Sign in to follow this  
randir14

Stuttering and rubberbanding online

Whenever I join a server, even a low ping one, I experience micro stutters and rubberbanding due to lag. I can move around smoothly myself, the problem is other players warp around and if I'm in a passenger in a vehicle I warp too. It makes being the gunner almost impossible. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it? Are there some ports I need to open?

As far as i know it has always happened in arma, its just when someone is getting lag it shows on your screen as them jumping, it is anoying but its not that bad really!

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

As far as i know it has always happened in arma, its just when someone is getting lag it shows on your screen as them jumping, it is anoying but its not that bad really!

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

Not that bad -LOL. Yes it is bad because half of the time it's hard to aim at the thing you want to hit.

Yup, same thing here, already made a thread for it.

It's a killer for moving targets :(

Not that bad -LOL. Yes it is bad because half of the time it's hard to aim at the thing you want to hit.

Warp is warp. Not much you can do about a connection that suffers a drop in quality. Try firing a stationary targets rather than plinking away at moving ones.

Warp is warp. Not much you can do about a connection that suffers a drop in quality. Try firing a stationary targets rather than plinking away at moving ones.

This is nothing to do with a drop in connection it's the game itself, Also, it's not very good for a war game if you have to wait for your target to stop before you shoot them, nobody likes to be a sitting duck in a game. This should not happen in a game and thankfully it doesn't in most games.

Edited by Jackdaniels

Lol just estimate his next warp would be.

If hes running shoot 2 feet in front of him and when he appears he'll meet teh bulletz

:yay:

This is nothing to do with a drop in connection it's the game itself, Also, it's not very good for a war game if you have to wait for your target to stop before you shoot them, nobody likes to be a sitting duck in a game. This should not happen in a game and thankfully it doesn't in most games.

You have no proof of that. I see plenty of players moving smoothly around the map. Of course, it could be a drop in quality at your end too.

You have no proof of that. I see plenty of players moving smoothly around the map. Of course, it could be a drop in quality at your end too.

I've seen it happen before but it doesn't happen all the time. The network prediction does have problems sometimes, especially when there are a lot of units involved and especially when there are helos and/or planes around.

Eth

I experience this on crappy servers. Sometimes it's horrendous.

For example I wanted to use a KORD tripod but no matter how hard I tried the game didn't let me so I thought whatever. I moved away from the KORD and saw a BTR-90 in the distance grabbed my Javelin and launched it once it locked on. I saw the missile hit the BTR directly but it didn't explode. I was like 'wtf' suddenly I was sitting in the KORD tripod and the BTR was burning on the opposite side of the town.