Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Razor 2 Walkthrough

I can now confirm that it doesn't work at all.
    We gathered all the evidence, and intercepted Barka in Gorka.

The mission complete screen was onscreen for a split second, then we were thrown back to the mission select.

I think I captured Bardak in Gorka but I'm not sure.

I got the time limit call, flew to Gorka, and put my team on the main intersection. I noticed a man walking around on the main road so I followed him. Then I heard a car start up. As it drove toward me I pointed my weapon at it, and the driver got out and laid on the ground. I got 4-5 simultaneous messages from Battlemage, and then was tossed to the results screen with everything completed. I guess I got him

Updated: It seems what I was might not actually be a bug. The task shows as completed even when you haven't captured Bardak; it's just to indicate you've "found" the car he's driving, from what I can tell. To complete the mission you need to physically stop the vehicle he's in and capture him.

---

I'm using the Steam (1.07) version of ArmA II, and encountered a bug towards the end of this mission. Having explored several of the possible locations by following the trail of clues, I received the "20 minute message" about the red hatchback trying to escape north.

However, a minute after I began driving towards the location, I got the message that the task for capturing Bardak had been completed. However; the mission didn't end. I'm guessing I need to restart the mission from scratch.

At that point I hadn't collected any of the evidence pieces (though I had found a very golden AK47).
    Last edited by Caddrel; Jul 6 2010 at 15:10.

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

I've Just picked up arma 2 after wanting to play it for a long time. I, like many, am having issues with the Razor 2 mission. So i followed the walkthrough on page 1 and as I write this i'm currently standing in the woods just outside Gorka on the south road. I've been here since about 11.30 (game time) and it's currently 12.15. I've got all the evidence on the map and i'm just wondering when i should expect bardak? if ever?

I know this is an old thread but i'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Thanks guys and gals.

BTW i've got the steam version so i'm running the latest patches

*UPDATE*

Well i finally did it. I ended up loading Combined OPs and doing it in there. The capture was kinda funny coz i was looking at the map at the time and i heard a car so i dropped out of the map view, slowed down the time and saw bardak. I ran after him popping shots off around the car and calling back my red team (i sent 3 and 4 to watch the other south road that is west of the one bardak uses, just to be sure). He pulled over after about 30 metres and just sat there. The objective complete message flagged up but nothing happened, So i shot out all four tyres and got in the car! and told my team to do the same. Once they did he tried to abduct us! so i ordered them out and also did the same and then he tried to run me down. The team surrounded the car and after a lame attempt at getting away he jumped out and pegged it 10 metres later i'm done.

I'm so glad i can finally progress through the game and i have to say that OA/com ops(?) does seem a lot less buggy for me. Looks better for the same performance too
    Last edited by M3PH; May 14 2011 at 00:02. Reason: extra info added
    PC Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 (O/C to 3.1GHz)
    Artic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro HSF
    Asus P5K Premium/Wifi-AP Black Pearl Edition
    2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066MHz (O/C to 1101MHz)
    EVGA Nvidia 9800GTX+ (GPU O/C to 790MHz, Shader O/C to 1900MHz, Mem O/C to 1140MHz)
    Creative X-FI Titanium PCI-e (attached to Creative 5.1 Surround speakers and a Creative Aurvana DJ headset)
    Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD
    Antec Twelve Hundred Case
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Razer Lachesis Mouse (V2.0)
    Windows 7 Pro 32bit

In order for the trigger to have Bardak leave the area and go to Gorka, do you have to talk to Dressler first? In my playthrough I've gathered all other intelligence and am just sitting around on the road by Gorka and the message that they are fleeing hasn't shown up after approximately 20 minutes of waiting

Just recently knows that bardak can be captured alive actually from this thread
    I had him but unfortunately when he were trying to run even after I had my Humvee blocked on his red hatchback and shoot his tires , still he could managed to find a way around avoided my blocking humvee. So Iam got nervous soon, afraid that he would be able to escape, so started to shot him like mad and it was ended by his car burnt and not long after mission end and told me that bardak tried to resisted the arrest so he should be killed

Iam too lazy to replay or revert the mission again

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gkenny98 View Post
    In order for the trigger to have Bardak leave the area and go to Gorka, do you have to talk to Dressler first? In my playthrough I've gathered all other intelligence and am just sitting around on the road by Gorka and the message that they are fleeing hasn't shown up after approximately 20 minutes of waiting
    I think in order to trigger the report that bardak are about to leave head toward gorka or kravnostav is you should check those 3 x marks that had been given by Dressler in CDF HQ near starting position in the mission. After you are finish on third camp which in my case is the northest camp and the last camp that I had checked, the game will be saved automatically and that's where you will be informed by shaftoe about Bardak leaving for stated area.

Quote Originally Posted by gkenny98 View Post
    This can also mean one of the following things:
    1) Bardak has lost a vehicle and AFAIK he is not scripted to escape the mission area by walking.
    2) Bardak has hit some obstable or run out of fuel and is just sitting in his car moving his wheel.
    3) You have accidentally gone close enough Bardak to make him leave his initial scripted path and original vehicle, so he could be hiding somewhere like under gas station roof or inside a barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzu View Post
    This can also mean one of the following things:
    1) Bardak has lost a vehicle and AFAIK he is not scripted to escape the mission area by walking.
    2) Bardak has hit some obstable or run out of fuel and is just sitting in his car moving his wheel.
    3) You have accidentally gone close enough Bardak to make him leave his initial scripted path and original vehicle, so he could be hiding somewhere like under gas station roof or inside a barn.
    When i find him he's going to be feel sorry for himself. I will throw him on a canoe and kick his sorry *ss to sea!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345