Sign in to follow this  
Da Bomb

Razor 2 Walkthrough

Note: you must follow this walkthrough EXACTLY if you want to complete all the objectives.

1. Travel via helicopter to the base and talk to Dressler. He will mark 3 spots on your map.

2. Go to the quarry west of Lopotev's hometown. Kill the three Chedaki there and take the dog tags. To find the dog tags (The bag is impossible to find in the grass) simply select one of your units, press 6, and select "Take dog tags". Your man should run up to the dead guy who dropped the tags. Look around his body until you find them. If this isn't working for you, you can just turn down the detail in the option menu and the bag sticks out like a sore thumb.

2. Travel to to the northern most X on your map (It should have been marked by Dressler). After you wipe out the guys at the camp, go inside the tent and take the photos.

3. Go to Vyshnoye. A little to the south is a castle. Inside it is an abandoned Chedaki camp. On a table next to a tent there is a mapcase. Take it.

4. Fly over to Gorka. There is a road heading south from the center of the town. Travel down it for a little while, but make sure not to get too far from the town. Now wait off to the side of the road. About this time you'll get a message that Lopotev is trying to escape and you have 20 minutes to catch him. Just wait (I use fast forward because depending on how fast you moved you may be waiting for a while) and you'll see a red car comming up the road. Inside is Bardak (One of his minions might be in the car with him. For me it was just Bardak but be prepared for anything!). Shoot out the tires and if there is a guy with Bardak then kill him too but don't shoot Bardak. If he runs, just chase after him for a little while (He won't get far) and you'll eventually get a cutscene where you arrest him.

Now you're probably wondering where the 4th piece of evidence went. Well, Bardak IS the 4th piece of evidence, so as long as you collect the other three pieces before catching Bardak, you should get full credit. Also note, Lopotev is not catchable. Don't bother looking for him because he's not in the level. Another thing, Bardak can also be found at any of the three places where you obtain evidence. When he's not at any of the three locations then he's traveling between them. If you want to complete the objective, you need to get all three before you capture him because once you do, the mission ends. Because of this, you must move as quickly as possible or you might run into him.

I hope this helps. I'm sorry if it's too complicated, and if you encounter any bugs/snags this may not work!

Edited by Da Bomb
lulz

I chose to grab the folder at the castle after talking with Dressler, then for a change of pace headed over to the quarry. After killing the 3 baddies at the quarry I hunted around for the dogtags for a while and intended to head off for the photos after that.

As I was searching for the dogtags Bardak came screaming in there in a 4 x 4 of some kind and pulled up. He ran around in circles for a moment and then I got the cut scene followed by mission end.

I chose to grab the folder at the castle after talking with Dressler, then for a change of pace headed over to the quarry. After killing the 3 baddies at the quarry I hunted around for the dogtags for a while and intended to head off for the photos after that.

As I was searching for the dogtags Bardak came screaming in there in a 4 x 4 of some kind and pulled up. He ran around in circles for a moment and then I got the cut scene followed by mission end.

Yup. This is to be expected. As I stated before, he turns up at the three evidence spots, so if you go out of order (Like you said you did) then he may turn up early.

I went in order and he showed up early. Its just unlucky I guess. Anyways thanks for the guide!

I went in order and he showed up early. Its just unlucky I guess. Anyways thanks for the guide!

Yeah sorry. You need to move really quickly without any hinderance at all. Otherwise, you'll most likely run into Bardak. The game actually tries to help you find him.

Were is the quarry

I don't remember the name of the town, but Dressler mentions Lopotev's hometown when you talk to him. Zoom in a bit on the town and look just to the left. You should see the quarry.

There's no real 100% percent that Bardak will be in quarry. IMO you have few paths to catch him:

- Dressler marked places (Bardak could be in northern camp)

- Vyshnoye known from Miles execution

- Tomas Marny info about Olegich (Elektrozavodsk or quarry near Solnichny)

Follow a one path (step by step) and you should catch him at the end.

There's no real 100% percent that Bardak will be in quarry. IMO you have few paths to catch him:

- Dressler marked places (Bardak could be in northern camp)

- Vyshnoye known from Miles execution

- Tomas Marny info about Olegich (Elektrozavodsk or quarry near Solnichny)

Follow a one path (step by step) and you should catch him at the end.

Did you read the thread?

Yep, I read and there's a lot posts saying "He's in quarry". It's bullsh... In my scenario he was in Chedaki camp.

In the docs you get from Marney it talks about how he founded the Solnichey Quarry Union or something, thats the link.

hmm, iive been playing the mission for allmoste two days now and yet no trace of him, ive tryed the guide and ive tryed running looking for him by listening to people, but all i can finde is his car, the closest i got to him is when he ran us all over last night outside of the powerplant, but after that its impossible to finde him, no matter what i do....:(

I followed the OP's plan, but when I got to Gorka I was waiting for 15 min and nothing happened, so I reloaded my save point and instead of going straight to Gorka I want to see Olegich (sp?) and helped him out 1st, just as I killed the last enemy I got the "you have 20 min blah blah" and headed back, waited about 2-5 min game time (about 30 sec since I had it on 4x) and shot a tire out then got him.

One thing I did which saved me time in the mission is as soon as I got out of the chopper I assigned him a new waypoint a little farther away so I wouldn't have to wait for the chopper to return.

Played this one as best I could a couple of times now, this guy's invisible - I never see him, anywhere, no matter what.

