Sign in to follow this  
hannibal636

arma2 AIR CAS/air Superiority squadrons, groups, clans, maps,etc

ok arma2 has been out for a couple of weeks.

its been ok, so far.

i had some good times with guys from tactical gamer..

but i ask, where are the arma2 players that are more air oriented?

i see these videos of the F-16 mod, and it looks awesome.

i come from the lock on and DCS Black Shark community, and i was hoping to run into some people who are more air oriented, whom of which might have made missions that cater to the taste of a flight simmer..

DCS black shark and lockon are great, but im still waiting to experience a new and different environment and engine, and arma2 has the capability to bring something different.

i am dying to fly with others (NOT Ai) as a group of 3+ planes to go on a bombing run, GAU17 strafing etc..

So far im a lil tired of getting on the arma2 server browser, and all i see is domination and evolution.

WHERE ARE THE arma2 AIR SIM HEADS!!

ArmA 2 sucks as an air sim this is why you don't find air sim heads. The map is too small for dedicated air maps (you cross the map before you get any real altitude) and the flight models are horrible. On public servers planes would be first come first serve and most private servers do not run missions that would require long term dedicated air support from fast movers (there would be hours flying circles waiting for a target).

I'm in the air every chance I get. AV8B ownage :D

But yes, after I clear out a town of all armor and soft targets...it can get boring. But I just RTB and wait for when the team needs my assistance again. Hell, i may even warp to the frontlines just to get it moving faster.

I actually find A2 air to air combat better then I expected. Atleast you have to aim and hold a bit before you fire the missile.