completed. I guess I got him :)

Updated: It seems what I was might not actually be a bug. The task shows as completed even when you haven't captured Bardak; it's just to indicate you've "found" the car he's driving, from what I can tell. To complete the mission you need to physically stop the vehicle he's in and capture him.

---

I'm using the Steam (1.07) version of ArmA II, and encountered a bug towards the end of this mission. Having explored several of the possible locations by following the trail of clues, I received the "20 minute message" about the red hatchback trying to escape north.

However, a minute after I began driving towards the location, I got the message that the task for capturing Bardak had been completed. However; the mission didn't end. I'm guessing I need to restart the mission from scratch.

At that point I hadn't collected any of the evidence pieces (though I had found a very golden AK47).

Edited by Caddrel

I had an awesome experience the first time I completed this mission. Ran around madly and got all the evidence, which was quite good in itself, seeing as the last point was alive with Chedaki - I basically did a quick in/quick out over the northern side of the hill. Just as we pulled out with the photos, 7.62x54 bringing down tree branches behind us, I got the message from Battlemage.

"Right," I thought, "screw this."

I whipped up the boys and all but shoved them into the HMMWV we'd pulled up in. Then I floored it and headed north to Gorka.

I arrived at Gorka's western edge after a close miss with a Chedaki BMP taking cannon shots at us, turned into the main street, and, well, well, well. A red hatchback speeding towards us. I informed the men to brace and, engine bellowing, our HMMWV leapt east towards the VW, neither car bothering to slow down. Needless to say, Bardak came off second best. We bailed out and from behind the smoke a bloody and bruised Bardak attempted to flee into the nearest barn.

We pinned the bastard down trying to hide in a pile of hay. It was an awesome way to finish a frustrating mission, and will probably be one of my fondest ArmA 2 memories.

I've Just picked up arma 2 after wanting to play it for a long time. I, like many, am having issues with the Razor 2 mission. So i followed the walkthrough on page 1 and as I write this i'm currently standing in the woods just outside Gorka on the south road. I've been here since about 11.30 (game time) and it's currently 12.15. I've got all the evidence on the map and i'm just wondering when i should expect bardak? if ever?

I know this is an old thread but i'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Thanks guys and gals.

BTW i've got the steam version so i'm running the latest patches

*UPDATE*

Well i finally did it. I ended up loading Combined OPs and doing it in there. The capture was kinda funny coz i was looking at the map at the time and i heard a car so i dropped out of the map view, slowed down the time and saw bardak. I ran after him popping shots off around the car and calling back my red team (i sent 3 and 4 to watch the other south road that is west of the one bardak uses, just to be sure). He pulled over after about 30 metres and just sat there. The objective complete message flagged up but nothing happened, So i shot out all four tyres and got in the car! and told my team to do the same. Once they did he tried to abduct us! so i ordered them out and also did the same and then he tried to run me down. The team surrounded the car and after a lame attempt at getting away he jumped out and pegged it 10 metres later i'm done.

I'm so glad i can finally progress through the game and i have to say that OA/com ops(?) does seem a lot less buggy for me. Looks better for the same performance too

Edited by M3PH
extra info added

In order for the trigger to have Bardak leave the area and go to Gorka, do you have to talk to Dressler first? In my playthrough I've gathered all other intelligence and am just sitting around on the road by Gorka and the message that they are fleeing hasn't shown up after approximately 20 minutes of waiting :(

Just recently knows that bardak can be captured alive actually :( from this thread

I had him but unfortunately when he were trying to run even after I had my Humvee blocked on his red hatchback and shoot his tires , still he could managed to find a way around avoided my blocking humvee. So Iam got nervous soon, afraid that he would be able to escape, so started to shot him like mad and it was ended by his car burnt and not long after mission end and told me that bardak tried to resisted the arrest so he should be killed :)

Iam too lazy to replay or revert the mission again :D

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

In order for the trigger to have Bardak leave the area and go to Gorka, do you have to talk to Dressler first? In my playthrough I've gathered all other intelligence and am just sitting around on the road by Gorka and the message that they are fleeing hasn't shown up after approximately 20 minutes of waiting :(

I think in order to trigger the report that bardak are about to leave head toward gorka or kravnostav is you should check those 3 x marks that had been given by Dressler in CDF HQ near starting position in the mission. After you are finish on third camp which in my case is the northest camp and the last camp that I had checked, the game will be saved automatically and that's where you will be informed by shaftoe about Bardak leaving for stated area.:rolleyes:

This can also mean one of the following things:

1) Bardak has lost a vehicle and AFAIK he is not scripted to escape the mission area by walking.

2) Bardak has hit some obstable or run out of fuel and is just sitting in his car moving his wheel.

3) You have accidentally gone close enough Bardak to make him leave his initial scripted path and original vehicle, so he could be hiding somewhere like under gas station roof or inside a barn.

This can also mean one of the following things:

1) Bardak has lost a vehicle and AFAIK he is not scripted to escape the mission area by walking.

2) Bardak has hit some obstable or run out of fuel and is just sitting in his car moving his wheel.

3) You have accidentally gone close enough Bardak to make him leave his initial scripted path and original vehicle, so he could be hiding somewhere like under gas station roof or inside a barn.

When i find him he's going to be feel sorry for himself. I will throw him on a canoe and kick his sorry *ss to sea!