This mission's all about timing. This method has always worked for me:

Unless you run into him beforehand and scare him (small chance), Bardak will always be at the Quarry at 1116hrs.

1. When the mission starts and your CO is briefing the squad, immediately order your squad to mount the nearby helicopter. Order an extraction via 0-8-1. This will get the helicopter's engines running while you're waiting for the cutscene to end (saves a bit of time). Fly to Dressler.

2. Leave your squad inside the helicopter, dismount. Walk up to Dressler and you should immediately get an "Objective Completed" message. Board the helicopter while Dressler is still talking. Tell him "no more questions" while you locate the castle next to Vyshnoye on the map.

3. Immediately set course for the clearing right next to the castle. Again, leave your squad inside the helicopter while you dismount. Grab the map (Evidence 1/4). Mount up. There is a machine gunner wandering around the treelines. Shoot him if he becomes an issue. Otherwise, just igore him. Save as much time as you can.

If you're too slow getting to the castle, you'll see Bardak's red/blue car parked inside the walls as the helicopter lands. This happened to me once, and Bardak just took off before I could dismount. Restart if this happens.

4. Fly to the Quarry. You can leave your squad in the helicopter or have them dismount at this point. Dismount, kill the 3 men, get the dogtags (Evidence 2/4). Wait at the road intersection to the right of the Quarry. At 1116hrs, Bardak will drive down. Shoot out the tires, chase him around, spray a few rounds around him. Eventually, he'll surrender and say "Don't shoot!". Back off before the cutscene activates. Mark his position on the map.

5. Fly to northmost X and assault the hill. I landed in the southern clearing and managed to avoid the Shilka fire. Clear the camp with your squad, grab the photos inside the tent (Evidence 3/4), fly back to Bardak's position.

6. Walk up to him, wait for cutscene to kick in (Evidence 4/4).

I usually manage to complete the mission by 1130-1135hrs. It's all about getting Bardak at the Quarry at 1116hrs while still getting all the other evidence before the mission time limit is up.

After talking to Dressler and Marny I

• went to the Power Plant,
  • then the Quarry (Tip here: as ordering others to pick up the Dogtags didn't work for me, I temporarily switched the Terrain Detail to Very Low - makes searching on the ground so much easier :p)
  • Vyshnoje (SP?)
  • the northern camp
  • helped Olengich (I was actually waiting for the 20mins warning and thought I might just as well do so fighting...)

And here I was quite surprised as I shot a last enemy in the woods to the north, when suddenly a message told me that I just shot Bardak :eek:

Another option while shuttleing around with the chopper - if you are somewhere just to pick something up or for a chat (Dressler, Plant, Vyshnoje) you can just leave your men in the chopper and it will stay put.

If you are scared of the Shilka up north you can use the UAV at the start of the mission to kill it with a Hellfire. That should make travelling with the more save. However, when I travelled north of Gorka I got shot down by a missle (most likely some MANPAD).

Edited by WhoCares

this is ridiculous.

i spent the last 5 hours maybe trying to finish this quest and i probably have to start over AGAIN.

i followed the instructions of the first post and also visited the other two X's and i still got no 20min message.

i managed to do it the first time and i didn't even make everything you people say, i just visited the 3 X's with a freaking hummer. i then started over because i can't track 3-4 roads leading north and of course couldn't see any car moving north with the huey. and OF COURSE i can't go back because of the save system.

any advices at all? it's really frustrating, i don't care about fair play, i'll cheat if i have to to get past this. i want the shortest, least complete way to finish this, step by step if possible with save advices before places it may bug or something.

also don't tell me to read the thread, for i already tried the instructions of another post and again it failed. it's not like the way the game is played makes it easy for you to try again and again.

Yep followed the instructions in this thread. Got all 3 "evidence" then went to the road south of Gorka... at ~12:20pm got the 20 min. thing. had time set to 4x and waited... waited... waited... 2:00pm still no car and still no mission end... what is wrong with this mission???

First time when I complated the mission was when I found Bardak at the Quarry. Second time Bardak died somehow when I was trying to find some info at base.

And i did this in another way... Wich works also.

So i guess you can do it in many ways. I got bardak not in the quarry, not in the castle, but on the run in a village...

Just kicked up the campaign to test it and its pretty damn fun. :)

EDIT:

I forgot. Once i took Bardak first and then the 3 evidences - that did not work. Mission did not stop. So i guess BIS needs to make the mission work whatever order you pick the pieces up because that time i went on the clues, and it took me to capturing Bardak first. Some hours of play leading to nothing lol.

Either make it work in any order or make the intel lead you correct wich seems like a bad CoD solution. :D

Edited by Alex72

I started the campaign once more with 1.04 and my squad members cannot pick up dogtags in query. They just go to a certain position and just stand there doing nothing. In the bottom of the screen it shows "action" on unit that wants to pick it up but it never ends. Anyone else with this kind of problem?

I started the campaign once more with 1.04 and my squad members cannot pick up dogtags in query. They just go to a certain position and just stand there doing nothing. In the bottom of the screen it shows "action" on unit that wants to pick it up but it never ends. Anyone else with this kind of problem?

I have exactly the same problem and it seems that capturing Bardak first breaks the script.

Edited by Armchair_Hero

Sometimes a dead enemy is blocking the action. You'll have to hide the enemy body.

It did not help in my game. Perhaps was the reason that it was the second time when i was in the quarry. The dead bodies were still there but (the first time i did not know that i should search dog tags).

I replayed the mission and now i found the dog tags but because i captured Barduk before i had all three items the mission had again no end.